What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Talkingmountain
on 6/15/16 11:35 am
RNY on 12/28/15

Has your dr tried prescribing diclofenac gel?  It's topical and worked wonders for my joint inflammation.

Ht 5'6" | HW 278 | SW 264, Size 28+/4-5X | GW 135ish, Size 10-12 | CW 132, Size 8-10
Surg Date 12/28/15 | NSV Goal: Go down slide w/kid! 

Talkingmountain
on 6/15/16 11:35 am
RNY on 12/28/15

Has your dr tried prescribing diclofenac gel?  It's topical and worked wonders for my joint inflammation.  (I think the brand name is Voltaren).

Ht 5'6" | HW 278 | SW 264, Size 28+/4-5X | GW 135ish, Size 10-12 | CW 132, Size 8-10
Surg Date 12/28/15 | NSV Goal: Go down slide w/kid! 

Capogirl
on 6/15/16 12:10 pm

No, they have prescribed nothing. I will ask about it though.  Thank you.

Deanna798
on 6/15/16 6:58 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Good morning AV. I wish shark week would hurry up and arrive, since I'm feeling completely hormonal and out there. And my hubby's best friends wife chose last night to get all passive aggressive snarky with me on a post about how sugar is bad for you. I swear, it took everything in me not to go nuclear on her ass. We're supposed to go visit them next month in Georgia, and I'm seriously starting to reconsider. I'll need to wait until my hubby is home to discuss with him, and maybe until I cool down a bit. I just don't know if I want to deal with a morbidly obese woman who drinks a 2 liter of Mountain Dew a day to make my life miserable when I'm on vacation. Wondering if I'm overreacting. She did use the phrase "high and mighty people who think they know it all", then came back and said she never said that I was high and might. I'm 10 months post op and have been very vocal about my journey and this was the very first time anyone has had anything negative to say to me and it just chaps my ass.  I've let it drop, which is the smart thing to do... 

So, the QOTD: I don't really have one. I mean, I usually eat a light and fit Greek everyday, but when I'm at home I don't usually eat it as a snack. I find that on the weekends, I don't snack as often as I do during the week. I honestly don't have anything that I consider my go to "snack". I do eat pretty much the same thing every morning, though this morning I didn't.

I finsihed the shawl I was making for my mother in law last night, and this morning decided to start another one for my sis in law, so I got distracted and was running late. I ended up not having time to make my breakfast, and didn't pack a lunch! OMG, I feel so un-prepared. So this morning I ordered a breakfast burrito from Tim Horton's (sans hash browns) and gave half of it to my coworker.

10 months 11 days since surgery

B: 1/2 a Breakfast Wrap without hash browns from Tim Hortons and a coffee with cream and splenda

L: Small chefs salad from the local Coney Island restaurant with Avocado Cilantro Dressing (good thing I forgot to take my bottle home on Monday, hehe)

D: Boneless chicken breast. I have a final meeting with my kids Spanish Class, they will be serving pizza, so I will be bringing my own food.

S: A light and fit Greek yogurt that I threw in my purse on the way out the door.

Totals (this is a rough draft and may be changed)

Calories 733 Protein 64 (low) Carbs 42 fat 36

My 16 year old leaves for Ecuador in 5 days. I was completely fine with that, because it didn't really seem real, but now I'm starting to get nervous. I trust his teacher and the program they are going through, but I guess it's just the mom in me that's now freaking out about my teenager leaving the country.

Have I ever mentioned that I hate my hubby travelling? LOL

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

The Salty Hag
on 6/15/16 7:16 am, edited 6/15/16 12:17 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Where in GA? If it's close to Greenville, SC I'll rescue you from having to spend time with Witchy Poo. I saw that exchange and she was just a spiteful c u next Tuesday toward you. 

My ex's best friend's wife was the same way. I hated spending time with her, but the men were in the throes of bromance, so there was a lot of time spent trying to not smack her upside her head. 

Edited for clarity

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

RNY_elizabeth
on 6/15/16 7:20 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Hahahah... c u next Tuesday

Oh my goodness. I love that.

Made me laugh.  Thank you!

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Queen JB
on 6/15/16 8:51 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Oh it's all hilarious until a middle schooler tells you she'll "see you next Tuesday"...then not so funny. They are always like, "Whaaat? I didn't know it meant something bad! I was just saying..." Ugh, middle schoolers!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Deanna798
on 6/15/16 7:38 am
RNY on 08/04/15

They're in Glennville, which is an hour south of Savannah I think.  We plan on hitting up Savannah, and maybe going up to Hilton Head.  I've never been in the area, but I'm stopping for a day or two in Charlotte on my way down, so maybe we can get together at some point.  My hubby is driving with the 16 year old and the 2.5 year old so pit stops are a must.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

The Salty Hag
on 6/15/16 8:56 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I'd love to. Sounds like a plan! 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Deanna798
on 6/15/16 8:34 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I will say that my hubby and hers have been friends since grade school.  they were best men in each others weddings and his wife actually stood in ours as well.  I'm not totally surprised at her response, since this is definitely in her nature, I was just hoping she'd just keep her mouth shut and silently stew about it.  No such luck, lol.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 432 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 394 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 161 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?