If you have some doubt....

Jenn C.
on 5/17/16 6:24 am - Naugatuck, CT
RNY on 10/21/13

Hey everyone...it's been quite awhile since I've logged on here but I figured I check it! Life has been good since my RNY. I feel great, my health is doing pretty good...actually MUCH better than pre-op!

I wanted to share with anyone that is having doubts about getting WLS, *****cently had it or has had it awhile ago. Remember that WLS is a tool and it is up to YOU to utilize it the best way possible. It is not easy and there will be days that you question why the hell you did it in the first place. I know I do often! I tend to beat myself up about allowing myself to get as heavy and unhealthy as I was especially at such a young age. I celebrated my 30th birthday this Saturday and I have been thinking about how blessed I am that I am able to not have to wake up and pray that my glucose reading isn't high, I feel more refreshed because I am not struggling to breathe in my sleep and my liver doesn't hurt because of how enlarged it was,etc. I can RUN with my son, RUN up the stairs and FIT IN CHAIRS!!!!!! Oh and I don't need a seatbelt extender on the plane or have to worry that they will make me buy another seat haha! 

I can go on forever but whoever reads this just know that YOU CAN DO THIS and regardless of what people say or think, what matters most is that YOU ARE HEALTHY! Looks are fleeting, they are not forever but this body we live in needs to last us til it's time for us to go! I hope everyone has a wonderful, positive day

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

Kaitegirl424
on 5/17/16 10:16 am
RNY on 05/06/16

Thank you, 

I had my surgery on May 6th. I have been my own biggest advocate in regards to this experience. I have been super positive and excited about what is to come, telling my friends and family why I have made this decision and how it will benefit me for the rest of my life. I know all these things... and yet, today was the first day that I had the thought, did I make a horrible mistake? 

People are telling me that I look great! They can see the changes already, I smile and say thank you, but I feel weak and tired. I have three kids and I love playing with them, taking them to the park, swimming and doing crafts and it seems all I say to them lately is "No. Mommy's too tired, Mommy is recovering." They are young and don't really understand. I feel awful. I am frustrated that I can't give them the best of me right now. I don't have as much patience or energy and I am FRUSTRATED. It has been 11 days since my surgery. I know things will get better, and that this is only the beginning, but it is a hard stage to be in. 

I want to eat real food again, I want to have energy again, I just want to feel like me. 

I logged on to the site hoping for something to drag me out of this funk and the first post I see was your encouraging words about doubt. 

Thank you for your post. And I can't wait to look back on this time and encourage someone else in my position. 

G2GAWAY
on 5/17/16 8:52 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

You are recovering from major surgery. You will be tired.  Don't worry, it will get better each day.  At around 6-1/2 weeks from surgery, I suddenly had energy again.  Up until that point, I barely made it through work and took a nap when I got home. Then had no problem going to sleep at night. You will get through it. Don't rush the food. Do what the doctor has advised.  The one thing that did help me with energy and protein was beef jerky.  The doctor suggested it in the mushy food stage because I was so tired. I ate little pieces and chewed it into almost a paste.  Only a little at a time, but it made a huge difference.  IT WILL GET BETTER.  I only wish I had done this years ago!

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

sheriberi29
on 5/17/16 10:39 am - Cleveland, TN

Thank you for taking the time to post this. I had my lapband revision to rny may3..... Long story short. I needed to read this post today as I'm feeling a little weepy and sorry for myself , silly I guess . Maybe it's bc I'm a little hormonal too. But I'm glad to read your encouraging words as I sip on my protein shake 

Banded 6/9/09 HW 242 LW 142 Revision 198 m 1 loss 16 lbs 182. M 2 loss 4 lbs 178. M3 loss 6 lbs 174.m4 loss 4 lbs 168. M5 gain 2 lbs 170. M6 loss 7 lbs 163 M7 loss 5 lbs 159 M8 loss 1 lb 158 M9 loss 0 M10 155 loss 3 M11 154 loss 1 M12 loss 2 152 M13 loss 3 149 M16, 17 0 loss M 18 loss 4 lbs 145 (18 months 53 lbs)

kokosuggs
on 5/17/16 12:51 pm

I had my RNY over a year ago..The BEST thing I could have done!  Hang in there girls..Life is SO much better on the losing bench. All of the things I can now do..I even started a new job & don't have to be embarrassed about my size. Im more outgoing now than my 23 yr old daughter :)    continue to check in here & read all of the positive  posts.....It's amazing how you will feel soon :)

RNY 1/19/15   SW 238  CW 169 GW ??

karenp8
on 5/17/16 2:45 pm - Brighton, IL

Just wanted to reassure you newbies that it does get better. You will not feel like yourself but like a better version of yourself. I had been overweight or obese my whole life even as a child and weighed 272 when I had my surgery 31/2 years ago. I wore a tight size 26 and had diabetes,high cholesterol,high triglycerides and uncontrolled high blood pressure  on three pills. I was out of breath going down my basement steps and spent much of my time at home. I would go to flea markets with my family and sit on a bench. I told my loved ones I liked to watch people,but in reality I didn't want to slow my family down. I lost 150 pounds in about 8 months and have weighed 120 to 123 ever since then. I stick to my plan and exercise just about every day and no longer take meds for diabetes or cholesterol. My blood work is perfect and my blood pressure is perfect on one low dose pill. Now I live life instead of sitting on the sidelines and am thankful everyday for my surgery. I promise you will be too! Hang in there! Better times are coming!

Kaitegirl424
on 5/17/16 3:24 pm
RNY on 05/06/16

That's amazing!! Congratulations on your success and thank you for the inspiraition ?

karenp8
on 5/17/16 3:25 pm - Brighton, IL

Oh and I forgot. I now wear a size 0 or 1 and walk 4 to 5 miles every day just for fun! I love my new active life!

sheriberi29
on 5/17/16 3:24 pm - Cleveland, TN

Wow ! That's awesome 

Banded 6/9/09 HW 242 LW 142 Revision 198 m 1 loss 16 lbs 182. M 2 loss 4 lbs 178. M3 loss 6 lbs 174.m4 loss 4 lbs 168. M5 gain 2 lbs 170. M6 loss 7 lbs 163 M7 loss 5 lbs 159 M8 loss 1 lb 158 M9 loss 0 M10 155 loss 3 M11 154 loss 1 M12 loss 2 152 M13 loss 3 149 M16, 17 0 loss M 18 loss 4 lbs 145 (18 months 53 lbs)

z_m14
on 5/17/16 5:24 pm
RNY on 07/05/16

Thanks for posting this. Some days I feel like the surgery day will never come, but then I remember that it will come eventually, and I'll be so happy I did it.

I'm almost 21, and I'm at a very unhealthy weight. I don't want to have a heart attack at 30. This process is long and arduous, but it's worth it!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 381 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 378 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 191 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?