What's on your (Photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

G2GAWAY
on 6/24/16 9:54 am
RNY on 05/16/15

So much happening on these threads that I want to respond to, but sadly, by the time I get on them it is way too late. Today I am taking a  work break.  Anyway, I was excited to hear about all of the makeup finds yesterday.  I have always been a die hard Estee Lauder person and while I continue it for skincare, one of my daughters took me to MAC a few years back and I finally mastered eye liner (upper lid only) and I have stuck with their products for makeup. But I have never been able to find a mascara that I really like, so I am going to try some of these options when I can get out and buy them.  I haven't found anything new and exciting to share.

Envious of those that are going camping. I have a 5th Wheel and quads, but nobody wants to go any more.  Sad to hear about injuries and health issues. Hope everyone recovers.  Good news about RNY Elizabeth's clean bill of health. Can totally relate to the drama that goes with daughters.  Uggh.

Today's QOTD: SHRIMP SHRIMP SHRIMP  I especially love it grilled and there is a place near my house that sells a skewer of 4 shrimp with vegies (good sized shrimp) for $4.  And if I happen to get there on a day/time that is happy hour, it is only $2 a skewer.

This picture was from the weekend. I have worn a dress 2 times in the last 10 years or so (same dress-to a black tie wedding, and a work "gala"), but I got brave and bought 2 dresses last week and wore one out to dinner at a fancy place for Father's Day. I have to say I felt great and received a lot of compliments, so I am going to branch out and try to find some more. Of course, that involves new shoes too and I struggle with that because I have worn flats for so long. I ordered some shoes online (size 11s are hard to find in the store), but they both gave me toe cleavage and I cannot handle that, so they must be returned. I also have weird pinkie toes from hammertoe surgery many years ago, so my feet are a hot mess for shoes. Although I will wear flip flops away from work (my toes show), I will not wear open toed shoes that don't cover my baby toes (they must have a wide strap or be a peep toe) to work. Definitely a challenge, but it is my new quest.

I am going to play Bunco on Saturday with a group of ladies I have known since I was 18 (53 now). It was my Mom's group and many of the ladies are now in their 70s. I sub from time to time and they are trying to draft me in as a regular again, but I just can't add more on my plate. I prefer to be called to sub and be the "guest of honor." My husband and I are meeting our sort of local daughter on Sunday and going to see the Space Shuttle Endeavour, have lunch, and visit The Broad. So, it should be a fun weekend. Hope you all have fun doing whatever is on your agenda for the weekend.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

karenp8
on 6/24/16 10:33 am - Brighton, IL

I love your dress! And can relate on the shoe issue. I wear a 101/2 or 11 and have ugly toes as I have had hammer toe surgery or both my feet too. In fact the one had to be redone as the first time did not work. So I am very self conscious in sandals.

G2GAWAY
on 6/25/16 7:23 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

Thanks!  I don't have the pain I used to have, but I have ugly toes now and also am very self conscious in sandals.  

Cory

Daisydoo02
on 6/24/16 10:34 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

HOT MAMA!!! WOW you two look awesome! I love love your dress, purple is one of my fav colours!!!!!!!!!

And a skewer or shrimp for $4 I am so jealous!! Where do you live, I think we need to do a road trip LOL

You have a ton of fun weekend plans!  Hope you can get on the boards more often we miss you!!!

Keep up the great work!! Have a great weekend!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

G2GAWAY
on 6/24/16 11:36 am
RNY on 05/16/15

Thanks so much!!!  I love purple.  I had an awesome wardrobe that included many purple suit jackets, but sadly/happily none of them fit any more and I am working to replenish in smaller sizes.  Unfortunately, the only colors that seem to be out right now do NOT include purple. Hopefully they will come with the new fall stuff.  I am in Southern Cal about halfway between Disneyland and Palm Springs. Heading out to my other local shrimp place (near work) called Shrimp House for a skewer, salad and vegies.  I found it about 6 months after my surgery and it has been life changing to stay on track.

Cory

Emiepie
on 6/24/16 1:02 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

What a great picture!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Corrie33
on 6/24/16 1:47 pm
RNY on 02/09/15

LOVE the dress - and the shoes, too!  You look stunning.  And so happy.  

GOAL REACHED! 170 lbs lost...

RNY: 2/9/15 (age 52), Ht-5'9" HW=304, SW=292, GW=155, LW=134, CW=147

Mo.1 -29lbs Mo.2 -18lbs Mo.3 -13lbs Mo.4 -11lbs Mo.5 - 14lbs Mo.6 - 10lbs Mo. 7 -11lbs Mo. 8 -9.4lbs

NYMom222
on 6/24/16 8:56 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Love the dress! I am buying and wearing so many more dresses since losing the weight...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Corrie33
on 6/24/16 9:59 am
RNY on 02/09/15

Good morning and happy Friday to all (thank goodness!).  

QOTD - Lately I'm enjoying fresh pork:  pork chops, pork tenderloins, and I have New York Pork steaks in the freezer, don't know what they are exactly, but I'm anxious to try 'em.  It's all so easy - come home from work, season, slap into a pan, sear, cover, turn and yum.  

My pic shows some BLING! that I treated myself to this week.  I've been saving so much on food and alcohol I'm able to put a little aside to treat myself when I hit a new milestone.  This month I have maintained my goal weight (even gone well below it) for 6 months - so I got this gold bracelet at a new jewelry store that was having a grand opening sale.  I love me some bling!

16.5 months since RNY

2 Turkey Sausage Links

L&F Yogurt w/protein granola

2 oz deli ham w/FF cheddar cheese roll up

2 oz Grilled Mahi Mahi w/steamed veggies

1.5 oz Baked Beans

15 Almonds

7 Moon Cheese

1 small Cutie-Pie Tangerine (from Mom's Tree)

Calories 964, Carbs 54, Fat 33, Protein 85

Have a great day all!

GOAL REACHED! 170 lbs lost...

RNY: 2/9/15 (age 52), Ht-5'9" HW=304, SW=292, GW=155, LW=134, CW=147

Mo.1 -29lbs Mo.2 -18lbs Mo.3 -13lbs Mo.4 -11lbs Mo.5 - 14lbs Mo.6 - 10lbs Mo. 7 -11lbs Mo. 8 -9.4lbs

G2GAWAY
on 6/24/16 11:33 am
RNY on 05/16/15

This makes me think I should go through all of the jewelry I had that no longer fit before surgery (bracelets too small, necklaces too short).  It will be just like shopping, only cheaper.  Your menu looks delicious.  I am heading out to go get some grilled shrimp for lunch at the local place near work. I need to find some moon cheese so I can add some crunch to my menu.  I had some before, but bought it in Northern Cal.  Where do you get it in So Cal?  What is the brand name>

Cory

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 364 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 277 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 405 views