What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

mschwab
on 5/26/16 9:03 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Happy, happy birthday!!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Nicole K.
on 5/26/16 9:28 am - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

Good morning everyone!  Happy birthday, Kristin!  It's your birthday month, YAAAAAY! I'm super busy at work, no pictures today, but I had some bologna for breakfast.  Next time I'm going full CAMAW, forget the critter.

QOTD: No tattoos.  I want one, but I'm super scared of needles and I have no idea where I'd put it, it's a poem by Nayyirah Waheed.

i fell apart many times.

so.

what does that say about me

besides 

I live through

wars.

B: Bologna

L: Chicken breast

D: more chicken

S: Babybell

Have a great Thursday!

Nicole 

RNY on 2/12/2016 with Dr. Kent Sasse

First consultation weight: 309  Goal weight: 150

stacyrg
on 5/26/16 9:47 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning everyone!  Had court this morning, so late post for me.  I had the best time last night and am looking forward to our next meet up!  So, as of July 1, I will no longer be the VSG interloper on this thread.  Yes, I got my date for conversion to bypass.  It is truly bittersweet for me.  I LOVE my little sleeve and the life it has given me, but the sucker has to go, cause I can't live with the "air gives me heartburn" anymore!  So, be prepared for all my RNY "newbie" questions.  I had to laugh, when his scheduler called to set up my appointments, she told me that I would have to sit through the 2 hour pre-op nutrition class that his practice requires.  I was like "you know I've been through the class before, right?"  I think it's a point for negotiation right now.  I think it will be hysterical if I walk in with the rest of his pre-ops.  They're going to be thinking "did she get lost" (not that the picture Kelly posted reflects it, but I'm smaller than the average pre-op!  The whole thing makes me laugh.

KQOTD - No tattoos.  I was thinking about a small TinkerBell to memorialize the event that highlighted my post surgery transformation but: (1) I can't think of where I would put it given all my saggy skin; and (2) I HATE needles.  It's still on the table.

CAMAW - I'm staying mostly on plan, but carbs are creeping in here and there.  Sad, because AMAW was so good for me with respect to weight loss.  But my acid is winning out and the carbs are the only thing that provide me any relief.  Daisy and Mamata2, so sorry you're having acid issues . . . I have a ton of acid meds that don't work for me . . . tell me where to send them and I'll ship . . . . JUST KIDDING!!!!!  But honestly, I hope you feel better soon.  I know it sucks.

Here's my plan:

B: 1.8 oz ground turkey, 2 eggs, .5 oz shredded cheese, latte made with 4 oz fairlife milk

L:  Grilled chicken breast

D: New York Strip

S: Light and Fit (I have sliced turkey and cheese sticks if I need to add in a snack)

Totals; Cal: 829; Protein: 111g; Fat: 28g; Carbs: 19g

Queen JB
on 5/26/16 9:52 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Congrats on the surgery date! I'm so excited for you. You'll love your pouch more than you love your sleeve, I promise!

I love the tinker bell tattoo idea. Adorbs.

And P.S.--you look tiny! You all do. There is NO WAY an outsider would imagine that you were a table of people with weight issues. 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

stacyrg
on 5/26/16 11:08 am
VSG on 05/12/14

LOL!  They would if they heard us ordering our food!!!

G2GAWAY
on 5/26/16 11:23 am
RNY on 05/16/15

Yeah, the waiter was NOT a fan of our food ordering.  AT.ALL.  Haha.  But we didn't care, we ordered as we wanted to.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Daisydoo02
on 5/26/16 10:38 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Thrilled you got a surgery date!  Holy moly July  1st will be here before you know it! Happy to give you "newbie" advice but you so got this, it will just be a bit weird to go back the fresh post op eating, it will be your head that will fight you the most! 

But so excited for you!!! 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

stacyrg
on 5/26/16 11:09 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Thank you!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/26/16 9:48 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Well Happy Birthday! We're exactly the same age, I had my birthday month last month. 

CAMAW going well, I'm missing a couple of things, but starting to get used to not having them, plus the scale is moving again & I'm starting to lose weight again, yeah!  So I might keep it going past this week.

QOTD No tats, but I do want to get my cherry popped & get one. I want a butterfly one with cherry blossoms, probably on my forearm/wrist. I don't see myself losing any more in those areas. I'll wait and see. The agenda for today is:

Breakfast Shrimp & swiss gruyere cheese. Cottage cheese

Lunch Wild Boar salami & Holland gouda cheese

Dinner Beef patty with truffle gouda cheese

Snack salami slices, yogurt bar

Protein 96 Calories 951 Carb 19 Fat 56

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Daisydoo02
on 5/26/16 10:41 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Your menus have been awesome T!! Great job!! Thrilled for you for that the scale is moving again, it's just so interesting that if we stick to protein forward it all falls into place! 

Keep up the great work!!! 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 435 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 166 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?