What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 6/2/16 7:14 am, edited 6/2/16 12:16 am
RNY on 07/17/14

CHOCOLATE MALTED IS THE ONE I HAD!  lol  I was making it for my kid and I couldn't resist.

ETA:  What kind of magnesium supplements do you take?  I've been experiencing some leg cramping lately and I've read that magnesium (and potassium) can help...

NYMom222
on 6/2/16 7:53 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I originally started taking Magnesium pre-WLS to help with my BP. After trying several brands/types I settled on this one because it actually made a difference and it was the type that was supposed to cause the least gastro distress - I buy KAL brand 400mg magnesium Glycinate. I buy it at Vitamin Shoppe and always have them match their own internet price. I take one pill 2x a day. Even though I am no longer on BP meds, I figured it didn't change that I probably had a magnesium deficiency, so why stop? Doc said need to take Magnesium and calcium together... so I am changing that up in my routine as well...

I always had a problem with Potassium when on BP meds, even though the one I was on isn't supposed to effect your potassium... I usually eat a lot of spinach, which I haven't been doing lately with all the comings and goings. Another great food source is low Sodium V-8 juice. Low sodium has more potassium than the regular. I like the spicy it makes it taste better... The mini cans are only 35 calories about 8 carbs and have a much higher dose of potassium than bananas or spinach... So if I feel like I need a quick dose...cramping etc... I down one of those everyday for a few days. I know 'don't drink your calories...' but for me this is worth it when I need it.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

AngryViking
on 6/2/16 8:02 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Thanks!  And that's good info about the V-8!  I had no idea it was so high in potassium.

Daffodilgirl
on 6/2/16 6:12 am

Good morning everyone!! Today we are heading to the amusement park. I have on shorts (first time in 16 years) and a shirt that shows my arms. Talk about being self conscious and insecure. But I'm going and I am fitting my big butt on rides. My kids are so excited that I am actually able to ride with them this time. 

QOTD-I gag if I eat kiwi. My favorite fruit is grapefruit and watermelon.

B-Premier Protein Shake 

L-Hopefully grilled chicken 

D-Not sure 

S-I have beef jerky and peanuts packed 

I hope everyone has a fantabulous day!!

Surgery day March 4, 2016 

Surgery date March 4, 2016

S.W 309.8

C.W. 143.2

"Oh give thanks to the Lord for he is good!"

NYMom222
on 6/2/16 7:00 am
RNY on 07/23/14

That is so great! Enjoy yourself...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

AngryViking
on 6/2/16 7:23 am
RNY on 07/17/14

What park are you going to?  I went to Darien Lake last summer and rode a roller coaster for the first time in like 10 years and it was a-mah-zing!  You're going to have a blast.

And FYI, kiwi is delicious.

Daffodilgirl
on 6/2/16 10:57 am

We are at Carowinds. I have rode just about every roller coaster here. And when I sat in the first seat and my butt slid in with no worries a tear did come out of my eyes! 

Kiwi looks like small green brains 

AngryViking
on 6/2/16 11:57 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Small green brains that are delicious.  Yay for roller coastering!

Capogirl
on 6/2/16 6:21 am

Good morning!   The thing about short weeks is that they are usually way too busy and go on for too long! Didn't get a chance to read yesterdays post until last night and forget about Tuesday's, never even tried.  Work has been so crazy this week.  Hopefully today will be better.

QOTD:  Nectarines and pineapple are my favorites, my least favorite would be grapefruit.  

Time since surgery 13+ months:

B:  1 egg, 1/2 protein shake

L:  Turkey burger

D:  ?  Up in the air, probably a frittata

S:  Babybel, cottage cheese other 1/2 protein shake

Deanna798
on 6/2/16 6:23 am, edited 6/1/16 11:30 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

Morning AV. I am also wearing a skirt today. It's a crepe tiered black skirt. I'm wearing a robin egg blue paisley top from NY&CO and a little black cardigan, and a pair of black ballet flats. I have to say that I feel really cute this morning, even after the blow to my ego last night. Go look at my post from last night if you haven't read it. I think it's time for me to get a waist cincher, lol.

So, I did reasonably well with food last night, I think I'm getting myself under control again. My little Kal had an incident this morning, so I have been up since about 4:30. Last night at about 4:30, my husband thought he heard some faint crying. he went into the hall and my baby's bedroom door was open and he heard him crying from downstairs. Apparently Kal got up and went down looking for us, but was standing in the middle of the family room just crying in the dark. So, Dan just brought him into bed with us. He snuggled into me and had big crocodile tears, it was so sad. I think I'm going to have to put a lock on his bedroom door so he can't get out in the night. I've been considering it, but my husband is resistant. We'll see how it goes.

I think I found the right tattoo artist! I've been looking around and found one here locally last night. She's completely booked through September, but I emailed her and I hope that she will take me on. If you are curious, take a peek at her portfolio here.

10 months since surgery

B: 2 eggs scrambled with onions and mushrooms and topped with velveeta, 2 slices of center cut bacon and coffee with cream and splenda

L: 2 all white meat turkey hot dogs cut up with some turkey chili with no beans, diced onions and a slice of velveeta (this is reminiscent of a coney dog without the bun) The only thing that is missing is some yellow mustard, which I may be able to scrounge up in the office fridge.

D: same as lunch.

S: Light and Fit Greek yogurt

totals:

Calories 843 protein 88 carbs 59??? fat 29

Now, let's talk about my carbs here. This seems rather high for a menu that essentially has no carbs that you can see with the naked eye. But I did a little digging and each of those hot dogs has 5g of carbs, and the chili, which has no beans, is high in both protein AND carbs. Gah. I was making the lunch, thinking I was going to rock it and then I looked at the totals and was like WTF!?!?. It just goes to show you how important logging and tracking is, some foods can be really deceiving.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 435 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 166 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?