What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

G2GAWAY
on 6/17/16 10:17 am
RNY on 05/16/15

I agree with Daisy....I don't know how you are surviving without your phone.  I couldn't function without it.  It is my computer, calendar, phone book, connection to the world.  While it seems like sports activities, etc. overwhelm your life with kids, you will (kind of) miss it when it is over, so enjoy it while you can.  What a cool gift basket you put together. 

My first concert was Journey in the summer of 1979 (Thin Lizzy opened for them).  I just googled their concert history and apparently it was the Evolution tour at the Long Beach Arena. I would have just finished my junior year of high school.  I have been to many concerts since.  I remember one day long "Hawaiian jam" with Blue Oyster Cult, Boston, and REO Speedwagon probably in 1981....those were the days.  My concerts now tend to be less focused on rock and more focused on country music.  Sugarland was one of our favorite shows.  This picture is from Wango Tango in 2014.  This is an all-day music fest with all kinds of artists.  Maroon 5, One Republic, Shakira, Ed Sheeran, and Ariana Grande were just a few of the performers.  As heavy as I was, I stood up (because that is what everyone does) for almost 9 hours.  That sure would be a lot easier to do now.

My more local daughter is coming home tonight so we can celebrate Father's Day with my hubby tomorrow since I have to fly to Oakland on Sunday for training on Monday and Tuesday.  The last flight out is at 5 pm.  I hate giving up my weekend afternoon for work.  The other daughter got a pass since we just saw her two weekends ago.  My Dad lives in Oregon now so I don't get to see him and he just started dialysis, so that makes me worry. My other picture is one that showed up in my facebook memories from 4 years ago when I went up there to visit and help him after his wife passed away.

Have a great weekend everyone.

B:  Premier Protein

L:  Grilled Shrimp, vegies, salad

D:  Up in the air-dinner with daughter somewhere-protein focused

S:  Laughing cow cheese, 6 saltines

Let us know how the scampi and zoodles works out.  Share the recipe if it is good!

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

AngryViking
on 6/17/16 11:30 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Great pictures!  And re: my phone, it's a flip phone.  LMAO  It has no technological capabilities, just a crappy camera.  A fancy phone would be wasted on me, anyway, because I never have it charged and half the time if I do remember to charge it, I leave it sitting there on the counter. 

Capogirl
on 6/17/16 11:42 am

I had a flip phone until last year, I told my dh I was not going into the hospital without a decent phone and I damn well needed an upgrade from my crappy phone.  I don't know how I ever got along without my Iphone.  

mschwab
on 6/17/16 1:49 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

I don't even know what to day to you.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Kakesie
on 6/17/16 10:47 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Happy Friday Everyone!

QOTD:  My first concert was The Carpenters.  I think I was 12 or 13 years old.  Karen Carpenter was sick and had to cut the concert short because of a sore throat, but it was still a great concert.

Yesterday I ate:  a protein shake, a muscletech mission 1 protein bar, a weigh****cher's meal, 2 string cheese sticks, Mr. Cheese O's, and a Power Bar protein bar.  Today will probably be similar.

It was over 100 degrees outside yesterday so we didn't take the dogs for a walk.  It's supposed to be that hot again today.  Yuk!

Have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend everyone!

~ Karen 

The Salty Hag
on 6/17/16 11:54 am, edited 6/17/16 4:56 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Not normally a menu poster, but I figure this will keep me on track. I've done well lately, ( the threat of RH will do that ) and don't want to lose momentum.

B: coffee with Splenda and half & half , Dannon L&F Cherry Chocolate & half a protein bar ( ANSI choc truffle )

L: boiled egg, Bumble Bee tuna pouch-lemon pepper each with 1/2 TBSP mayo

S: Babybel cheese, Frigo cheese stick, 1 oz Marcona Almonds for crunch

D: 3oz grilled pork tenderloin, maybe 2 tomato slices

Totals : 1,009 cals, 81 g protein, 42 g carbs, 57 g fat

Weekend plans: nothing...not a damn thing. I'm okay with that.

QOTD: My first concert was George Strait. I was 15, and going through my country music phase. Before that, I had been a Heavy Metal Hag.

I never got to see any metal/hard rock bands as a teen, but have made up for it in the last four years. Hubby has taken me to see most of the bands I loved back then. Concerts are SO much easier to attend without an extra 140 lbs on my frame. This was taken last year. 

Hope this posts correctly...I'm especially techno-stupid today.

Edited due to dorkiness. :)

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

robinreinhardt
on 6/17/16 3:54 pm

Hi AV,

My first concert was Jimmy Hendrix in the 8th grade. Go figure that one out.

Love your story about Pop

Time since RNY 18 months

B coffee chicken nuts

L chicken

D coffee and more chicken

V/E on track woo hoo

Have a great week end OH friends

Oh and yes my DH wants to ride the Harley sunday. Kids all wanted to go to breakfast but he wants to ride. Woo hoo 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 432 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 394 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 161 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?