What is on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu RNYers?

stacyrg
on 6/10/16 9:12 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Body dysmorphic disorder is real and it's horrible to deal with.  I think you're smart to take and post pictures.  I do not and actually avoid photos at all times.  Almost a year ago I switched law firms and I had to go to a photo shoot for the website.  It was a horrible experience and I ended up with a mini panic attack.  The photographer was great.  I told him my issues and he worked with me but I still had a hard time getting through it.  He suggested that I do a professional photo shoot (hiring him, no doubt) in a relaxed setting.  He thought that seeing photos of myself in various locations and outfits would help my brain catch up.  My firm has now decided to redesign the website and we have to sit for new photos.  Full body shots (clearly the person who made this decision (1) is a man; and (2) has never had a weight problem)  I'm in freakout mode again.  I have until 6/21 to work through my photo anxiety and body hatred.  It's going to be a long two weeks.

mschwab
on 6/10/16 11:28 am
RNY on 11/21/14

I feel you Deanna.  I also struggle with a reasonable view of my body.  I see old pictures of me, and I don't recognize that girl.  I see recent pictures of me, and I don't recognize that girl.  So who am I?  I am a work in progress, that is who I am.

I have dreams that I wake up in the morning and have put all of my weight back on in the night.  It is my new stress dream, replacing the one where I am taking an overseas trip, and show up at the airport without my passport or any money.  

Ugh.  I am a work in (slow) progress.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

melissasue1982
on 6/10/16 6:30 am
RNY on 04/06/15

It's Friday, and I feel like I need a break....like as in time to myself.  But I don't know if this will happen.  Such is the life of a working mother and responsible adult! hahah

QOTD: I learn new things about this journey we are all on ALL the time, like daily.  Its crazy!! 

This is the dress I wore to my friend's sister's memorial last weekend.  I got it on the clearance rack at Target for $13!    It matches my mom and dad's bedroom well! HAHAH

14+ months since surgery

M1: 4oz Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop syntrax milk chocolate w/ lots of ice

M2: Celery sticks w/ 2 LC wedges & Ranch tuna packet

M3: 4oz Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop syntrax milk chocolate w/ lots of ice

M4: 4oz Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop syntrax milk chocolate w/ lots of ice

M5: 2 egg scrambler w/ 2 ultra thin cheddar slices

Totals: Cals: 878 Protein: 125  Carbs: 28  Fat: 28

I am going to try cod this weekend, see how that goes.  I am also doing a color run on Sunday, but it is with a friend who I dont even know if she can walk the whole thing.  So I won't have any impressive times or anything.  But it should be fun!

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

karenp8
on 6/10/16 6:35 am - Brighton, IL

Love your dress,Melissa! Enjoy your weekend too!

Deanna798
on 6/10/16 7:53 am
RNY on 08/04/15

You look adorable as always.  That color run thing could be annoying, but try to have fun and just think, you'll get more of that fun color powder on you if you go slower, lol!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

stacyrg
on 6/10/16 9:20 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I did a color run (ok actually a color walk) a few weeks ago with my running partner and her 8 year old. Once we got over the "we have to go fast" thoughts it was a blast

mschwab
on 6/10/16 11:39 am
RNY on 11/21/14

The color run sounds fun.  Think about it as an opportunity to spend time with your friend, and support her in the walk.  The fact that she is doing it when you are not sure if she can walk the entire course is pretty remarkable.  Have fun and make it about your friend and her courage.

Love the dress!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

melissasue1982
on 6/10/16 11:43 am
RNY on 04/06/15

That is what I am planning, she wanted to do the color run, but would only sign up it I did it with her.  She WANTED to start walking more to get ready for it, which I was happy for you about, but she never did. 

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Emiepie
on 6/10/16 6:37 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good morning and happy Friday. Quick fly by as I am just getting back to work and Friday is always busy for me in the morning...but I'll come back and read later :)

Time since surgery: 21 months

B: SF latte, egg beaters with shredded cheese, 1 slice of bacon

L: Bananas and cream protein shake with powdered PB2 with chocolate

S: SF latte, Blueberry L&F Greek yogurt, pork rinds and turkey sticks

D: Sweet and spicy tuna packets, baby carrots and SF Jello

E: 45 mins stationary stepper this morning and elliptical at lunch

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1080 Protein:140 Carbs:62 Fat:29

Have a great one!

Pic is from's Em's baptism last weekend 

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Pnewman1
on 6/10/16 6:38 am
RNY on 06/30/15

Good morning all, NYMOM, driving around NY scares the crap out of me, I can't imagine doing it that late at night.

QOTD: I still have a lot to learn but right now I am struggling with increasing the meat/proteins and decreasing the vegetables.  I didn't think that would be a problem and it's actually harder than eliminating the white carb laden starches was.

B: coffee, HB egg, shrimp

S: 1/2 protein shake

L: Tuna, mayo, relish

S: 1/2 protein shake

D: Turkey Italian sausage, pizza sauce, mozzarella 

S: pork rinds

cals. 831, carbs. 13, protein 105 ( carbs seem too low, may add something in somewhere)

Have a great weekend!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 166 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views