What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Grim_Traveller
on 6/20/16 8:52 am
RNY on 08/21/12
On June 20, 2016 at 2:19 PM Pacific Time, supershopper wrote:

confession: I've never seen/read harry potter

I did when my daughter was younger, and really into it. But not since.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Ginnny
on 6/20/16 11:01 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Me either, hubby tried to get me to watch, but I just couldn't!

peachpie
on 6/20/16 4:16 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I was feverishly reading this thread looking to see if I was the only one that never read/saw Harry Potter. Whew....

nor have I seen anything narnia, lord of the rings... Even Charlie and the chocolate factory is sketchy for me. 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

NYMom222
on 6/20/16 5:25 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

add me to the list!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

NYMom222
on 6/20/16 5:28 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Add me to the list

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

danie11e
on 6/20/16 7:46 am

Good Morning!

Things have been so crazy busy lately, I'm hoping to get back into my regular routine - including posting on here! After 4 weekends out-of-town in a row, it was nice to finally be home. We had two parties to attend and Father's Day to celebrate, but it was just nice to be home.

QOTD: not sure what fictional place I would visit; I'm not a big reader. I does sometimes it bums me out that characters don't really exist. I loved the "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" books, and was so sad when the series was over.

Time Since Surgery: 15 months

B: Turkey & Egg White Flatbread
S: 6 Shrimp
L: Tuna Salad & Cheese Crisps
S: Sliced Tomato & Mozzarella
D: Turkey Spaghetti Sauce over Bamboo Shoots, Cottage Cheese
S: Beef Stick, Cheese Stick

Cal: 990 Protein: 88 Carb: 30 Fat: 54

RNY 03/02/2015

I'm worth it!

RNY_elizabeth
on 6/20/16 7:56 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

The weekend was a blur. Thursday mammogram of doom and then driving to OKC (6 1/2 hours****il 1:30am. Up early Friday where my 15 year old and I taught at the OKC transgender conference I mentioned last week.  OMG He was AMAZING! We taught two sessions together and then he gave the plenary speech to a gathering of 100+ mental health professionals. He was amazing.  He spoke like he was a pro. My face was sore from smiling so much.  Soooo proud of him. Then my SO and I taught at a relationship intensive in Dallas all day Friday and Saturday. Exhausting.

Now I'm back to work and reality.  My mammogram went badly on Thursday.  I am scheduled for a biopsy Wednesday. It doesn't look horrible but chances are that it is DCIS cancer. Doctor says highly treatable if it is. Now for the wait wait wait and try not to lose my mind. My iron is still "dangerously low" per my RNY doc but I have yet to here from the Oncologist who I supposed to be getting scheduled in with ASAP. I called my doc this morning and am waiting for a call back to see what's up with that.  I suspect they decided to just wait until the biopsy results are in but geez I would love an iron infusion right about now.  Soooooo tired feeling.

On a brighter note, I reached my goal this weekend. I am now 149, 1 pound under goal. I actually am starting to worry that I need to stop losing especially if I am going to be facing the big "C".  Figures I do all of this to get healthy and now might be facing the gauntlet of cancer treatment. I am a lucky girl!

Actually, I have to say I am in fact lucky.  The RNY doc even pointed out that without the weight loss I would not likely have noticed the lump.  RNY may just save my life a second time. Count my blessings.

QOTD: Pern. Obviously.  I totally want to be a Dragonrider of Pern. Who wouldn't??? 

Menu: 

B: Chobani Simply 100 Crunch

L: Deli turkey and 2 slices low fat cheddar 

S: Grapes and/or Greek yogurt

D: Taco meat with lettuce and tomato

Hope you are all having a great day,

~Elizabeth the Luckiest Dragonrider of Pern

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Grim_Traveller
on 6/20/16 8:57 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I'm glad the conference went so well. That's great.

I'm sorry about the mammogram though. I'll swing a chicken that you make it through all this ok. Keep us posted, please.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

stacyrg
on 6/20/16 9:15 am
VSG on 05/12/14

The weekend with the 15 year old sounds amazing.  He's quite poised to speak to a gathering like that.  

So sorry to hear about the mammogram, but I'm sure you will attack the problem head on  You'll be in my thoughts.

karenp8
on 6/20/16 9:16 am - Brighton, IL

You have the best attitude Elizabeth so I am sure whatever the biopsy shows,you will come through with flying colors. And your doctor is right about your surgery saving you again. So thankful that the lump was found when it was! I'll be praying for your biopsy results,wisdom for your doc,and most of all--peace for you. Isn't it great to see our kids do amazing things. My youngest has epilepsy,was teased in school and was very shy,almost painfully so. When he went away to college he just blossomed. He find his true interests and did internships at Lincolnshire New Salem here in Illinois anamed historically correct reproduction of the village where Lincoln lived as a young man. He learned to blacksmith a bit, make barrels,and best of all become comfortable speaking to all types of people. He went on to win first place his junior year at the Illinois Academy of Sciences for his oral presentation of his research work with endangered plants. I think we both can be very proud we raised AMAZING young sons! We are both lucky,maybe blessed is more accurate,indeed!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 432 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 162 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?