What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Capogirl
on 7/5/16 11:13 am

Hubby and DD saw Finding Dory, I think I would be too uncomfortable inthe boot to go to the theater.  Waiting for this damn thing to come off.  Need to see "Me Before You" as well.

Lisa09
on 7/5/16 1:51 pm - NH

I saw Me Before You this weekend.  It was great. Bring kleenex.  I'd recommend reading the book first, though.  I also read the sequel, Me After You, which was good but not as good as the first.  

HW: 280 SW: 270. CW: 190. Goal: 140

Lap Band: 10/2007 Insurance Approval: 10/19/15 Revision to RNY: 11/2/15

Preop -10 M1 -26  M2 -19  M3 -10  M4 -11  M5 -3  M5  -4  M6 .. Too tired to do the math, but slow

Capogirl
on 7/6/16 5:45 am

I did read both books and am fully prepared to bring lots of kleenex.  I just hope it isn't gone from the theater before my boot is off.

Grim_Traveller
on 7/5/16 8:29 am
RNY on 08/21/12

For AV on hot dogs:

We like hot dogs but hate wieners. Don't be a wiener.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Daisydoo02
on 7/5/16 11:31 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Awesome PSA of the Day: "Don't be a wiener"

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

mschwab
on 7/5/16 8:39 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Good morning everyone!  I am taking one more day off, so today is a misc. chore day.  I'm starting with a nice long walk, because I have to vacate the house so the housekeepers can do their work. First world problems. 

I ended up not going to a party I was invited to yesterday.  It was a very busy weekend, and I felt the need to hang out with my Dad instead.  So, I had a very quiet day yesterday, which was really nice.

i had a designer and architect come over this weekend to do a design of my basement. It is pretty rough now, and I am going to remodel and put in a family room, bath, laundry room and some sort of wine storage.  I also have a pretty big space that is not finished.  If it is not cost prohibitive, I'd like to finish that space and add a bedroom.  I love the design phase of this stuff. It's the actual construction that I don't like. All that mess makes me crazy. At least it will be in the basement.

QOTD:  Ugh!  Just the thought of either option makes my skin itch.  I think I would go with bathing everyday and same clothes.  Deodorant had better be allowed!

Time since surgery: 19 months 

B:  Egg Beaters, mozzarella and bacon omelette

S:  Cherries, deli ham

L:  Chicken Breast

S:  Chicken Sausage link

D:  Rib eye, 1/2 steamed artichoke 

Have a great day everyone!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

robinreinhardt
on 7/5/16 2:44 pm

I'm with you girl, I love my deodorant. Happy you are going to finish your basement. Sounds really nice.

Good luck.

Robin

Capogirl
on 7/5/16 9:16 am

Good afternoon,

My weekend was nice, quiet for the most part.  Went to a bbq at a friend's on Sunday.  Yesterday we spent the day home, I made a huge pot of meat sauce.  Will have some of that for my lunch today with a sausage.  No noodles.  Had 2 hours of sleep this morning, yes, you read that right, this morning. I slept between 4:30 and 5:00 and 5:30 until 7:00.  Came in late to work today and am fading fast.

QOTD:  Shower and wear the same clothes.  I cannot fully wake up without a shower. 

B:  Wakeup Wrap and decaf coffee w/cream & splenda.  I can't drink caffeine.

L:  Sausage w/meat sauce

D:  Was going to make teriyaki chicken, but will probably not have energy to cook. 

Nicole K.
on 7/5/16 9:33 am - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

Hi everyone! Sounds like you all had fun weekends, I wish mine were about 12 days longer, but... I slept most of the weekend, which I know sounds weird, but if I don't sleep, I'm snacking or eating.  I HAVE to find a hobby or something to keep myself busy.  I don't really have anything like that, I love gardening, but I live in a condo with no yard, I love animals, but I have no pets.  This is crazy, but I'm thinking about getting a sewing machine and learning how to sew and quilt, I have seen some designs and blankets that I love and I'd like to see if I'm capable of creating them.  I guess that means I'm getting old.

I went off the rails this weekend - carb city.  So, I'm getting back on track.

B: Cheese and almonds

L: chicken salad

S: L&F Greek Vanilla Yogurt

D: BBQ Chicken

Side Note:

I had a small nervous breakdown a month or so ago and came to the (probably incorrect) conclusion that my anti-depressants were causing me to stall on my weight loss, and dropped everything (under medical supervision).

Here's a tip, DON'T EVER DO THAT!  I was a mental basket case for a few weeks and it's such a chore getting everything balanced out again.  Take it from me, it's much better to have stalled weight loss or a few extra pounds and be mentally sound than feeling like you have to be peeled off the ceiling every day.  This is probably a no-brainer for most of you, but I learned this lesson the hard way.

Have a great Tuesday!

Nicole 

RNY on 2/12/2016 with Dr. Kent Sasse

First consultation weight: 309  Goal weight: 150

Ereiam
on 7/5/16 1:06 pm
RNY on 05/16/16

Ouch. That sounds like a hard lesson! I take depression meds too and my doc said my loss might be slightly slower, but wouldn't change the amount I would lose or keeping it off. 

Im hoping you're feeling better quickly!

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 364 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 278 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 405 views