What is on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 6/10/16 7:37 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Thanks again for getting us started Cynthia, you are fantastic at this!!! Thinking of you AV!!!

You look great Cynthia, I love that your scale is on the floor behind you!!  Dinner last night with you "other sons" lol sounds wonderful, a nice treat for you and the boys I am sure.  And sorry you felt unwell from your dinner, its true that we still discover things about ourselves and what agree's or disagree's with us.  I find that I can make a certain food at home and it sits fine but that same food made in a restaurant can give me a bad reaction.  I do like to limit my restaurant food for that very reason (and it helps save money LOL).

My & hubby's allergies just this week have hit a new level of horrible.  I take a daily Allergy pill but its so bad this year, the sneezing and itchy eyes and runny nose it driving me crazy. We all seem to be suffering worse this year.

yesterday you asked about websites and I had one but it was on my home laptop, so I wrote it down so I could tell you guys its called "Uncommongoods". Its is really different, unique and you can customize gifts.  I really like it!!!  here is the link: http://www.uncommongoods.com/

QOTD: Not any new lessons per se but what I have learned (and this is something personal for me) is that you can't get lax about this whole WLS journey. You can't bend the rules, you can't let your guard down with what was/is your "trigger" foods, you have to be ready to deal with head hunger and a total mental clean out of what we "previously" did in regards to eating.  Cake and all things sweet & sugary were my downfall pre surgery, do I still want cake and sweet stuff, YES, do I eat it, NO its a slippery slope for me and I can't go there.

Part 2: hubby is in a baseball tournament the whole weekend. Now the weather is calling for hot, muggy, thunderstorms here on Saturday so not sure how many games he will get in so I am just going to run some errands and hang with the dogs.  Sunday its supposed to be nice here so will go with the dogs and watch some games.  Tonight is hike the dogs when I get home, then going grocery shopping and then hubby and I are going to our favourite local diner, I will get an open face cheeseburger I think.

Cynthia I see your after dinner snack is PB on a spoon, I loved PB pre surgery but not it does not agree with me now post surgery, bummer eh?!  And your dinner sounds yummy, I love Brie!!!!

B: eggs & turkey kielbasa

S: 1/2 Mission 1 protein bar

L: Greek souvlaki chicken skewer & a bit of Greek salad

S: other 1/2 Mission 1 protein bar

D: open face cheeseburger (no bun) with extra pickles (I love pickles)

S: shrimp & ****tail sauce

Totals: 989 calories, 132 protein, 39 carbs, 42 fat

V/W: vits done, calcium on alarms, lots of coffee/tea/water with a splash of SF cranberry juice

E: errands on lunch (need to buy shrimp!) hike the dogs when I get home, walking around the grocery store ha ha ha

No dress/skirt, its still cold here!! So here is pic of me in shorts (which are short like a dress LOL) from Florida when we were there in April. I just loved this tree with all the pink flowers on it, made hubby take a pic of me

Have a wicked awesome weekend everyone!!!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

karenp8
on 6/10/16 7:47 am - Brighton, IL

No peanut butter! Luckily I can still enjoy peanut butter now. I have 1 tablespoon every morning  on my oats. Yum! And I agree totally on the trigger foods. Sweets were my downfall so I even avoid no sugar added versions of them too. Just too close for comfort. The internal fat girl would still love to grab three Payday bars and eat them all at once in the car!

stacyrg
on 6/10/16 9:37 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I'm sooo afraid of the food issues with my revision surgery.  I have ZERO food issues now . . . and can eat everything.  Not that that is necessarily a good thing, since I have to be super diligent.  But I like knowing that absolutely nothing disagrees with me.  It really is my biggest fear . . . bigger than the fear that surgery won't fix my problem and I'll be stuck with my GERD forever.

Although, given my Peanut Butter addiction, maybe not being able to tolerate it would be a good thing!

NYMom222
on 6/10/16 11:31 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Love the picture!

I have been on uncommongoods but never bought anything....

I am with you on the 'not getting lax' and I am realizing sometimes, it doesn't even have to be on purpose. Sometimes we just get out of routine... I don't know if you saw my post last week about lessons learned when I went to my follow up appointment with the Plastic Surgeon... when I started to faint because I didn't eat or drink anything for 2 hours after I got up.... out of my routine and didn't even realize what I had done....

Last night I was hungry and my meal came with soup or salad, so I ordered the soup...but it was a bean soup theoretically 'healthy' too many carbs, then for some reason the meal got delayed...the waitress apologized, but then I ate a small piece of bread.... Took a bite of dessert and potato too along the way...so way way too many carbs, but it wasn't like sitting down and saying "I am having a piece of cake. Subtly sneaks in if you aren't paying attention...

Have a great weekend...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

mschwab
on 6/10/16 11:47 am
RNY on 11/21/14

What a beautiful picture.  I love it, and you look particularly adorable!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Queen JB
on 6/10/16 7:58 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Just checking in with a hello from the ferry!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

MaryEllen OntheEastCoast
on 6/10/16 8:23 am - CT

Happy Birthday to Grim!  Hope you have a wonderful weekend on Martha's Vineyard.  Am totally jealous!

Capogirl
on 6/10/16 8:25 am

Happy Birthday to Grim!  Enjoy your weekend on the Vineyard. 

life_mirrors_art
on 6/10/16 8:57 am - Canada

Happy birthday Grim! Hope you and JB have a great long weekend at MV!

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

RNY_elizabeth
on 6/10/16 9:00 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

So much cuteness!!!! Can't even stand it!

Have a wonderful trip.

~Elizabeth

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 432 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 394 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 161 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?