What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Pokemom
on 6/16/16 11:28 am
RNY on 12/29/14

Hi everyone!  I am still alive and down another pound in spite of some bad food choices the past few weeks.  Have not posted (obviously) on this thread for a few weeks.  So much craziness here.  Always a lot of craziness in everyone's lives, I know.  It seems like with the past month, it is quite late in the day before I get a slow minute to post, and then of course it seems like "why post?  It is the end of the day!"

I think I need to post anyway, even if I am the very last person to post each day.

QOTD:  Kayaking.  I love it.  I am sad about this today, though, because we discovered last night that we may not be able to go to our normal mountain lake vacation--every year we get a week at a family-owned condo on the shores of a beautiful mountain lake.  We were planning to leave this Saturday, and someone called us that the place is being remodeled, and that is behind schedule.  It is a much more detailed story than this, including a lot of extended family dynamics.  I am really really sad about this, because when I am there, I get to kayak every single day in one of the most peaceful spots on earth.  I really needed this vacation, and our kids' summer schedules were all organized around having this week available, and we were taking friends, who changed their own schedules--and changed some community things they were in charge of--to go with us next week.  Sad and angry today.

It is my husband's extended family, and he is trying to work something out.  I don't know whether to be hopeful or not.

Food plan for today, acknowledging having eaten an Oreo already.  Stress is no excuse.  Husband's grocery shopping no excuse.  But there you have it.

Breakfast:  lots of Crio Bru (that is my coffee substitute) and 2 Tbs. trail mix (see, bad choices abound today!)

Lunch:  Yogurt with Strawberry Rhubarb jam

Dinner:  Chicken breast and asparagus

Snack:  blue cheese and parmesan crisps

Good news--allow me to do some bragging for a bit:  18 son graduated from high school.  It was such a happy day to see him and his friends who we have seen grow up together since elementary school, standing there together as we and other parents of this group took photos--every one of them graduated with honors, and we have been so pleased that he has had such a supportive group of peers as a teen.  We will miss seeing them in our home.  He was accepted into the university he hoped for, and is planning on mechanical engineering.  He spent a week helping with a large camp, leading some groups of teens down some slot canyons in the Utah national parks.  He is currently on a US history bus tour.  When he gets back, it will be time to help him get all the things he needs for a religious service mission to Korea.  He leaves in August.  He also has some work projects and his summer food service business trying to save more money for his mission and college.  We adore this young man.  I think I have said it before--we nearly lost him when he was a little boy to a serious accident.  Every day he has been in our home has been a gift.

G2GAWAY
on 6/16/16 10:47 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

I hope things work out for your trip. Sounds like a great time with graduation and all the things ahead. This transition is tough as they grow up and spread their wings. After the kids went to college we missed all of the kids hanging around, back to school nights, and all of those sporting events and activities with the kids.  Eventually you get used to it and just spend your time together differently.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

AngryViking
on 6/16/16 11:29 am
RNY on 07/17/14

OK, there are far too many of you who enjoy camping.  LOL  I don't understand the appeal.

Deanna798
on 6/16/16 12:27 pm, edited 6/16/16 5:28 am
RNY on 08/04/15

And these are the days that are a problem.  I've eaten everything on my plan except for my burger for dinner.  It's 3:30 and I'm ravenous.  I'm drinking tea, but it's not helping.

I've also taken my ppi today,  so don't think it's acid.  I've eaten 543 calories and I'M SO HUNGRY!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

NYMom222
on 6/16/16 1:28 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

There are 'big' pouch days and 'little' pouch days... I always had a range of calories, even when losing... Only you know, but to me better to add a good choice if having a hungry day then go off the rails at some point because you were white-knuckling it. Just what worked for me. Preferred choice of course: dense protein

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Deanna798
on 6/16/16 1:36 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

Only good thing is that I'm at work and don't bring extra food here. I have zero options to be bad, I'm too lazy to even consider stopping to pick something up on the way home, so as long as I can keep control before dinner at home I'm fine.  I think I'll survive another day. 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

(deactivated member)
on 6/16/16 2:14 pm

breakfast - one slice well done organic Applewood smoked bacon - fresh corn pudding made with fat free milk cornstarch and butter buds

lunch- grazed the garden- radish sprouts , napa cabbage/scallion / ginger  dumplings a couple of Korean barbecue pork ribs ( small)

dinner - English muffin with Morello cherry jam

tea

Emiepie
on 6/16/16 4:31 pm, edited 6/16/16 10:02 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Ok, so my husband showed me that these existed. I don't know if these would be really good or REALLY BAD... I'll have to take someone else's word for it....

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

life_mirrors_art
on 6/16/16 5:28 pm - Canada

Late posting, but wanted to answer the QOTD. I love summertime day trips to explore places off the beaten track: small town bookstores and antique sales, beach cafes and galleries, and later in the summer, studio tours. Hanging out at sidewalk cafes for long leisurely lunches with friends is a close second.

Happy to be home: all the freeway construction makes for a really long drive. The dogs are happy to be back too. :)

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 431 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 340 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 154 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views