What is on your Thursday Menu RNYers?

monkam
on 6/9/16 9:42 am
RNY on 02/16/15

your haircut and the little curly looks so cute.  super cute straightened, too.  I'm so jealous of y'all that can get the completely different looks. I could curl my hair for 3 hours, but it would straighten in 3 minutes afterward.  and ... you do look a little like Dixie Chicks Natalie Maines!

NYMom222
on 6/9/16 12:36 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

That is so funny...you are not the first one that told me I looked like her.

I am one of the few people who my hair got better after WLS... I know, don't hate me... I don't know if it is the protein or what. I had beautiful thick hair growing up, and then when I hit peri-menopausal it went down hill- horrible, straight, greasy and stringy.... The only time it looked good was when the humidity of the summer brought out the curl....

I discovered in the ethnic haircare section a curling cleansing conditioner I love. (Like Wen...no shampoo)...actually read about it on Amazon and then saw it at Target. It brings out the curl... and then I have various oils and curl stuff product for after. No blow drying... yup and yup...especially for summer...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

mschwab
on 6/9/16 10:29 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Happy Thursday everyone.  Yay for almost Friday!  I love the dress, Cynthia.  Zuilly is great, but I have never bought anything there for myself, just for the kiddos.  They have amazing kids clothes and great prices.

I totally related to your comment about not being "cured."  I've said it before, but I consider my MO a chronic disease.  I will never be cured.  I am not in remission.  My disease is active, and I have to understand that and manage it every day, every meal, every decision.  That doesn't scare me.  It empowers me.  At the end of the day, I have the power and the tools to successfully manage my disease if I use both.  I will never be perfect, and I don't need to be.  I just need to make sure that I make many, many more good decisions than bad ones.   It will never be easy, but nothing ever is that brings such huge rewards.

QOTD: I spend way to much time on internet shopping sites.  My favorite are Gilt (operated by Sak's), Rue LaLa, HauteLook (Nordstrom), One King's Lane (new and vintage home stuff) and Joss and Main (love their lighting).  I also like Pinterest, Epicurious (I still get Cooking Light and Bon Appetit magazines.  After I finish reading them, I go on Epicurious and find the recipes from the mags I want to save, and then save them to my recipe box.  Then I can get rid of the magazine), Ebay and Amazon.  

The picture below is my outfit today.  I love the skirt.  I got it from White House Black Market.

Time Since Surgery:  18 months

B:  Egg Beaters, mozzarella and bacon omelette

S:  Ellenos Greek Yogurt - Raspberry Ginger

L:  Panera Thai Chicken Salad, no dressing.  I have a working lunch and ordered this.  I logged the whole salad, but know I won't eat it all.

S: 4 oz prawns (if I want this after the salad)

D:  4 oz chicken breast

Totals:  Calories 947, Carbs 50, Protein 121

Have a great day everyone!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

RNY_elizabeth
on 6/9/16 11:24 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Love love love that skirt! You are looking lovely and happy.  Great to see. 

Thank you for your comments about having both the power and the tools to successfully manage MO. YES! This is going to be on my mind a long time.  I needed that...thanks.

~Elizabeth

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

monkam
on 6/9/16 11:35 am
RNY on 02/16/15

I just cut-n-pasted THIS into a Word doc for self study!!  Thank You!!

I consider my MO a chronic disease.  I will never be cured.  I am not in remission.  My disease is active, and I have to understand that and manage it every day, every meal, every decision.  That doesn't scare me.  It empowers me.  At the end of the day, I have the power and the tools to successfully manage my disease if I use both.  I will never be perfect, and I don't need to be.  I just need to make sure that I make many, many more good decisions than bad ones.   It will never be easy, but nothing ever is that brings such huge rewards.

NYMom222
on 6/9/16 12:41 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

yes, that was very powerful... make more good decisions than bad. I think it is important to admit to our less than perfect choices, so others don't think they are the only ones who 'aren't perfect'... a recipe for disaster, and also admitting takes the power to control you out of them...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Emiepie
on 6/9/16 2:25 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Love that skirt!!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

G2GAWAY
on 6/9/16 10:21 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

You look great!  Love the outfit. I do exactly the same thing with magazines. But, I do try to stay off Pinterest because it CAN be a time sucker.  I love Love LOVE White House Black Market.  I just wi**** were a *****eaper.  I have a pair of black pants (among other things) that I absolutely love how they fit.  They are starting to get big in the legs, but still snug in the waist so I can't go down a size. I do have a couple of coupons so I plan to buy a thing or two next week before they expire. 

Amazon Prime is the best thing ever!

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 432 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?