What's on your (Photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

stacyrg
on 5/20/16 9:29 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Great NSV!  I did the same thing.  I ran my first 1/2 marathon 2 days before my 1 year surgiversary.  Waiting to start, I looked around and realized no one was paying attention to me, pointing at me, giving me the pity look or wondering "how the hell is she going to get through this"  I started to cry.  

stacyrg
on 5/20/16 9:03 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning and happy friday!  10 more hours and I'm home free . . . except I have to work this weekend .  Tomorrow I'm doing a 5k Color Run with my running partner and her 8 year old daughter.  The 8 year old is already starting with "my leg hurts" "how far do I have to go?" etc., etc. etc.  We told her that she better not hold us back and that we would just leave her and see her at the finish (not really, but it was kinda fun to threaten her . . . )  She ran (walked) her first 5k with us last December and we're hoping to beat our time.  The 8 year old is much more interested in the matching outfits we're all wearing, and pouting because her shirt doesn't have thumb holes, than actually running the race. Hope it goes OK.

I'm looking forward to CAMAW-Critter next week.  I need the carb detox.  I'm having more foo funerals waiting for my conversion surgery than I did before my sleeve.  My surgeon would kill me if he knew what I'm doing and he'll be very upset if I gain anymore weight before surgery.  

DQOTD - Without a doubt running 5 half marathons in the two years since surgery.  I never thought I'd run to the end of the block, but somehow in all of this, I became a runner.  It still makes me shake my head in amazement.

Here's my plan:

B: 2 eggs, cheese (I had planned to add a slice of ham, but there was none left in the fridge . . .  hmmmmm how did that happen??

L: chicken thighs (4.2 oz) and edamame

D: ????????  I'm thinking skirt steak from a great Argentinian restaurant near me.  The problem is avoiding the sides that come with it!

S: Light and Fit, latte with 4 oz fairlife milk (I've had a carb heavy snack every night, and i'm hoping to break that cycle tonight.  I CANNOT gain weight)

Totals: Cal: 824; Protein: 92g; Fat: 40g; Carbs 18g

Have a great weekend!

Nicole K.
on 5/20/16 11:12 am - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

So glad this week is over.  Argh.  That's all I'm saying.

QOTD: I'm not that far out, but I noticed the other day I can't have the car seat pushed all the way back and reach the pedals anymore.  I used to always have to, or else the seat belt wouldn't fit and my gut would hit the steering wheel.  That sounds dumb, I know, but I was like, "Wow, I actually have to pull the seat UP now!"

B: I ate some popcorn.  No butter or anything, but yeah. Popcorn.  At least I'm honest.

L: smoked turkey and a boiled egg

D: no clue.  probably nothing.

2/15/2016: 69 pounds heavier, with a nice neck IV

5/14/2016 less 69 pounds in an equally hideous dress (that is also falling off)

Nicole 

RNY on 2/12/2016 with Dr. Kent Sasse

First consultation weight: 309  Goal weight: 150

Deanna798
on 5/20/16 11:19 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Uggh, I had to scroll past that neck IV, made me shudder, lol.  Nice pics (other than the IV jammed into your neck, ack!)

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Emiepie
on 5/20/16 12:12 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Great job so far! you're doing awesome!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

monkam
on 5/20/16 5:54 pm
RNY on 02/16/15

You make me laugh every day. All of y'all do actually. Thanks!

G2GAWAY
on 5/20/16 12:05 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

Favorite NSV....There are so many.  I echo many of the thoughts already posted today.  I travel a lot, so airplane seatbelts are a big deal.  I know I posted this before, but here it is again.  I have several trips (both work and personal) coming up in the next few months and just about everything associated with travel is easier now.

Also, the other NSV has been that although I am not technically in the "normal" range yet, I feel relatively normal. I am not the biggest person in the room or the group photo.  I have spent much of my life being the outlier in the group.

For my photo....As we become adults, we don't often get recognized for things, and I haven't shared this anywhere else, so this is probably a good safe place to do it.  But really, this ties to my NSV too.  We had our Award for Excellence ceremony last week and out of 20,000+ employees, they awarded around 40 awards (one per department). I was recognized for my department.  So, while I didn't want to make a big deal about it, it was pretty exciting.  The NSV part of the whole thing is that that they sent me the picture yesterday and I think of our CEO as a very thin person and in the past I would have dwarfed him in the photo. I don't feel that way anymore.  It was kind of shocking (but in a good way) to see in the photo. 

Heading to some weird Caribbean food place for a work birthday lunch.  I perused the menu and it looks like there is chicken and seafood on the menu to choose from, so I'm hopeful there will be a good choice.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

G2GAWAY
on 5/20/16 12:06 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

Why do my pictures post so large?  Is there something I need to do differently?

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Emiepie
on 5/20/16 12:11 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

You're doing so great!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

mschwab
on 5/20/16 1:19 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

Congratulations on your award, and on your success.  You look fantastic!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 405 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 383 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 379 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 191 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?