What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Corrie33
on 5/24/16 6:37 am, edited 5/23/16 11:39 pm
RNY on 02/09/15

Hi all,

CAMAW Day 1 went so well yesterday, I already seem to have extra energy today and it was a teensie bit easier to stay away from the evil carb-cabinet while packing my meals for the day.  Yesterday I planned almost 900 cals and 107 protein's, but found I couldn't eat them all (which hasn't happened since the very early days).  I was full and satisfied at just 721 cals and 83 protein.  Can't believe I left planned foods uneated!  Okay, yeah... I'm missing my snacks a bit (almonds, SF hot chocolate before bed, Plentils/Good Thins), but this is doable!  Right?

As for QOTD - I get 4 weeks vacation and 1 week sick.  This year I had a cruise to Mexico planned in April but my Mom had a stroke and I had to cancel.  Now I take a Friday here and a Monday there to help take care of her.  She's doing better, and is such a sweetie. But I'll likely get to roll several days over to next year and we're gonna plan something BIG! 

Okay - 15 months since RNY, I'm not exactly sure what's for each meal... with all this meat and cheese I just eat what a can when I'm hungry (it's working so far).  Here's what I've packed for the day

2 oz Rst Beef

3 oz baked turkey breast

2 oz deli ham

1.5 oz pork loin leftover from last night's dinner  (soooo good!)

3 slices Lo-Fat American cheese for roll ups

BabyBel

LC cheese

.6 oz mixed FF cheddar and 2% Mexican shredded cheeses

L&F Yogurt

If I'm still hungry after work, 2 oz BBQ Ribeye steak or more pork loin

Cals (IF I eat everything, which I doubt I can...) 790, carbs 31, protein 92 - WOW!

GOAL REACHED! 170 lbs lost...

RNY: 2/9/15 (age 52), Ht-5'9" HW=304, SW=292, GW=155, LW=134, CW=147

Mo.1 -29lbs Mo.2 -18lbs Mo.3 -13lbs Mo.4 -11lbs Mo.5 - 14lbs Mo.6 - 10lbs Mo. 7 -11lbs Mo. 8 -9.4lbs

G2GAWAY
on 5/24/16 2:55 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

If I recall correctly you are in So Cal or San Diego.  A few of us are planning to get together tomorrow night in Costa Mesa.  Let me know if you want the info.  Emiepie is coming down for work so we are trying to do a meet and greet with anyone in the area.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

stacyrg
on 5/24/16 4:19 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

I"m going to do my best to get there, traffic permitting.  I'm coming down from LA

G2GAWAY
on 5/24/16 7:36 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

I hope you make it. I will be driving to the OC from work in San Bernardino. Traffic sucks from everywhere, but I will make it!

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Emiepie
on 5/24/16 6:49 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good morning! At the airport waiting for my flight, I waited longer to check my bag than I will be in the air Haha! Not sure of my menu yet but I have my latte and bars, trail mix and jerky if needed. Got my exercise in and water and vits started. Hope everyone has a great day.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Queen JB
on 5/24/16 11:46 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Safe travels!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Emiepie
on 5/24/16 6:42 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Thanks! It was a crazy busy day and now I'm trying to iron my clothes for the rest of the week. 

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

chassibi
on 5/24/16 6:50 am

Good morning everyone! I just wanted to say, I was in a funk about my job a couple of months ago, but I'm feeling much more optimistic about it now. Thanks to everyone who told me to just stick it out, it was the right call. I have enough changes going on mentally and physically without adding on the stress of a new job.

So yesterday I threw up. It was totally my fault. I came home from work and was famished, so ate a hard boiled egg. I was walking through the house, changing clothes and telling the kids what to do (pick up your backpack, take the dog out, etc), and ate it much too quickly. I don't think I chewed it enough either. I knew IMMEDIATELY. Not really pain, but that same feeling I had with the band, like I knew it was coming back up. It was a good reminder for me and I took it easy the rest of the night, had cottage cheese for dinner instead of the turkey meatloaf I had planned.

QOTD: I get about 5 weeks of vacation a year plus the holidays because I'm a federal employee. It's pretty great. My next time off will be the week of July 4th. I don't know what we're doing, but I do want to go out of town for a couple of nights.

B- refried beans with cheddar and salsa

S- 1/2 triple zero yogurt, chocolate (yum)

L- ham and cheese roll up, pickles

D- turkey meatloaf

Totals: cals-855; protein-61; carbs-32; fat-35 (kind of high on the calories today, but I'm going to have to go with it).

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

Queen JB
on 5/24/16 11:48 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Glad things are going better for you at work!

Sorry about throwing up. We've all been there... It's just your reminder to slow down and not multitask while you eat. Mindful eating can be the hardest part but it's so important!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

GinaTx
on 5/24/16 6:55 am

Morning,  hope everyone is having a good day.  It was my birthday Sunday so yesterday one of my doctors bought Chinese to celebrate and someone else brought a pie then today one of the guys had his wife make me brownies WTF..... I appreciate it but does it have to be sugar and high sodium stuff.  lol.  oh well.  Tomorrows another day.

QOTD #1-- Vacation I get 5 weeks a year.  I'm going to Branson Friday for a week, in September I take 2 weeks and then 1 week in December and then I just use the last week a day here and a day there.  I will be off the Friday before July 4 and the Tuesday after the 4th.  We can carry over 685 hours every year and I am maxed out so I have to take my 5 weeks every year.  I am very careful about my annual leave.  Everybody makes fun of me for not dipping into my 685 carry over but when I retire in 4 years they will pay me for all of that time so I always try to keep my balance of 685 hours.

QOTD #2--No kids and have had many dogs over the years my last one passed away 2 months ago.  It was very hard she was a stray that came up and I kept trying to run her off but she wouldn't go.  She was the best dog absolutely amazing.  I miss her terribly.  I have 4 donkeys and a stray cow,  Yep I said a stray cow.  Went out to the pasture one day and this cow was at my barn  he was so skinny.  turns out he was my neighbors and they never fed him.  I didn't want another animal so I told the owners to come and get him they did but he somehow kept coming back into my pasture despite the fence. Over and over again I would run him out of my pasture and he would somehow get back in. So finally they told me they didn't want him that I could keep him.  His name is T-bone and he is now morbidly obese.  Never did figure out how he got in cause I had no breaks in my fence.  

I think there is a sign in front of my house that says SUCKER LIVES HERE--she will feed you and take you to the vet.

B-premier protein and brownie (darn it)

s-cheese

L-chicken

s-yogurt

D-chicken again

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 403 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 380 views