What is on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu RNYers?

NYMom222
on 6/10/16 10:58 am
RNY on 07/23/14

You will do great on Sunday!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Cheremiste
on 6/10/16 6:26 am, edited 6/9/16 11:28 pm

Hello everyone:

ETA: As of this morning I'm down 55 lbs from my top weight, and 44 pounds since surgery :)

Yay it's Friday! I'll have to remember to get a pic of myself on Photo Friday; maybe next week.

It's in the high 60's/low 70's here; for June, it's been a *****illy the last couple of days in Boston. I'm wearing a cardigan today! Come on, summer, get your **** together.

QOTD: I have a busy weekend. Tomorrow is the Boston Gay Pride parade. My company marches in it every year and I'll be going with them. It's a fun day; big parade through the city, which ends at the government center where there are live musicians, booths, and a big festival. The people watching is second to none :) Afterwards I'm going to Brookline and meeting a friend for an early dinner.

Sunday I'm going to a going-away party for one of the doctors who works here. We're having it at a coworker's house. I'm bringing sweet and sour meatballs. I hope the weather will cooperate.

Breakfast: I didn't do so well. I was lazy and didn't eat at home so I stopped at Starbucks and got a bacon egg and cheese sandwich and a latte. I could only eat half before I got all bloated and gassy. Note to self: STAY AWAY FROM THE BREAD. I don't think I can tolerate pork right now, either.

Lunch: Leftover tuna sushi from last night.

Dinner: No idea; Mom and I are sick of cooking lol

Have a great day everyone!

39 y/o woman | Height 5'11"| SW 301 | CW 233 | GW 175

mschwab
on 6/10/16 10:34 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Yay for walking in Pride Parades.  My company does the same thing, I will will walk in support of of LGBT employees and patients.  It is always really fun and festive.  I love doing it.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Deanna798
on 6/10/16 6:27 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Good morning, once again, you look adorable! So I wanted to let everyone know, if you haven't noticed it, I started a blog. I post here a lot, so things that I say in my blog may be a little redundant, but I thought it would be fun. Nothing fancy, but if you're ever interested you can check out in the link in my signature, or at www.thelifeofamiddleagedloser.com.

I had a rough, rough morning. My kiddo didn't have a nap yesterday, but that was okay because I had a plan. I cooked dinner and we ate on the patio because I knew that would keep him awake. I was able to keep him up until 7pm, which I thought would allow me to sleep until at least 5am. Boy was I wrong. That little bugger was up and at it at 3:30. I tried to get him to snuggle back to sleep in my bed with me, but ended up turning on cartoons to keep him occupied. It's not like I could sleep anyway, he was climbing all over me like a maniac. So, we went downstairs and then at about 6:15 or so we "got into a fight" he was crabby and threw his book at me, so I snapped at him and he cried and cried. I made him lay down on his pillow on the floor and he conked out until I woke him up at 7:30 to go to the sitters. I'm dragging ass today.

Day 5 of the all dress week challenge and here are my photos. to keep with the legs and shoes pic, I snapped one on the way to my car after dropping off the kiddo at Grandma's house. then I asked my coworker to snap one of me in my skirt. it's the denim skirt I wore last Friday with a tie dye shirt I snagged at Walmart last week for $6, and my new Brooks running shoes. 

I'm going to be perfectly honest here, and I think this will tie into the QOTD, but I think I have some issues with Body Dysmorphic Disorder. I keep posting these photos of myself and everytime I look at them I'm cringe because I think I look horrible. I am having a hard time seeing anything positive in the photos. I know I shouldn't feel bad, but it's been difficult all week and you guys have been really sweet with the compliments. I'm just feeling it pretty bad today, most likely because I'm super tired from getting up with the kid. I think it's made worse by my rosacea, which is just a pain in the ass lately. I've been putting off going back on the doxycycline, but I really need to get back to it.

So, my plan for the day is incomplete because we are going out for dinner tonight with our friends for their son's 18th birthday. He's just a year older than my kid, and I can't believe he's 18. Here's a pic from memorial day. My kid is photo bombing and Matt, the birthday boy is in the sombrero. Yep, teenage dorks. I'll be taking these two to see Slayer and Anthrax in September. I'm sure they'll take off on me as soon as they can, lol.

10 months since surgery

B: 2 eggs, 2 bacon 1 cheese and coffee with cream and splenda 315 calories

L: 1/2 a La Banderita Low Carb tortilla with 2oz of turkey, 2 slices of bacon, mayo, lettuce, tomato and pickles.

D: undecided. We're going to the same restaurant that I went to with Cheapskate the other day for lunch. So BBQ of some sort. It's going to be meaty.

S: 2 celery sticks with 1oz cream cheese (I needed a change)

totals without dinner:

Calories 576 protein 48 (lucky dinner will be meat) carbs 22 fat 32

Part 2 of my QOTD: So, tomorrow I have to do a bunch of running around and I'm trying out a new hair salon. My hair has been bothering me. It has stopped falling out, but right now it's so scraggly I can't stand it. I haven't had it cut since February, so I think it's time, and I found a groupon for a new salon. The reason I haven't been back to my old salon is because I think that my old stylist hacked me pretty good at my last appointment. Plus this groupon was $58 for Cut, Color, special condition and an eyebrow wax. If I like the salon I'll switch over. I also have to pick up my race packet for the 5k I'm running next friday night. Sunday I have that home party, which I'm looking forward to.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

NYMom222
on 6/10/16 6:32 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Thanks for faithfully posting pics, so I am not alone! I hadn't noticed your blog link, so I will check it out.

Yes, get your haircut, it makes you feel so much better!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

RNY_elizabeth
on 6/10/16 6:40 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

The body dysmorphia is no joke. I feel you.  I see pictures of myself and find that I absolutely cannot see them as 'me.'  I always think nineteen reasons why the angle must have been weird or the camera was broken or it was something else.  I see the picture and think huh that person looks pretty healthy but I don't see that person is me.  When I look in the mirror, especially without clothes, uhg!  All I can see is fat and wrinkles and loose skin.  It is rough. I have started to notice I avoid mirrors as much as I can. It is a confusing brain mess. I feel way less confident now then I did prior to surgery. 

The real truth is we were beautiful and still are beautiful.  We just can't see it right now. I figure it took me most of my life to learn to love my old body I need to give myself time to love my new body. 

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

karenp8
on 6/10/16 6:45 am - Brighton, IL

Right there with you! It took me a long time to see myself as thin. Probably just in the last 4 or 5 months. I still don't love to look in a mirror with no clothes as all I can see is the saggy skin. Since hubby is retired though there is little chance of plastics happening so I will just learn to live with it! And just keep reminding myself how much better I feel thin.

melissasue1982
on 6/10/16 6:41 am
RNY on 04/06/15

You have looked nothing but awesome in all the photos you have posted.  You may not see it, or believe me, but whatever....its TRUE!! 

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Capogirl
on 6/10/16 8:18 am

Deanna, I get it.  My issues:  1.  I haven't lost as much weight as i thought I would and I seem to be done and I'm not happy about it.  I'm getting nowhere right now.   2.  I always thought I "looked good for my age" but since surgery the wrinkles and bags under my eyes have gotten so much worse that I feel like I look so much older.   Luckily, I feel so much better and can do so much more than I could before surgery, that's how I deal with it.  Just think of all you do and how far you have come and if that doesn't help, get some help.   You are an amazing woman!  Just remember that.

life_mirrors_art
on 6/10/16 8:22 am - Canada

Speaking as an 'apple' of the same height and similar weight, I may understand some of your current dissatisfaction with body shape/image. For me, the weight has fallen off everywhere but the middle, so I have skinny legs, a flat butt, a much smaller chest than before, and my midsection seems disporportionately bulky. I still wear loose tops and always feel kind of boxy in my clothes BUT - and this is the good news - I recall (from decades ago) that at around 140 lbs., the midsection slims down enough so that tucked-in blouses and dresses with defined waistlines look really good. This is a frustrating stage to go through, but you're looking so good already, and I'm sure the next 20 lb. loss will make a world of difference in the way you feel about your shape!

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 431 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 340 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 153 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views