What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 6/2/16 5:38 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Thursday morning all!  Day 3 of the all dress/skirt challenge:  yellow and blue plaid shift.  I can't seem to get a picture to go, but trust when I say it's super cute. 

QOTD!  Favorite and least favorite fruit?  LOL  I ask because someone left a big bowl of fruit salad in the kitchen here at work.  I've been craving it so bad lately, so it was like a little present to me.  However, it had cantaloupe in it, which I loathe, so I had to work around those pieces to get to the blueberries and raspberries.  I love raspberries. 

Time since surgery:  22+ months

B:  I had a glass of milk with Ovaltine before I left the house this morning.  I regret nothing.  And then when I got to work I had the yummy fruit salad.  Now on to the coffee!

S:   2 HB eggs

L:  Buffalo chicken salad, pork rinds and a cheese stick

D:  cheeseburger sans bun

TOTALS:  Cals:  890  Protein:  88  Carbs:  38  Fat:  44

Have a great day everyone!

Queen JB
on 6/2/16 5:46 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I picked a bad day to say I'd give up coffee, so I am letting the GERD run amok for another day. I thought about it, and decided that I'd rather have acid than face a 12 hour work day on 4 hours sleep without caffeine! Choices..

QOTD: I am born and raised in the town that the actual Johnny Appleseed lived (Lancaster MA)--yes he was a real guy! I have never lived more than .2 miles from an apple orchard and I love to go pick them straight from the tree. I'd be happy living on an apple-only diet. Yum! Least favorite is blueberries. I like the flavor but the consistency makes me gag.

B: Trader Joe's Cold Brew with 1/2 c Fairlife skim; cheese stick

S: Mr. Cheese Os and turkey stick

L: veggie burger with swiss

S: Mission Protein bar

D: Trader Joe's Chicken Parmesan lollipops

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

mamata2
on 6/2/16 6:06 am

I was recently told that Johnny Appleseed was a drunk?  Planting apples just so that hard cider could be made?  Not that I am opposed to that...

Deanna798
on 6/2/16 6:36 am
RNY on 08/04/15

mmmm, cider.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Queen JB
on 6/2/16 8:14 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Haha that wasn't part of the narrative in the elementary school plays I was in...

But there is an Apple Vodka, Hard Ciders and lots of Apple Wines that I have come to love over time :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

AngryViking
on 6/2/16 8:34 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Here in CNY, I am surrounded by apple orchards and there's one right up the road that makes apple wine/vodka/cider and it's so freaking delicious.  USA Today voted it the Best Apple Orchard in the Country!  LOL  Beak & Skiff 1911

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/2/16 9:19 am

Coffee is nectar of the Gods... but it bothers me also. ButI can't do without caffeine... they have caffeine pills... the pills do not affect my Gerd the same way.  Black tea is astringent - and can deliver a nice caffeine kick without too much or any GERD.. try that when you need caffeine and can't drink coffee..

Plus - there is acid tamer - stuff that makes the coffee less acidic.. it does leave residue at the bottom of the cup - but I rather have that than no coffee...

http://www.calciblend.com/

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

melissasue1982
on 6/2/16 5:51 am
RNY on 04/06/15

QOTD: I love strawberries SO MUCH, watermelon is a close second.  I don't really care for pears

This morning has been CRAZY!!!  I woke up late, and had to rush around like crazy to get the boys up, dressed, to daycare and then to work!  YIKES 

14 months since surgery

M1: 4oz Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop Syntrax milk chocolate w/ lots of ice

M2: 4oz Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop Syntrax milk chocolate w/ lots of ice

M3: 4oz Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop Syntrax milk chocolate w/ lots of ice

M4: 4oz Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop Syntrax milk chocolate w/ lots of ice

M5: 3oz Tempeh w/ soy sauce and sauteed onions

M6: Curd cheese

Totals: Cals: 922  Protein: 141  Carbs: 41  Fat: 23

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

karenp8
on 6/2/16 6:18 am - Brighton, IL

You are my hero! I can't say that I miss those days of trying to juggle mom,worker,and wife that much. I miss my boys but don't miss having to take care of them. Just remember that these days don't last long and you will blink and they will be gone. I wish I had some of those fun family times back sometimes.

melissasue1982
on 6/2/16 6:21 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I am normally ok with the daily Momming, working and wifeing!  Good thing I try and get most crap done the night before, because there would have no way I could have made it to work on time otherwise! lol

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 403 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 378 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 191 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?