What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

obxhatteraslight
on 5/26/16 8:03 am - baldwinsville, NY
On May 26, 2016 at 1:19 PM Pacific Time, Daisydoo02 wrote:

Yay for AV's bday!!  Hubby was very sweet to you! I love he took you shopping, wicked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Your co-workers sound very thoughtful!

I am jealous of your "big rack" I have no rack, maybe a Spice rack but gone are the days of Daisy's double Ds!! LOL LOL

QOTD: no tattoos. Hubby and I have been saying for years now that we are going to get one each... we just procrastinate... I want to design my own and I keep changing my mind, so since I keep changing my mind I don't want something permanent on me and not be sure, maybe that's a good xmas gift idea this year!

How goes CAMAW my friends, things are still awesome for me, I am not hungry and so full with the dense protein & cheese!  Tomorrow don't forget to post your photo Friday pics and tell us how you did and your thoughts on CAMAW week!

Time Since Surgery: 2 yrs & 6 mos

B:  coffee x 2 with splenda &  milk and leftover grilled chicken breast with melted jalapeño cheese on top

L: greek souvlaki chicken skewer with extra feta cheese on top

S: none

D: leftover turkey burger with melted cranberry goat cheese on top - DUDES, had this for dinner last night, it was epic good!! We ran out of eggs (hubby ate the last one for breaky yesterday) so I only had the grilled turkey burger and the cranberry goat cheese BUT it was amazing, tasted like Thanksgiving dinner in a tiny package, see photo below, seriously it was epic yummy!!!

TOTALS: 889 calories, 128 protein, 32 carbs, 53 fat

V/W: vits are done, calcium is on alarms, lots of coffee/tea/water with SF cranberry juice

E: calling for rain again and thunderstorms (all this week actually) so if the rain holds off I will do 5km run after work and then later when the sun starts to set will take the dogs for our hike, this was me and them last night

where does one find cranberry goat cheese i have a frozen  box of butterball turkey burgers that were mehhhhh boring hey a/v weggies?

Daisydoo02
on 5/26/16 8:17 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

They sell it at the deli/cheese counter where I shop, same place you would find the Brie cheese, refrigerated section. They actually had a ton of flavours and cranberry is one of my favs!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/26/16 9:22 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

If there's a Fairway market nearby you can find it there. It's the only store I know of that has such a big cheese selection. Whole Foods market might have it too, usually the pricier grocery stores have more exotic albeit expensive items. I was tempted to get the cranberry cheese myself.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

mschwab
on 5/26/16 9:12 am
RNY on 11/21/14

SPICE RACK!  Hahahahahahah.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

stacyrg
on 5/26/16 9:13 am
VSG on 05/12/14

That turkey burger looks great.  I may have to hunt down that cheese.  I'm so impressed that the dogs go off leash.  My dog is the laziest husky in the world so I could probably get away with it, but siberians are known to bolt so it gets drilled into your head "never off leash."

peachpie
on 5/26/16 6:21 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I'm here, I'm alive- I actually have a minute to jump in and post today and what a great day I made it a point to come here cause it AV's birthday!! Happy, Happy Birthday AV! Glad you are being treated well for your special day. 

QOTD- Yes- I have a tattoo- it;s the sun, on my right arm. Its the only one I have/will ever have because I keloid. One of the rays around the sun started to keloid so that stopped me from every attempting any more tattoos.

Work has me swamped- but I'm happy. Haven't been able to post much but I do read. I'm struggling a bit with my after work eating-- its where my carb intake will skyrocket. I'm taking it day by day and eliminating access to the things I'm getting too comfortable with. I'm giving myself the summer to get off 15 pounds to make it to onderland. (Yup, my losing has slowed down that much). I'm still proud of maintaining my exercise regimen despite the hectic work stuff-- I won't let them take that from me!!

Time since surgery: ~13 months

M1- 2 scrambled eggs, 1/2 c turkey suasage crumbles

M2- (6) grilled chicken wing sections/salad

M3- Yogurt/orange (wings are tiny- I need the protein boost from the yogurt)

M4- roast beef with salad

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Queen JB
on 5/26/16 8:47 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Glad things are going well! I was wondering where you've been!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

stacyrg
on 5/26/16 9:19 am
VSG on 05/12/14

You can do it, Peach!!  Glad to see you back!

life_mirrors_art
on 5/26/16 6:34 am - Canada

Good morning and happy birthday AV!

QOTD:  no tattoos, but lots of teeny freckles  :) 

B: eye of round with HP sauce

L: chicken (drum & thigh)

D: 'free from' ham w. Dijon mustard

S: yogurt, laughing cow cheese

Cal-849, protein-118

Warm and very humid here, with iffy air quality and the possibility of thunderstorms. It's time to dust off the portable air conditioner.

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

Deanna798
on 5/26/16 6:41 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Morning AV. Happy birthday, I hope you have a wonderful day!!

I am so thankful for this long weekend as a way to reset. I think that the fact that I haven't been to the gym since Monday is really adding to my crappy mood. Hubby is coming home today, his flight is booked and his flight lands at 2:40pm, so he should be home before me.

I had some stress eating last night and this morning, trying to do some damage control and get my **** together. I ate a very small bowl of Alphabits because I poured it for my 2 year old this morning and he refused to eat it. I had to pour him another different type of cereal which he didn't eat, then he insisted on bacon since I was cooking some for myself. Not one piece, he had to have two pieces. Then he hid under the table when it was time to get dressed and I had to drag him out after counting to 3 (and repeatedly asking him to come out before then). He got a whack on the bottom for that and he told me "You can't do that!" and I explained that I could do that because I am his mommy. Gah. I very rarely if ever have to lay a hand on this kid, but I will not put up with outright defiance. So glad my hubby is coming home. I didn't even want to ***** today, it was my plan to just groan, post my menu and let it go but then this all popped out.

KQOTD: I have 3 tattoos. The first one I got is on my back when I was 20 and it's terrible. The tattoo subject is terrible, the work is terrible and I really need to find an artist who is good at coverups. I won't even post a pic online it's so bad. My second tattoo is on my right thigh, it's a full color picture of a bee that measures 7x9". It's done by the same tattoo artist, and it's not a horrible piece other than the fact that it's a giant bee on my leg. It honestly has no significant meaning to me, I was young and it was done by my friends husband at their house while we were drinking. I got the tattoo for the sake of getting a tattoo. My third tattoo is a small gecko tattoo on my ankle. it was a quick flash tattoo and it's the only one that I have no bad feelings about. I can live with the bee, but I don't really love it, my back is horrible and I'd cover it in a minute, but the gecko is just kinda there and cute. I have put away about $100 for another tattoo and I'm researching local artists now to find one to do my next tattoo. I've decided on a floral tattoo to represent by my sons and my husband and I. Sweat Peas, Gladiolus and Chrysanthemums, I know the colors I want and have even found reference photos. I'm hoping to get enough money saved up before the end of the summer to get it.

almost 10 months since surgery:

B: 1/2c Alphabits w/ 1/4 2% milk, 1 egg, 2 pieces of center cut bacon, 1 slice of velveeta and coffee with cream and splenda

L: 1 can of solid white albacore with 1tsp of mayo (eating it with a spoon)

D: 2x Trader Joe's chicken sausage (if I can fit them both in)

S: light and fit greek yogurt

Totals:
Calories 728 Protein 78 carbs 34 fat 34

I'll probably have a snack this evening, but I have a little wiggle room so it should be fine. If I stay under 1000 calories and 50 to 60g of carbs a day I'm happy.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 431 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 340 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 151 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?