What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Capogirl
on 5/25/16 10:48 am

Daisy you have described my symptoms almost exactly, but mine are due to menopause.  Change of seasons could be part of too. 

karenp8
on 5/25/16 11:20 am - Brighton, IL

I've had problems sleeping ever since I had surgery. I wake up by 6 am every day regardless of what time I go to bed. But I don't feel tired so I guess my smaller healthier body just needs less sleep.

stacyrg
on 5/25/16 9:34 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Hi all.  I've been MIA this week.  Work has been crazy and my acid has been out of control, which means my menu has been a mess.  I had high hopes for CAMAW, and stick to it all day, but go off the rails a bit at night.  Sometimes the only thing that helps keep my acid at bay and the nausea that accompanies it is crackers . . . glorious carby crackers . . . so I've failed on CAMAW both days so far.  Today is another day.  I am SOOOOO looking forward to the SOCAL Meetup tonight.  Truthfully, it's the only thing that's getting me through my day.

KQOTD:  I actually have 2 for very different reasons.  My first was a cruise I took after my first year in law school.  I friend looked at me one day and said I looked like crap (thanks?) and that I needed a vacay.  She told me to tell her when I could get away, to give her my credit card and she would take care of everything (I'm a very trusting soul).  She booked a cruise to the Cayman Islands, Cozumel and New Orleans.  It was AWESOME.  I spent the first two days sitting on a lounge chair having drinks brought to me.  I actually could feel myself coming back to life, which is odd since I think I traded the blood running through my veins for vodka, rum and wine.   My second favorite was a trip I took to London and Paris.  I LOVE museums and the best day of the trip was spent at the Musee D'Orsay in Paris.  We went on two (or was it three) walking tours with one of the guides who even commented at the beginning of the last one that she was going to go over some of the same material.  We didn't care.  I was in impressionist heaven.  Our trip actually coincided with the 1 year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks and we were able to go to a memorial service at the American Cathedral in Paris on the 1-year anniversary.  It was an amazing trip.

Here is my plan:

B: ground Turkey with melted cheese, latte with fairlife milk

L: Sliced turkey meat spread with 2 wedges of laughing cow cheese

D: ?????

S: Light and Fit; dried salami and a cheese stick

My goal for the day is small . . . keep my acid in check and stay away from the crackers.

Emiepie
on 5/25/16 9:48 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Today is dragging!!! :)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

life_mirrors_art
on 5/25/16 9:50 am, edited 5/25/16 2:51 am - Canada

The crackers should be considered pain medication, which is allowable on CAMAW and CAMAW Critters. Hence, no fail.

Hope that traffic enroute to the meetup works in your favour!

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

stacyrg
on 5/25/16 9:55 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I like the way you think! 

mschwab
on 5/25/16 10:46 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Your cruise sounds amazing.  I hear you about vacation ****tails.  It is my policy never to have too much blood in my alcohol when I am on vacation.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

melissasue1982
on 5/25/16 12:40 pm
RNY on 04/06/15

Has your revision been scheduled yet, or are you still fighting with the damn insurance company?

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

stacyrg
on 5/25/16 9:51 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I just needed to share since I know you guys will understand how excited I am.  I just got an email from my surgeon's scheduler.  My revision was approved and she'll call me today to schedule a surgery date.  While I'm terrified of the conversion I'm so happy that there's a light at the end of the tunnel that I could cry.

AngryViking
on 5/25/16 9:59 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Woo!  That's awesome news!!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 381 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?