What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Grim_Traveller
on 7/5/16 8:44 am
RNY on 08/21/12

27th or 28th of August is fine for me. I'd rather not do Labor Day weekend, but mid September is good.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Capogirl
on 7/5/16 11:10 am

I don't think I can make Syracuse.  I thought you were coming to Boston in July!

NYMom222
on 7/5/16 5:12 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

August 27th and 28th is the Obesity Action Coalition Convention in DC... and I am going. You know I love to drive, Syracuse is a day trip...LOL. I am in for another weekend... September is actually really open at this point...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

RNY_elizabeth
on 7/5/16 7:10 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Happy back to work day Friends. It was a great weekend.  Lots of running around and also lots of sitting at home relaxing.  Good stuff. 

QOTD: Shower.  No doubt.  I would go naked as long as I could have a shower. 

Menu:

B: Greek yogurt Chobani Simply Crunch

S: Cheese stick

L: Greek yogurt and grapes/blueberries

D: Taco meat and fixings

S: Cheese stick

Totals: Calories 761, Protein 80, Fat 20, Carbs 52

In a rush this morning so not much time to write.  Catch you all tomorrow!

~Elizabeth

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Ereiam
on 7/5/16 7:16 am
RNY on 05/16/16

Good morning everyone,

First off, I want to tell you all how much I appreciate this group. I'm such a newbie and am grateful for the support you guys give me. There are no support groups anywhere near me so this daily post is it for me. Ok. On to my weekend.

My weekend was pretty good. A good balance of nothing to do and a couple low key events. I realized the most awesome thing yesterday. I was sitting there in the park watching fireworks, and I had the weirdest feeling that something was missing. It was the overly stuffed feeling that I associate with holidays. Yesterday was my first holiday that I can remember that didn't revolve around food for me. I cooked some awesome food, and stayed on my plan. Woo hoo!

Qotd: that's a hard one. It would depend on what I was doing for that week. If I were outside and sweating a lot, I would say shower daily and same clothes. If it were a work week, where I'm mostly indoors, I would want to change clothes every day.

Speaking of sweating, I'm headed to the gym today for a session with a personal trainer. I'm trying to find some exercise I can do that doesn't wipe out my knees and hips. I'm feeling self conscious about going...you know, the fat lady at the gym. But I'm going anyway.

Here's my food for today:

B two eggs, coffee with cream

L turkey meatloaf, blueberries

D pulled pork, coleslaw

S pure protein bar, plum

Calories 809     Carbs 47    Protein 82

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

karenp8
on 7/5/16 7:26 am - Brighton, IL

No reason to feel self conscious.  Everyone there is busy worrying about themselves and won't even notice. Getting professional help is the smart thing to do to find an exercise that works for you. Way to go!

G2GAWAY
on 7/5/16 10:13 am
RNY on 05/16/15

Enjoy the session with your trainer.  Just focus on you and don't worry about anyone else.  The truth is everybody is more worried about themselves. Do this for you and only you!!!  I have bad knees too and we just do things to strengthen around them.  I can't do lunges or any forward type movement, but can do the leg press where you lay on your back.  They will help find what works for you.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Daisydoo02
on 7/5/16 11:24 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

This is not anyone else's journey but yours!  Stand PROUD and remember you are doing this for yourself not for all those people in the gym.  You put your ear phones in and crank your tunes on and forget about everyone else.  And remember this...YOU are at the gym, think of how many other MO people are sitting at home wishing they had your courage and determination & confidence to get healthy.

There is a very big girl that likes to go to the step classes I go to. I go pretty hard because I love a good workout and I sweat my butt off, this big girl keeps up and does the whole class at a lower intensity. And you know what first time I saw her at the end of the class I walked over and said to her "Give me a BIG HIGH FIVE, you DID AWESOME" and I did that because that was me 3 years ago, the big girl in the class and it touched me on a personal level that this girl had the courage and confidence to go to a step class.

YOU GOT THIS!!!!  CONGRATS on taking this step to health & wellness! 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Ereiam
on 7/5/16 11:51 am
RNY on 05/16/16

So I went...it was good. The trainer tried to kill me, lol. And I wasn't the only "chubby" one there. Thanks for the encouragement!

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

karenp8
on 7/5/16 1:08 pm - Brighton, IL

That's what we're here for!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 370 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?