What is on your Thursday Menu RNYers?

mamata2
on 6/9/16 1:17 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss of Brie!!

mschwab
on 6/9/16 9:27 am, edited 6/9/16 2:27 am
RNY on 11/21/14

I love salmon, but the key is that is has to be cooked just right.  If it is cooked too long (or reheated too long) it get dry.  I cook it until it is still translucent in the middle.  Not a second more.  If I do that, then I don't have a problem with it.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

karenp8
on 6/9/16 9:58 am - Brighton, IL

I agree if hubby or I cook it barely done it's great but I can't handle it overcooked or reheated. It's just too dry!

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/16 6:49 am

Love your outfit. I love Zulily I have to stay away from shopping. TJMAXX is my guilty pleasure. I have been there a few times this week. I have lost weight since I stopped the alcohol. I did go shopping in my closet and stuff fit now that I was thinking would never fit.

I am sorry you had that day were we want to eat. I had that yesterday. I ate two packs of oreos. I have to say I did enjoy them. Today I have a protein bar in my purse.

B:Yogurt with some blueberries

L:Protein bar

D:Pork tenderloin on the grill

S:Yogurt I will also bring a protein bar with me

I have been doing 4.5 miles a day I am glad I am keeping up with that. 

I didn't think losing more weight after being almost three years out was possible. It is. 

Have a great day. 

RNY_elizabeth
on 6/9/16 7:39 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Congratulations on not drinking alcohol!  That is a tough change but well worth it. You are doing great.  

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

NYMom222
on 6/9/16 8:40 am
RNY on 07/23/14

SO happy you jumped in and so happy for the good report!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

karenp8
on 6/9/16 10:00 am - Brighton, IL

Glad to see your good report Susan. I am almost 4 years out and if I get extra walking in I will still lose weight!6

Daisydoo02
on 6/9/16 6:50 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Morning everyone!  Thanks again Cynthia for starting us off today!  

I just wanted to take a moment and thank each of you who takes the time to post your menu's daily, share your lives with us and all the love & support you give!  I want to thank all of you who took the time to post back to me with all of your love & support.  My life has been a series of ups & downs lately, more downs than I am used to and truly you are all so kind and supportive, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I just love you guys and your posts truly help!! 

Update on my friend, we spent the evening together, she is ok.  Very very sad but she is going to be okay.  Thank you again for your kind words and support.

For sure Cynthia we are all reading your post this morning and nodding our heads in agreement "not perfect, not cured".  Head hunger is real, maintenance is HARD and for me the inner fat girl talk in my head is incessant and a daily fight.  I totally get you.

The dress is fantastic!! I always see ads for Zulily and want to check it out, you have given a great recommendation so I think I will see if its reasonable for me. I love Amazon and Pinterest as well.  I will post this tomorrow as the link is on my home laptop and I am at work but I was on Amazon a few nights ago looking for a gift for someone and at the bottom of the page it had other sites as recommendations, I clicked one and its amazing!! Damn I can't remember the name but it was extremely cool, different, handmade gifts from all different Artists. I think I could have spend easily $5000 in 5 minutes LOL

Its really cold here today, so again no dress/skirt, I woke up to 4C/39F, OMG really??????? Its going to warm up next week so they say so I will be rocking the dresses next week, in the mean time I had to put gloves on this morning while drives, GLOVES in JUNE!!!!!!

Time Since Surgery: 2 years + 7 months

Menu is an exact replicate of yesterday: B: tuna, S: 1/2 protein bar, L: tuna, S: other half protein bar, D: chicken & bell pepper, S: shrimp & ****tail sauce

V/W: vits are done, calcium is on alarms.  The usual, coffee/tea & water with SF cranberry juice

E: more errands at lunch, hike the dogs when I get home from work, then hubby and I have a 6pm appt at a car dealership to test drive a car I am interested in buying.  If I am not home too late from the dealership I will take the dogs out again for a walk before bed.

Totals are: 925 calories, 141 protein, 40 carbs, 27 fat

Happy Almost weekend my friends!! 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Grim_Traveller
on 6/9/16 7:13 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Gloves in June can be very elegant.

JB keeps telling me how similar the two of you are. In six more weeks we will meet, and I'm guessing I will be very, very afraid.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Daisydoo02
on 6/9/16 8:50 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Sure gloves in June if it was an evening gown, not driving to work LOL LOL

And yes be afraid, be very afraid... I am just an older taller version of JB ha ha ha ha  

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 166 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?