What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Daffodilgirl
on 5/26/16 10:27 am

Happy Happy Birthday! I'm late posting today due to setting up at the Finals rodeo for my kids. Today I have had to make myself eat! I love the feeling of no hunger but I know I have to eat to lose. 

QOTD- Sunshine tramp stamp (my mama told me I always going to bust hell wide open when I got it).  My side has 4 shooting stars (3 for my kids and the largest for me and my husband. And a flower on my arm.  Probably having that one taken off because I don't like it at all.

B-Premier Protein Shake 

L-Swiss cheese and ham roll

D-Grilled hamburger patty and cheese. 

Surgery date March 4, 2016

S.W 309.8

C.W. 143.2

"Oh give thanks to the Lord for he is good!"

Cheremiste
on 5/26/16 10:28 am

Hello everyone, and happy birthday to AngryViking!

So far I'm down 49 lbs from my top weight. I hope to hit an even 50 by Monday. This weekend I'm going to spend some time culling my wardrobe of clothes that are already too big for me. I've already got one donation bag going.

QOTD: No tattoos; I think they can be beautiful, but as a nurse I have seen some FUGLY tattoos. I once took care of a man who had 666 tattooed on his forehead. No lie! Nice guy, though. I think if something significant happened to me that I felt strongly about, I'd get a tattoo to commemorate it. I did get my ears double pierced after my trip to Haiti, as that was significant to me.

7 weeks out from surgery.

B: Overnight oatmeal; a great recipe from my NUT. Oats, yogurt, milk, applesauce, chia seeds, cinnamon and a bit of vanilla.

L: Pork ribs, which are now making Alberta (my pouch) hurt :(

D: No idea, whatever Mom comes up with.

39 y/o woman | Height 5'11"| SW 301 | CW 233 | GW 175

G2GAWAY
on 5/26/16 11:26 am, edited 5/26/16 4:51 am
RNY on 05/16/15

It is so awesome to get rid of clothes!  I used to have to try on clothes before I packed for a trip to make sure they were big enough.  It was fun when I had to try them on to make sure they were small enough and wouldn't fall off.  You will feel better wearing clothes that fit.  I had lots of sizes in my closet to shop from.  The fun really began when I had to actually go out and shop, but don't overbuy things as you will go through them quickly.  Good luck.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

mschwab
on 5/26/16 10:55 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Happy Thursday everyone.  This is my "Friday" because I am taking tomorrow off.  Can I hear a cheer from the crowd for a four day weekend?  I am going to Seattle for the weekend for a girls' trip to celebrate a friend's bday that lives in Seattle.  We're taking her to a hotel/spa for the weekend.  I have a facial and massage booked for Saturday.  Bliss!

Speaking of birthdays, happy, happy birthday AV.  The 40's are great, and the 50's even better.  I call them the FU 50's, because I no long care what anyone thinks, or feel that I have to live up to anyone's expectations.  I am a drama-free zone.  It is very freeing and empowering.  So enjoy your day (week, month?) and remember that each bday is a gift to be treasured.

QOTD:  I tell people I have 6 tattoos, which is technically correct, but 5 of them are tiny dots from my radiation for breast cancer.  They tattoo dots so that they can line up the machine accurately for the treatments.  I have a ying/yang symbol just above my groin that I got in my mid-twenties (girl's night out in San Diego, too many ****tails.  You know the story).  Because of where it is, I didn't see it for years because of my pannus.  I have recently rediscovered it, now that it is visible again.  I am eventually going to get a small breast cancer pink ribbon on my ankle, but I have not gotten around to it yet.

CAMAW is going well.  No pictures today, because I am eating things that I have already posted.  It is going to be a challenge to stay on CAMAW tomorrow because of the girls' trip, but I will be strong!  Probably. 

Time Since Surgery:  20 months

B:  Egg Beaters, mozzarella and bacon omelette.  You'd think I'd be sick of this by now, but nope.  Don't know why it tastes so delicious to me.

S:  3 oz rib eye

L:  Working lunch.  My assistant ordered a Thai Chicken Salad for me, so I will probably just pick out and eat the chicken

S:  4 oz seared scallops (the last of these)

D:  Chicken thigh

Totals (without lunch)  Calories 630, Carbs 8, protein 66.

Have an amazing day everyone!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

G2GAWAY
on 5/26/16 11:10 am
RNY on 05/16/15

Happy birthday!  Hope you have an awesome day.  Sounds like it is off to a great start. White crop pants are the best to get into the mood of summertime!  Size 6 is awesome. 

Thanks for always adding your great sense of humor and your cleverness in coming up with an interesting QOTD every day.  Even if I don't get to post, I love reading the responses.  I decided that I was going to bring my iPad to work so I can post every day, but that went out the window yesterday because damn work got in the way.  I don't like typing on my phone, because it takes too long.  

Had a great time meeting some of the people on the boards in person last night.  Can't wait to do it again sometime.  And while the reasons Grim aka John was out here is a sad one, I never expected I would get to meet the legend live and in person.

I am exhausted today though because the freeway was closed on the way home, which required some crazy detours and got me home super late.  Thank goodness I only have 2 meetings today and the budget book is now in the hands of the Board so I have a few seconds of down time without crazy deadlines.  But I have to read a chapter of a book for a 3 pm business related book club.  Better get cracking.  Have a great day.

Oh yeah QOTD.  No tattoos for me, my husband, or my kids. I don't think I could endure the pain and have no idea what I would want, so I doubt I will ever get one at this stage in my life.

Food-I have no idea.  I have had premier protein so far.  Need to add something more to my breakfasts now. Probably going to have scallops for lunch and chicken for dinner.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Emiepie
on 5/26/16 12:48 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Oh no! sorry you had a hard time getting home. I really appreciate you making the drive here.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Kathy S.
on 5/26/16 11:37 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Happy Birthday AV

I declare this Turkey Thursday!  Didn't log my food, bad Kathy, bad, bad Kathy, but did well!  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

lykapal
on 5/26/16 1:11 pm
RNY on 05/16/16

Liquid diet, in no particular order-

1 Premier protein - chocolate
4oz Fairlife milk with 1/2 scoop unjury strawberry and 1 tbsp Greek plain
5.5oz V-8 with 1/2 scoop unjury chicken
1/2 cup cream of chicken with 1/2 cup Fairlife milk and 1/2 scoop Isopu-re unflavored
8oz Ensure vanilla + 8oz water -- gtube
Fluid total 100+ ounces. Protein 103g. Calories 902.

QOTD - I have four tattoos. Right and left ankles. Lower back and between shoulder blades. 

49/F 4' 11" Highest Wt. 183.8--Surgery Wt. 173.0--Current Wt. 115.2--Goal Wt. 115.0

Kakesie
on 5/26/16 2:23 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Hi Everyone!

I'm late in posting today because I had to get up at 5:30 am so I could get ready and drive 3 hours to Omaha to see my surgeon and dietician today and then turn around and drive 3 hours back home.  It was my 3 month check-up and my doctor is pleased with my progress and my labs were perfect.  I was cleared to eat a normal diet now!

Happy Birthday, Kristen!!!  My 60th birthday is coming up!  (June 14th)  God I'm ANCIENT!

QOTD:  No tattoos.  If I got any I'd probably get a little doggie paw print or my daughter's name or something to symbolize my daughter.  But I don't intend to put anything permanent on this OLD body. 

I'm still doing CAMAW Critter.  Yesterday I ate:  Protein shake, bacon, cottage cheese & steak.  Today so far I've had a protein shake and 2 string cheese sticks.

Have a super day everyone!!! 

~ Karen     

Daisydoo02
on 5/26/16 5:29 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hey my fellow Gemini, I am June 18th!

I hear you on the paw print tattoo, that is part of my "design" I want, a paw print for Oliver, a baseball to represent my hubby and a paw print for Amy!! We dog people think alike LOL

Great job on the CAWMAW!! Keep up the great work!\

Hope all went well with your surgeon check in!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 431 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 340 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 153 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?