What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 6/23/16 7:43 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Wow, well done Kakesie's daughter!!

*runs off to find this double duty Burt's Bees lip balm...

Kakesie
on 6/23/16 8:00 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Thanks, Kristen! 

Daisydoo02
on 6/23/16 7:46 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Congrats AV for having a totally awesome Honours kiddo!!! Congrats to Michael, hope you celebrate in some way FUN!

Allergies are OFF THE CHARTS THIS YEAR!  Don't get me started on how bad they are. Everyone I talk to how has mild allergies are suffering terribly, and family/friends who don't even have allergies now have them bad this year.  Even my poor dogs have got horrible allergies. Something is out there my friends and its not good!! My daily allergy pill barely helps and when I go out for a run outdoors (versus the gym) its a 1000 times worse!!

QOTD: For my work week I generally wear blush & lipstick and also am quite addicted to lip balm  I love mascara but only wear it when I want to spice things up, with the allergies this year and me rubbing my eyes so much I don't really wear it much. But I saw this on sale at Walmart a few weeks ago and it is the BOMB!  Maybelline "Falsies" mascara, highly recommend it!  And new to me (but its not new) is the Mission 1 Protein Bars in Chocolate Brownie.  I find they are super filing and I can usually only eat 1/2 at a time, or one whole one take me so long to eat, and they help satisfy my "chocolate" craving LOL.  I get them at Walmart as well and highly recommend them, it was Karenp8 who turned me on to them after she posted how good they are.

Time since surgery: 2 years & 7 months

B: tuna & balsamic over salad greens

L: grilled tandoori chicken skewer with hot sauce 

S: mission 1 protein bar

D: grilled salmon filet with balsamic dressing

S: 4 slices of grilled turkey kielbasa and Smart Pop 100 calorie popcorn bag

TOTALS: 868 calories, 118 protein, 24 carbs, 36 fat

E: Errands on lunch, 5k run after work, then hike the dogs after dinner

V/W: vits are done, calcium on alarms, 2 coffees done, lots of tea & ice water with fresh lime wedge

Happy Almost Weekend Gang!!

Oh AV, QUESTION!  Can we have a Theme Photo Friday for Friday July 29th???? What do you all think?  Theme will be a pic of you wearing your fav sports team paraphernalia, so baseball hat, giant foam finger, a Jersey, socks, earrings, hoodie, tshirt etc etc

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

AngryViking
on 6/23/16 7:56 am
RNY on 07/17/14

OK, so now I need this mascara, too.  I heart mascara.  LOL  And hell to the yes for July Theme Photo Friday!  I love it!!!  Mark your calendars everyone!!  Super Fan Photo Friday Cometh!!

Dee6504
on 6/23/16 7:49 am, edited 6/23/16 12:51 am
RNY on 12/17/15 with

Yay for Honors. I had my 6 month appointment yesterday and things weren't too bad given my complete disreagrd for vitamins over the last three months, but I've gotten some new recommendations and will start those again, but other than that my NP was happy with my progress. We discussed a goal of 145 and plastics she said everything sounds reasonable and I was super excited to learn the Dr. Michaels has an office in their building and he is there on Wednesdays now which makes me very happy. I will probably try to push my goal a little further but I have so much excess stomach skin from three emergency stomach surgeries that I think I won't get down to where I want to be before surgery and we were both on the same page about that so I'm pretty happy. And bonus my NUT didn't even give me a hard time this visit.

I don't wear make-up anymore. I think I revolted after college when sorority life kind of demanded being put together anytime we were on campus. So now it's really only special occasions, and that sucks because I usually end up buying new make-up everytime because whatever I had before gets old and gross.

Time since surgery:  6 months editing to actually change the food)

B:  Double Scoop Shake

S:  Shrimp and ****tail Sauce

L:  Leftover Chicken Enchilada filling and refried beans

D:  Leftover Pork Stir-Fry

TOTALS:  Cals: 603  Protein:  83  Carbs:  43  Fat:  7

Looks like I may need my third shake today, my totals are a little on the low side.

H/W 260, S/W 237, CW 140.4

AngryViking
on 6/23/16 7:58 am
RNY on 07/17/14

As soon as I read "complete disregard for vitamins" I looked down to see I still had my multis/iron/D3 sitting on my desk.  I SUCK at taking my vitamins, so thanks for the reminder!

Daisydoo02
on 6/23/16 8:29 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hey gang, for the newbies or anyone who struggles with getting vitamins in, here is what I do, this might help by seeing the visual.

In the picture is my Sun-Sat vitamin & calcium chew pill carrier.  Think I got this at Walmart.  It is my BFF and it goes everywhere with me, I put in my lunch bag for my work week and on weekends it goes in my purse.  Sunday nights when I am making my lunch for the next day I do the pills for the week and viola its done 

5am - I take my Iron pill (Proferrin - not in the picture, its sits on my beside table with a glass of water

7am - Two Centrum "Select 50" chewables (pink pills) + Vit D, + Chewable B12 (on Monday/Wed/Fri only) + Zinc (not bariatric related) & a daily Allergy pill (not bariatric related)

• set iPhone alarm for 2.5 hours later

930am - One 500 mg Bariatric Advantage Caramel Calcium Chew

12noon - One 500 mg Bariatric Advantage Caramel Calcium Chew

2:30pm - One 500 mg Bariatric Advantage Caramel Calcium Chew

7pm - Second Iron Pill (anytime after dinner when I have a glass of ice water I take this second Iron pill)

Hope this helps! 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

AngryViking
on 6/23/16 9:23 am, edited 6/23/16 3:01 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I think this is great!  However, my morning dose of vitamins was literally sitting out in front of me on a napkin for 3 hours before I managed to take them.  Like I said, I suck.  If I had your handy dandy organizer, it would just live in my purse or lunch bag and never see the light of day.  I need someone to strong arm me 4 times a day.  HA!

Dee6504
on 6/23/16 10:19 am
RNY on 12/17/15 with

I'm with AV, I had my vits in a container like yours in my purse for three weeks before I cracked it open to take a dose. I'm just terrible. But part of it was the shewables, not a fan and they said I can move to all pills so that made me happy now lets see I progress from there. 

H/W 260, S/W 237, CW 140.4

NYMom222
on 6/24/16 9:21 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Love Dr. Michaels!! I have been to his Wednesday office in Virginia. :) You are lucky to have him so close. I have no regrets traveling from NY to use him. He is the best!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 360 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 275 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 404 views