What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Daffodilgirl
on 5/31/16 4:02 pm

That sounds yummo too!! 

G2GAWAY
on 5/31/16 4:25 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

I love 3 day weekends.  I used to work 4-10s and I loved that schedule-a 3 day weekend every week. It sounds like many of you had a weekend filled with doing things you enjoyed.  I had a lovely weekend. I spent Saturday doing a couple of hikes with my daughter, enjoyed time at the beach in Santa Monica on Sunday, and a movie and dinner with my husband on Monday.  I made some good choices.  Lots of shrimp was involved. Thank goodness I love shrimp.  And my daughter and I went to a tapas restaurant, which was awesome because we shared the small plates and had a wonderful dinner of grilled artichoke hearts, scallops (2 on the plate to share), hardboiled eggs (3 halves), and strip steak.  And there might have been a glass of wine involved   As my mom would have said, it was "delicious and divine" and just the right portion size for me-and very protein forward.

I had an exciting NSV at the movies.  The movies were kind of crowded and we were not there early.  There were only two seats available in the area we like to sit.  Typically, I would have avoided that so that I wasn't invading someone's space with my hips and shoulders hanging into their seat.  It was quite exciting to realize that I wasn't infringing into their area at all!

My husband says I am a bloodhound---I smell everything. Lots of things bother me, but the one that really turns my stomach (which I don't smell around my house anymore) is ketchup that was opened and put on a plate (for French fries-of course) and then thrown in the tra**** just smells nasty.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

G2GAWAY
on 5/31/16 4:28 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

Oh yeah, and cat pee on furniture.  We had a cat suddenly decide to pee on our couch repeatedly. And I did not want to get rid of the couch, so my miracle worker carpet cleaning guy (uses a dry cleaning method) managed to get the smell out.  It took a while, but it is gone!!!  I even took the cat to the vet to make sure she wasn't sick or trying to tell us she had a bladder infection. Nope, she was just being tempermental.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

selhard
on 5/31/16 6:54 pm, edited 5/31/16 12:04 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Today was a shopping day an hour away in the city I moved away from last April 6th.  It's hard to be there; mini sad-attacks throughout the day.  You'll see below the food choices weren't so hot, either.

B: coffee, quiche

S: protein bar

L: buttermilk chicken patty at McDonalds (no bun)

D: hot dog with sauerkraut (no bun)

Least favorite smell:  Gangrene-- hoping none of you will ever know how wrenching it is.

life_mirrors_art
on 5/31/16 9:00 pm, edited 5/31/16 2:36 pm - Canada

Selhard, I feel your pain, although I don't know your cir****tances. I also had to sell my house unwillingly after my employer of 14 years decided to lay off all staff and outsource. At the age of 57, I had aged out of my profession, and couldn't get new employment.This devastated my retirement plans, as there was no company pension or payout, and only 32 weeks of unemployment insurance. I had to sell my house and have been living on my retirement savings for over 3 years. I also had to move to a small town in a less expensive part of the country - which has actually worked out very well, I'm happy to say - I'm renting a townhouse with a little garden and meeting some nice people. Since my move last year I have been doing some freelance work for a couple of former clients who tracked me down through Linked In, but those projects are wrapping up so I'll be out looking for some kind of work in the next month or so. 

It has taken a long time to work through all the negative fallout from this series of events, and my finances will never recover, but time helps, and so does distance. I'm actually building a fairly happy - albeit frugal - new life. I hope you find some peace of mind over time too.

Edited for typos.

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

Cheremiste
on 6/1/16 4:41 am

I'm a nurse. I am intimately familiar with the smell of gangrene, which is why I'm glad I currently work for an insurance company 

39 y/o woman | Height 5'11"| SW 301 | CW 233 | GW 175

cassinetti
on 6/1/16 2:34 am
RNY on 06/27/16

Is that a typical day of eating for you? If so, that's not bad at all. Seems like a lot of food and you only took in 836 calories!!!!! I am scheduled for surgery on 6/27/16 and this board has been very helpful in coming up with a future game plan as far as the do's and don'ts go.

Deanna798
on 6/1/16 3:23 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Welcome and congrats on the surgery date!

You'll find that there are a lot of foods that we can eat post op that are very y satisfying.  It's when we eat junk that we can eat a lot. We can carbs,  you know. 

Stick around,  there is so much knowledge and support here on the forums. 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 432 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 162 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?