What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

mschwab
on 6/23/16 9:34 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Good morning everyone.  It is chilly any rainy here in Portland today, and I am freezing what is left of my ass off.  The weather is supposed to turn back to summer tomorrow, but I am cold today!  Kristin, congrats to your boy on making honors.  That is so amazing.  You've got an athlete scholar on your hands.  You deserve to be a proud mama.

QOTD:  I LOVE make up and am one of those people that rarely leaves the house without it.  My idea of going without make up is not wearing eye shadow.  My favorite products are Smashbox mineral powder, Smashbox contour powder and Dior Show mascara.  I also love MAC long wear lips colors, but they are being discontinued and I am heart broken.  I hate when my favorite cosmetics are discontinued.  I think they do it just to bug me.  I am also loving the new lip trend of matte color.  I've given up all of my glosses and switched over to matte.  Clearly I have a problem. 

Today is my Friday.  I am taking tomorrow off to get some stuff done at home.  My friend is having a party on Saturday to celebrate graduation.  She just got her Executive MBA, so we are gonna celebrate!  I am helping with the food, so I need to do some shopping and prep.  I also have a care conference today at the rehab center for my Dad, so I should get a pretty good idea of where he is in his therapy.

Time Since Surgery:  19 months

B:  Egg Beaters, mozzarella and bacon omelette

S:  Pepperoni Stick

L:  4 oz chicken breast

S:  4 oz seared scallops

D:  4 oz rib eye steak

Totals:  Calories 773, Carbs 3 (Taa Daa!), Protein 90

Didya see that?  3 Carbs!  Now let's see if I can bring that home.  Have a great day.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

AngryViking
on 6/23/16 9:39 am, edited 6/23/16 2:39 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Well, look at you with the expensive cosmetics.  You think you fancy, huh?   

***  I'm just jealous.   LMAO

ETA:  I just noticed your carb count.  I bow down. 

mschwab
on 6/23/16 9:48 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Believe me when I say that no one has ever accused me of being low maintenance, and I spend WAAYYY too much on cosmetics.  I have no kids, so it is all about me, me, ME!  You should see my bag closet.  It is the stuff of legend.  Sigh...  Sad material girl.  

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Queen JB
on 6/23/16 9:50 am
RNY on 07/20/15

You are my Spirit Animal.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

AngryViking
on 6/23/16 10:11 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I am LMAO because I was thinking exactly the same thing.  HA!

The Salty Hag
on 6/23/16 2:34 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Bag closet? 

I sat up straight, perked up my ears, and whispered "Bag closet! Ooh!!" 

Not even kidding. 

I love, love, LOVE anything purse and purse related. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Queen JB
on 6/23/16 9:48 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hi All, who among us could have guessed that my days would be busier without teachers and students around? Oy. So many meetings!

I'm feeling good about my "back on track" week. I'd been bad about tracking in MFP until the end of the day instead of planning it out at the start. What do you know? ...it's working! This maintenance thing is hard.

B: Fit Frappe Mocha with a 1/2 extra scoop of chocolate Unjury.

S: 1/4 c almonds

L: Oikos Triple Zero (Vanilla) with a 1/2 scoop of Chocolate Mint Syntrax powder mixed in

S: cheese stick 

D: Ah I don't know?! I was planning to have turkey and Brie at home, but plans changed and I'm going out with co-workers tonight at a bowling/flatbread place. Hmm, had not counted on this...I promise not to eat flatbread or drink wine, but I have no idea what I'll do instead.

QOTD: I own like one of every make up product ever made. I love Sephora--it's like my own version of Wonka Land! But for drug store stuff, I like Almay. Clinique and Shiseido are great brands, too.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

mschwab
on 6/23/16 10:48 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Clinique Advanced Concealer.  Best. Stuff. Ever!  I heart Sephora so much!  I can spend all day wandering the store, and playing with all the great stuff.  I am obsessed lately with their perfume bar and the little roller ball vials.  I need help.

NYMom222
on 6/24/16 9:26 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

DO you know I have never shopped in Sephora because I'm afraid to get hooked...LOL. My niece works in one, and I walked in one time looking for her...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

monkam
on 6/23/16 11:31 am
RNY on 02/16/15

Great Job, Michael!! Hope he feels like his hard work was worth it.  Allergies are worse this year than ever - I'm always rubbing my eyes by evening and looking a little Tammy-Faye-ish.  Speaking of MASCARA, I like the cover girl one that Queen Latifah did ads for bragging no Clumps - for real.  And sometimes there is a $3.00 off coupon in Sunday paper. And I have found it in brown which looks more natural than the dark black on me. 

Also, have not seen anyone mention "It! Cosmetics" yet.  I think they are doing "infomercials" now, but I first saw it on QVC. It is also at ULTA. On QVC, the creator takes off all her makeup to reveal serious rosacea. Then uses her stuff and it's gone. I first bought something called  BYE BYE Redness.  I thought it might be a TV trick, but it is Not. I don't know what makes this lady's cosmetics so awesome, but when she says they will not crease, it is true.  This bye-bye red covers blemishes and redness around nose and I use on the under-eye area and my brown age spots on cheeks.  It is AH-MAZING.  It's $30-something for a little jar + brush, but I really don't use much each day, it lasts well, totally worth it.  The texture of it is just incredible.  So then I bought the compact of Celebration Foundation powder. It came with an AWESOME brush (even though the compact has a little applicator foam pad in it, too). Coverage is amazing & light... even in these 90-degrees, it doesn't feel like you are wearing foundation.  Again, the texture - I don't know how she does it -- it feels great. Also tried a trio of eyeshadow with plum. Came with another awesome brush. I want to try her blush next.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 446 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 364 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 278 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 208 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?