What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

NYMom222
on 6/15/16 8:32 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I went to Tim Hortons for breakfast this morning, it was near the hotel I stayed at... Only the second time I've been in one ever. They were having a 2/$4 breakfast sandwich special... I asked for the sausage, egg, cheese, no bread and to put the cheese between the egg and sausage. It was good... Don't know why I order 2 because I'm sick and they were 2 for $4... if it's a sale you gotta buy the sale, right? Only took like one bite of the second one and threw it out.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Deanna798
on 6/16/16 3:43 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Their turkey sausage is yummy,  and they have an egg white patty that is good.  

But what I really love is their coffee. Though I think they put crack in their cream,  it's so addictive.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Daisydoo02
on 6/15/16 7:28 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Morning!  Gotta love random energetic days and I love Matt's epic grocery scores for you!  I am dragging my butt today, at the end of my day yesterday it turned into a nightmare of epic portions (issues at work and got some personal bad news) and had a very crappy long long day yesterday, got to bed really late and woke up at 3am with the worlds worst left leg cramp in my left calf.  I actually jumped out of bed and was holding my cramped calf muscle hopping around in the dark saying "**** **** **** ****"!!! Poor hubby, I think he thought we were being robbed or something cuz it set the dogs off as well and they started barking. Once it stopped I went back to sleep only to be woken up maybe 10-15 mins later with the exact same thing.  My left calf is literally sore today like I got kicked really hard and I am actually limping.  Gee whiz!! I am pretty sure its cuz of my long day yesterday and I think I am dehydrated and low on food.  I stepped on the scale this morning and lost 3 lbs from yesterday, yup no food and no water will do that I guess. So today's mission is eat proper, drink proper!!! Smarten up Daisy!!!

QOTD: shrimp & ****tail sauce, sometimes I just grab 3 or 4 shrimp and that is a perfect snack.  Kielbasa is another go to. And my new fav Mission 1 Protien bars the chocolate brownie, I can only eat 1/2 at time so its great for an AM snack and PM snack.  I love cheese sticks but I have to have them cold, so I won't take them in my purse or anything like that.  KIND bars work in a pinch too.

Menu is the exact same as yesterday.... totally boring but it works.  B & L is tuna with balsamic AM snack & afternoon snack is 1/2 protein bar, D is turkey burger & cranberry goat cheese, evening snack is kielbasa on the bbq 

Totals: 923 calories, 135 protein, 32 carbs, 36 fat

V/W: vits are done, calcium on alarms, HAVE to UP THE WATER today so coffee/tea & MORE water with splash of SF cranberry juice

E: going for a walk on lunch with my BFF, when I get home from work will hike the dogs

Be awesome today my friends we are almost at the weekend!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

AngryViking
on 6/15/16 7:34 am
RNY on 07/17/14

KIELBASA!  I haven't had that in ages and now it's on my grocery list.  Woo!

Damn, girl, I'm sorry about the leg cramps.  They super suck.  I think it was Cyndy who mentioned that the low sodium V8 has crazy good potassium levels and that when she gets cramps she'll a drink one of those for a few days.  That may help...

Daisydoo02
on 6/15/16 7:41 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I am half Polish (on Dad's side) Kielbasa is in my blood I think, it was a staple in our house growing up.

My fav thing now is I take the piece of kielbasa and cut off four slices, turn the bbq on, put the slices on the bbq for a minute or two per side on med-high heat and its crispy and delicious and filing.  

I am not really a big fan of V8 juice, that's too bad cuz I need some help with the leg cramp thing.  I just went to stretch my legs out under my desk and my left calf gave me a twinge, its not happy.   I am going to email the NP from my WLS centre she what she says.

Capogirl
on 6/15/16 12:15 pm

Girl you need some potassium quick.  I know they are high in sugar, but maybe a banana would help. 

MaryEllen OntheEastCoast
on 6/15/16 7:58 am - CT

If you can find the Kayem brand Kielbasa I urge you to try it.  Most delicious kielbasa I have ever eaten.

Queen JB
on 6/15/16 8:54 am
RNY on 07/20/15

You know I'm sending lotsa love

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Emiepie
on 6/15/16 10:17 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hi Daisy, sorry to hear you had a rough day yesterday and the leg cramp too!! Is your potassium maybe a little low? When I get cramps like that I try and add a banana here and there, and often times they are worse when it gets closer to shark week. Hope your day is better today.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

cheapskate
on 6/15/16 7:52 am
RNY on 03/30/15

QOTD my go to snack is Ostrich beef sticks. 80 calories with 14 grams of protein. I buy them by the box at GNC

Finally, finally someone listened to me!!! I went to my bariatric psych yesterday and was crying because I am in so much pain. I can't get anyone to listen to me. Everyone keeps saying they can't help me and pushing me off on someone else. Last night I had to sleep with a freezer pack on my back and a pillow between my knees. By the time I left I had a referral to a bariatric internist and a nutritionist so I am hoping we can work it out. 

I have no idea what I will eat today, definitely a shake.... After that??? We are going out tonight at work and I get steamed chicken 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 435 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 166 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?