What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Ereiam
on 6/23/16 7:08 am
RNY on 05/16/16

You're right, I'm just such a softie. I did tell all of them to quit asking me for dang money and get a job. I also told my 18yo who won't lift a finger to get her driver's license that I'm not driving her anywhere anymore. Next week, I'm going to drop the bomb and tell her she needs to start paying rent. She graduated in May and apparently has long term plans of playing computer games. I'm tired of trying to motivate her, so I'm trying some tough love. (Tough for this softie that is.)

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

The Salty Hag
on 6/23/16 9:45 am
RNY on 05/20/13

My parents had 4 girls, and one boy. Maybe that's why my mother smoked like a chimney and my dad golfed every weekend. 

I have one girl. One is enough. My 3 boys are like your oldest...they're pretty chill, and they listen to me. They never complain or argue. My daughter started doing that at 3. 

There was one summer where she lost her cell phone for most of the summer-I think she had it a total of 9 days or something like that. ( We only gave the kids cell phones because we don't have a land line. )

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Emiepie
on 6/23/16 7:30 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Have so much fun!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

life_mirrors_art
on 6/23/16 5:55 am - Canada

Good morning! Congrats to your son, AV!

Am grabbing the last cool morning of the week to dig a new flowerbed from rock hard scruffy lawn. I will add new soil and seeds after the digging is done, and hope to see flowers later this summer. 

B: chicken

L: ham

D: bunless turkey burger

S: yogurt with fresh strawberries, chicken nibblers, sf jello

Cal-906, carbs-23, protein-123

QOTD: no new discoveries here. I use Lancome cosmetics - it's the only type I've found that doesn't irritate my skin. I only wear makeup for special occasions.

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

AngryViking
on 6/23/16 6:15 am
RNY on 07/17/14

My Mom loved Lancôme.  I'm cheap, though, so it's drug store all the way for me!

Capogirl
on 6/23/16 12:24 pm

I used to use Lancome, back in the old days, when I had no kids and a fabulous job.

life_mirrors_art
on 6/23/16 12:53 pm - Canada

Lancome has a lovely scent and texture, and above all, doesn't make my eczema flare or cause breakouts. If I wore makeup daily it would be out of my price range, but everything lasts for years, except for the mascara, which I change out regularly for hygiene reasons. I don't wear foundation, just a little spot cover and translucent powder if needed, a touch of eyeshadow and blush, and a light application of mascara and lipstick. Because my skin is so fair, very few colors suit me anyway, so one new blush or lipstick every five years or so keeps the look sufficiently up to date. I like to consider the colour palette 'classic and enduring' instead of 'boring and repetitive.'. :)

The lip balm habit is in a completely different category - I must have half a dozen of those things in play at any given moment!

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

Capogirl
on 6/23/16 5:56 am

Hooray for Michael!  I have an honor student too, she also takes three honors classes and still managed to make honor roll every trimester. 

So I'm not feeling great today, I found out last night I do have a fracture in my foot and have to take more time out of work today to be fitted for a boot that I will need to wear for at least 4 weeks.  So another bummer summer.

Last summer I ended up having the hernia surgery in June and threw my back out in August, all after having my surgery in April.  All of my vacation time last year and so far this year has been for Dr. appts or medical leave.

I was supposed to take the week of July 18 for vacation, then hubby will be starting his new job that week, so I was going to take half of the week of the 11th and half the 18th, but now I don't want to take time.  I do however have a follow-up on the 13th with the podiatrist and one with my surgeon on the 21st.  So now I think I'll just forget about vacation and just take half days on those two days. 

Sorry, I really didn't mean to take over the whole thread for my personal pity party.

B:  1/2 Fiber One English Muffin w/ 4oz cottage cheese, coffee w/creamer

S:   small slice of apple tart that the boss brought in, I couldn't resist. 

L:  Mixed green salad w/ turkey, ham, cheese & 1 hb egg

D:  Turkey burger & zucchini?

S:  

AngryViking
on 6/23/16 6:17 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Boo on the fracture!  That stinks!

karenp8
on 6/23/16 6:24 am - Brighton, IL

You can have a pity party anytime you want. It's much better to get those feelings out there tHan to hold them inside and stress. I know that's when I want to eat so I've learned to just say what I feel,good or bad. It's much healthier!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 446 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 364 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 278 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 208 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?