What is on your 4th of July Menu RNYers?

NYMom222
on 7/4/16 6:12 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Hey there, no one has posted so figured I'd take the reins. Eating takes no Holiday, right? The mental mind games take no holiday either.

Was satisfied with my potluck endeavor yesterday, even though it included small amount of a good ol' NY bagel- but planned for. It is the unplanned that gets me...when I can't tell if I am eating out of my head or really need food. Night time has been getting me. Last night the neighborhood foreworks didn't end till 1 AM, so went to bed wayyyy too late.

So my neighbor usually has a 4th BBQ- but they decided not to do it this year. WHAT??? hahahaha... so just invited some good friends- a couple over for a little R and R by the pool, and some Meat on teh BBQ. Target had all sorts of stuff on sale in the meat dept. the other night so I need to start cooking. Planning on leftovers for the week.

QOTD: Plans today and what is your biggest challenge?

For me I think not grazing on a day like today. I did make a dessert from Bariatriceating.com but I should have thrown some protein powder in there- protein forward, right? Then of course not eating the leftovers forever.....

B1: Latte coffee laced with Miralax

B2: Protein shake

L: BBQ - chicken, piece of hamburger, corn on cob, salad, potato salad -  I know I won't be able to eat it all, see where it goes. but that is the menu

S: Bariatric eating 'ice cream cake' (COol Whip and SF pudding frozen with Bluberries and raspberries- my version)

D: Leftover meat

S: Protein bar or spoon of PB - maybe.....need to break this habit.

Ex: 21 day fix. Did enjoy doing Cize yesterday for a change up with my 2 left feet. Shaun T is easy on the eyes- as they say.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

chassibi
on 7/4/16 6:24 am

Thanks for posting, I agree--I have to plan or I feel free to graze! I'm at work for my last of 3 twelve hour shifts. I'm tired and I'm kicking myself for working all weekend when the whole family is home, but after today I'm off until next Monday! Tomorrow will be a long, fun day at a local amusement park with my kiddos, mom and niece. I will take some pics and post them Tuesday.

M1-irish tea w/SF creamer, triple zero yogurt

M2-cheddar cheese stick

M3-1/4 c Mongolian beef

M4- 1/4 c Mongolian beef

M5- 2/3 of hamburger pattie

M6- probably a protein shake

Have a great day everyone! Happy 4th!

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

NYMom222
on 7/4/16 6:27 am
RNY on 07/23/14

3 12-hour-shifts is rough but off until next Monday is really nice too. Enjoy the Park, and yes, pics!

Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

Save

Save

karenp8
on 7/4/16 6:43 am - Brighton, IL

Another gloomy rainy day here in Illinois but Lily and I are off to a great start as we have our 3.2 miles in. Got a bit damp at the end but we managed to get it done. Plans for today include lunch at my inlaws and laundry this evening to get my son ready to go back to Atlanta tomorrow. We've enjoyed the time we got to spend together and he'll be home again at Christmas. It's hard having him so far away but I talk to him several times a day on the phone. Post op 46 months and weight at 119 today. Here's the food plan B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L 31/2 oz whatever meat my MIL has and 1/2 c of her crock pot green beans D 31/2 oz ground beef with salsa 1/2 c cauliflower S mission 1 chocolate chip protein bar.  Have a great day everyone and make some amazing choices! 

NYMom222
on 7/4/16 7:18 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I am jealous your son talks to you that often....that is soooo nice.... Mine is via text and I am lucky if I hear from him every several weeks.... I hear more from my DIL, but still not everyday.

Save

Save

karenp8
on 7/4/16 7:23 am - Brighton, IL

That's the youngest and he and I are very much alike and very close. The oldest calls maybe once a month and lives in Minneapolis. Of course the oldest moved there with a girlfriend and Sam is in Atlanta by himself. He calls me every day on his drive home. 

life_mirrors_art
on 7/4/16 7:06 am - Canada

Good morning! QOTD: July 1st is the holiday in Canada, so today is just a regular summer Monday. My biggest challenge is trying not to graze on all the delicious seasonal fruit. A little is okay, but I could (and occasionally do) nibble on ripe cherries all day long. To me it's the taste of summer.

B: quick steel cut oats and ham

L: ham and cherry tomatoes from the garden!  :)

D: more ham or chicken if I do some cooking

S: strawberries, yogurt

Cal-854 and protein-106

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

NYMom222
on 7/4/16 7:19 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Yes summer fruits- so delicious. I have been eating them more, but yes like all things can't go overboard.

Save

Save

Ereiam
on 7/4/16 7:35 am
RNY on 05/16/16

I have so much fresh fruit right now and it's tempting to nibble. Yesterday I had blueberries at breakfast, cherries with lunch, and a small plum at bedtime. My carb count still came in less than 50, so I guess I'm good. Fruit definitely helps with bathroom issues!

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

life_mirrors_art
on 7/4/16 7:49 am - Canada

My food plan didn't allow anything with skins or seeds (berries, apples, tomatoes, etc.) for the first six months - yours appears to be more liberal to allow them after six weeks. Fruit was one of the things I missed the most in the early days. I can eat most fruits except citrus now, but since I couldn't eat citrus before RNY either, it isn't an issue.

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 370 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 315 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 407 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views