What is on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu RNYers?

supershopper
on 6/10/16 6:41 am

cute tunic dress!

I've been on a dress buying binge lately!

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

life_mirrors_art
on 6/10/16 6:43 am, edited 6/9/16 11:54 pm - Canada

Good morning! Another cute outfit Cynthia - you have a great collection of dresses, and wear them well!

Sending supportive thoughts to AV during this difficult time.

QOTD: WLS has been a real learning experience so far, and one lesson that comes up over and over again is that it is now MY CHOICE and my responsibility to reach and maintain a healthy weight. Cir****tances, other people, and emotional upsets do not control my eating. I am trying to make good eating choices as automatic a habit as daily toothbrushing ... still have a long way to go, since I'll brush my teeth whether I'm having a good day or not-so-good, but still have the urge to soothe away my negative feelings with comfort food. I manage migraines by eliminating controllable triggers, and am addressing binge eating triggers the same way - no chocolate for migraines, no peanut butter for bingeing. Denial is not part of my thought process, though - I will have a little cake on my birthday, and a little stuffing and gravy for Thanksgiving, since those special treats are integral to those special occasions and I really enjoy them. But after the one treat on the one day, it is back to the good habits.

That's a bit long-winded, but you get the gist. 

B: ham and unsweetened applesauce

L: roast beef

D: chicken

S: chicken nibblers, cantaloupe, SF Jello

Cal-866, carbs-30, protein-116

Edited to add Part 2: some gardening, housework, and figuring out what to wear to the reception next week. Shopping may be required. :)

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

NYMom222
on 6/10/16 11:07 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Being able to celebrate and eat different than normal foods is such a part of our culture. I do feel it is good to make room for that...it is just we need to pick and choose. Do we need to have a piece of cake at everyone's birthday? It's avoiding the slippery slope of finding daily reasons to celebrate!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

life_mirrors_art
on 6/10/16 11:17 am - Canada

Yes! My siblings' birthdays are special occasions too, but I don't need cake to help celebrate their special days - just on my own birthday!  :)

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

supershopper
on 6/10/16 6:49 am

Loving all the pics- I don't really have a good new one- I did take one at the baby shower last Sunday but my face looked like an alien so I won't post it.

Weekend plans: 5k tomm!!! I planned on doing a dry run on Wed night and instead got my bangs cut and a pedicure so my priorities were a little messed up on that one. So I will be winging it tomm morning. My DH is coming and he is walking when I jog! Hoping it won't be too hot out there.

Lessons learned: hmmm - learning I don't like GERD/ulcers. I'm learning that I'm strong and a fighter. I'm learning that I get more value out of this site than my monthly support groups. I'm learning that when I see myself in the mirror and I'm no longer 'fat' that it's weird. Like that isn't me but another person walking by a mirror.

B: carbmaster yogurt/carbaster milk YAY and decaf

S: protein shake with carbmaster milk

L: chicken wings (I made some in instant pot last night - finished in oven - they were soo good)

s: maybe another shake? or more decaf with milk not sure

D: not sure on this- need to figure it out

s: maybe another carbmaster

Totals under 780

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

NYMom222
on 6/10/16 11:17 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I am so with you on, Who is that in the mirror?

Can I vent a little and look for sympathy? LOL....I figured you'd understand.... I never had GERD pre-surgery... Went on the standard omeprezole, that was supposed to be for 3 months... but stayed on it kept complaining of pain when I ate... they said "you eat too fast, You are eating too much" etc, etc... At my one year surgiversay the surgeon was finally like "Oh, she is still complaining maybe something is wrong"...  Endoscopy--nothing, H. Pylori test...which I had to come off the Omeprezole for 2 weeks for, and when I did I was vomiting... Nope, negative...then finally maybe you have a Hernia...Cat scan...Bingo! So fast forward it got repaired during my first Plastic surgery - turned out to be large rather than small... So after my second plastic surgery decided it was time to wean myself off the omeprezole... went great, have been off for a couple of weeks. Well since last Sunday it has been back with a vengence. Not vomiting, but from the first bite I eat I have pain...acid, reflux .....burping, whatever... SO frustrated. Took the omeprezole yesterday and today...decided to try taking it again for a week or so, and then try and wean myself off again....

Can I just say Whaaaaaaa!!

Now back to your regularly scheduled program :)

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

RNY_elizabeth
on 6/10/16 6:56 am, edited 6/10/16 12:05 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Good morning and happy Friday!  Love the outfit.  Those shoes are super cute.

QOTD: What have I learned about myself?  So much.  Mostly I have learned that I never really knew what my body was trying to tell me about food.  When I was MO I felt 'hungry' nearly all the time.  Now when I feel hungry it is not at all the same feeling.  It is a physical signal from my body to my brain that says "Hey you are low on fuel, eat something so you can keep moving and be alive."  When I was MO it was not at all connected to body fuel it was always about feeling some emotion or other.  Sad? Eat! Tired? Eat! Bored? Eat? Lonely? Eat! Happy? Eat more! I am learning that my emotions do just fine on their own, I don't have to feed them.

Dress Week #5

I got my Guy (hubby) to take a picture for me as we left the house for work.  Led to a great conversation about OH and how I am using this as my support group.  He approves of you all but he did think "AngryViking" was a funny name. LOL

Menu:

B: Chobani Greek Simply 100 Crunch

L: 1 boiled egg, six cherry tomatoes, and a cheese stick (it was what I found in the fridge this morning *shrug*)

S: Another yogurt

D: Chili without beans (because in Texas chili isn't allowed to have beans...beans only go in soup. LOL)

S: Boiled egg

Totals: Calories 762, Protein 82, Carbs 47, Fat 24

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

karenp8
on 6/10/16 7:24 am - Brighton, IL

Love the dress! With our messed up food behaviors it's no wonder we all ended up here is it? That fat girl and I still have a chat every single day and I'm pretty sure that will never ever change.

Deanna798
on 6/10/16 7:41 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I love the dress, and you are rocking it!

By the way, up here in Michigan we call Chili with no beans "coney sauce" and put it on our hot dogs!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

RNY_elizabeth
on 6/10/16 7:51 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

My Guy and I have along standing disagreement about this.  I've done everything to prove to him that OF COURSE chili has beans...I've even shown him the can in the store of "Chili Beans".  I was born in Indiana , he is a fifth generation Texan. He insists if I continue to act like a Yankee he will chase me out of "His State" LOL We tease each other all the time.

I can't wait to tell him he is eating "Coney Sauce" BUWAHAHA

Side note... when I was entering this into My Fitness Pal I didn't put "without beans" at first and WOW the carbs were insane.  It was much better without the beans.  Who knew?  Learn something new everyday, right?

Have a great weekend Beautiful Lady!

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 364 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 278 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 208 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?