What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Kakesie
on 5/24/16 7:03 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Awwww, Gina, I LOVE the stray cow story!!!  Bless you for saving him from those awful neighbors who weren't feeding him!  I'm also sorry about the loss of your sweet dog.  Maybe it's time to adopt another homeless dog?

AngryViking
on 5/24/16 7:20 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I am LMAO @ the T-bone story.  That's the best thing I've heard today! 

NYMom222
on 5/24/16 7:24 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Love the Stray Cow.... Hahahah... So funny.

I miss my dog terribly still and it has been years.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

mamata2
on 5/24/16 7:34 am

I have a soft spot for cows (the Wisconsin girl I am) and that is a wonderfully story!  But I need to know how you know when a cow is morbidly obese?  Aren't they supposed to be fat and happy??

GinaTx
on 5/24/16 12:45 pm

You should see T-bone when I say he's fat I mean he's faaat.  His belly rolls side to side when he walks.  I swear he thinks he's a dog.  His tongue has to be 4 foot long and he just loves to lick you when you go out to the barn.  And absolutely loves to be petted.    He just waddles right behind us when we are in the pasture.  The donkey like bread so I go to the day old store and they have really old bread bagged up for people to buy and give to their animals.  I buy it and they get it for a treat but since T-bones arrival the donkey's have to be really quick eating cause he will scarf everything down before they can. LOL.

Queen JB
on 5/24/16 11:50 am
RNY on 07/20/15

That's hilarious.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Queen JB
on 5/24/16 6:57 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Going strong with CAMAW (day 3 because I started a day early!). So far so good...

B: egg, turkey kielbasa and coffee with skim

S: Parmesean cheese cross and a dried turkey stick

L: leftover steak

S: deli roast beef and cheese roll ups.

D: ?? just can't think that far in advance right now...probably turkey...

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Deanna798
on 5/24/16 7:00 am, edited 5/24/16 12:13 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Morning AV. The last two days have been crazy in the morning for me, so I get you there. I had half a work day yesterday and was running around on errands all afternoon. I called my hubby at 3 to ask him to look up the closest bank to my location, since I was in an area I wasn't familiar with and he said "Oh, by the way, I won't see you tonight I have to go to Tennessee for AT LEAST two nights". So, this is the story of my life, last minute trips for my hubby and here and I juggling and trying to take care of it all. Right now I'm not happy with all the adulting I have had to do lately, and my anxiety has really been bad.

One of the appointments I had yesterday was with my therapist and she recommended I talk to my doctor and see if he'd prescribe an antidepressant to help with the anxiety. My only experience with those drugs have not been good. Years ago during my first marriage, I was having major anxiety issues and my PCP prescribed Effexor. That drug did a number on me, so after a few weeks on that they switched me to Paxil and I still didn't feel right. I ended up stopping it on my own and never went back to the PCP to follow up. I wasn't really good at self care back then, ya know? I'm a bit scared to start something, and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on how to stop near panic attack anxiety WITHOUT drugs. My therapist recommends meditation, or doing something to remove the negative stimuli, which would probably mean having a brainectomy (I just made that up, I think). Even as I sit here today I'm having low level anxiety in my gut. I'm still consistently losing 5lbs a month, so I don't think that anything has changed, so I can't imagine it would be hormone dumping now. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

DQOTD: I get 3 weeks paid vacation, and 2 DAYS paid personal time. I also get 1 week of paid sick time and 8 hours of paid volunteer time. Next year will be my 10 years with the company and I will get an extra week of vacation, so 4 weeks in January. so far this year I've used a week in early April to decompress and we just took the kids overnight one night to the water park. Then in July we will be heading to visit my uncle in Charlotte, NC for a few days and then down to the Savannah, GA area to visit with friends for the rest of the week. I'm sure we'll hit Hilton Head or Tybee Island, we haven't planned anything specific yet. The final week I always leave open for a day here and there if I use up all my sick time or if I need a day to decompress. I don't usually take a lot of time around the holidays.

nearly 10 months since surgery

B: egg white, turkey sausage and cheese from Tim Horton's, coffee with cream and splenda.

L: 3oz chicken deli meat, 1 slice of velveeta, mayo on 1/2 a flat out

D: 3oz cod

s: 2xlight and fit greek yogurt.

totals:

calories 678 protein 89 carbs 36 fat 19

Let's talk about CAMAW... So, I'm officially bowing out this time. My hubby leaving unexpectedly again and my anxiety levels are really not conducive to going completely carb free. But, I'm MOSTLY CAMAW. My dinner last night really was just pork loin from the slow cooker with no veggies or anything else. I'm still keeping to plan and staying under 50g of carbs a day. I even resisted the chocolate covered peanut butter filled pretzels that I bought for my coworker while I was at Trader Joe's yesterday. She's munching on them in the next cubicle this morning, and I REALLY want to try one, but I will resist.

Edited to add that my 2 paid personal time is DAYS, not weeks.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Capogirl
on 5/24/16 7:06 am

I think I would be anxious if my hubby were traveling all the time too, especially since you still have a teenager and a little one and work full time. 

NYMom222
on 5/24/16 7:31 am, edited 5/24/16 12:31 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Anxiety starts in our minds and the self-talk we give ourselves. There is a lot of mental dialog going on in there. Yes, meditation is great, taking deep breaths. Personally 5 minutes listening to music, taking deep breaths and my son knew not to come near mommy...was the best for me. Sometimes in my mental dialog I need to have conversations with myself. There is the irrational thought - then there is the "no that is not true" or the "you are over reacting' dialog I need to have with myself. I also found it is important to have good friends and places like here where you can say out loud those thoughts... and it helps to diffuse them....

Edit: When you have young children it is very stressful as well as rewarding. It is exhausting. Also agree never felt 'right' or like myself on anti-depressants for the period I took them. One of the things that helped me too... sounds simplistic...was 'finding the joy in the day' whatever that was and no matter how bad the day was.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 403 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 378 views