What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Emiepie
on 5/26/16 7:25 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Happy Birthday Kristen!! Glad you're being spoiled today-you deserve it!! Last night was awesome, spending time with a great group of peeps and even JB via FaceTime (I'll edit later and add some pics!)I want to thank you all for driving to spend time with me .

QOTD: No tattoos here

Today's menu will be pretty basic again, latte and a P3 pack for breakfast, prob chicken for lunch, snack (hopefully a latte if I can convince someone to stop on way back from lunch)pork rinds, turkey jerky sticks and yogurt, dinner is unknown as we have a bonfire farewell thing happening for one of the local managers that's moving so I'm packing a pretein bar just in case but I'm sure there will be a bunless burger or something I can eat. Got my 6 miles in this morning (even after staying up past my bedtime) vits/water on track. 

Hope you all have a great day!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

G2GAWAY
on 5/26/16 11:18 am
RNY on 05/16/15

The evening was great fun.  Thanks for organizing the group. I'm tired though.  I can't believe you ran your 6 miles this morning.  Impressive.  Hope you have fun at the bonfire tonight.  I'm a bit jealous.  It sounds like fun.  Let us know when you will be back down here a visit.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Emiepie
on 5/26/16 12:42 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

It was my pleasure and so glad we got to do it.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

obxhatteraslight
on 5/26/16 7:53 am, edited 5/26/16 1:11 am - baldwinsville, NY

I have 6 tattoos. I got them all the year I turned 40. Actually today I am going in to put a deposit down to get some more tattoo work done. 

I have a shamrock, yellow rose, bunch of flowers on my left foot, lady bug, Canadian red maple leaf and a huge Sunflower on my original surgery scars on my tummy. The rest are on my sides.

I am having brain farts super busy day at work yesterday can not remember what I ate. I know they are having a luncheon Friday for a lady who is retiring after 38 years, I do not really know her so may skip out and go outside or out to lunch. I have only been at this workplace 6 weeks. MY BAD AND MY RUDE I KNOW.

RNY_elizabeth
on 5/26/16 8:31 am, edited 5/26/16 4:08 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  Thank you for sharing your time with us online strangers. You are a great coach. I hope you have a wonderful year.

QOTD: Yes, I have extensive tattooing.  I actually only have four tattoos but three of them are very large.  Half sleeves on each upper arm and a back piece that covers from my lower back to above my bra line and goes out to the edge of my back to the left and right. What are they and why?

Left arm: Each flower on my arm is used to make a different type of medication used to treat different disorders I have worked with.  This arm is my "counseling" arm.  I use it to remember significant patients and events in my career that have shaped how I do my work.

Right arm: Started while I was in Alaska in the summer and the sun never seemed to set.  Constant sunshine makes me a bit wacky and for some reason I thought getting an Alaskan fire-weed bloom from a shady artist in Anchorage was a GREAT idea.  Turned out that when I got home to Texas I immediately made an appointment with an artist I knew here to begin the sleeve that would 'fix' the Alaskan one.  My husband and I decided to surround the Alaskan flower with native Texas wild flowers. The only symbolic meaning in these is the *****ly pear bloom. That one represents my husband.  He said it is his favorite flower and when I looked up the symbol meaning it turns out it means "Sarcasm". Yeap, that's my man! lol

Back: So...when I was 30 I married briefly a younger man (he was 21 at the time) who had a few tattoos.  I thought tattoos were very exotic, I had never known anyone in person with a real tattoo.  After we married I decided I wanted one. He drew up the art.  Get ready for the worst tattoo source EVA... it was the made up Clan symbol he created as part of the back story for his Dungeons and Dragons character. I am not kidding. No idea why I thought that was a good idea. Uhg.  So that I got at the base of my spine on my back.  Stamp! Thick black lines filled with blue and green shading.  Uhg. So... my now beloved hubby finally had enough of having that on my back so we got the artist who did my left arm to create a cover-up of flowers and a bird. The cover up had to be that large in order to draw the eye away from the old D&D disaster. Cover-ups are rough and they tend to need to be really really big. Wheee!  The flowers and bird I have now are amazing and I love them.  Also my hubby smirked and said, "There, let the next MoFo cover THAT up!" LOL

My only small tattoo: My boob above my heart is a small 1 inch x 1 inch or so interlaced diamond design. It is from the Andinkra symbol language and it means "You are the slave of he whose handcuffs you wear."  It is to remind me not to allow things in my life, work, social, volunteering; to become my "Owner".  It reminds me that I control my own destiny and choose where to serve and where to put my energy and time. I used to work 60 or 70 hours a week with no overtime pay and then rush home to volunteer for tons of things with the kids and then be exhausted and drained and felt overwhelmed.  I had a bad addiction to over committing. Basically it reminds me I need to say "No" sometimes and can choose to say "Yes" when I want to.

CAMAW Update: Nope.... not working for me.  I had the worst leg cramps all evening after work last night.  I kept drinking water but nothing was helping.  I tried eating an orange for the potassium and fluid. It helped some but still cramping. I ended up eating some saltines and some olives to try to get my sodium level sorted out.  It really helped. I am still going to focus on CAM this week but if the cramps come back I'm eating an orange or something. I did take some extra B12 and made sure I took all my multivitamins and such.  Magnesium and potassium just seem to want to come from food not vitamins in me I guess.

Menu:
B: Colby cubes and black coffee

L: Ham and Swiss roll ups

S: Probably an orange...if not cheese stick

D: Hamburger patty with mustard and Colby

S: We shall see...maybe an orange

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Emiepie
on 5/26/16 8:49 am
RNY on 08/11/14

As promised :)

Queen JB
on 5/26/16 8:53 am
RNY on 07/20/15

love!!!!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

stacyrg
on 5/26/16 9:28 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Ugh!  Why didn't you all tell me that my top is about 3 sizes to big??!!!  I want a do-over!!!

Such a great night!

Grim_Traveller
on 5/26/16 10:41 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Hey Stacy, your top is about three sizes too big.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

stacyrg
on 5/26/16 11:10 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Now you tell me!!  Too little, too late, my friend!!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 364 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 277 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 208 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?