Why your spouse is the best? time to sing the praises

Dee R.
on 5/13/16 11:27 am - CA

Sounds like you all have terrific hubby's!!  Mine is awesome as well.  He's been my biggest cheerleader!!  And he tells me daily how proud he is of me for working so hard to get healthier.  Deanna, mine said the same thing about plastics.  He's more than willing to take out a loan so I can have it when I'm ready.  LOVE that man!!!!

P.S.  I may be at the conference too!  It would be silly not to.  I only live a few miles from there! 

Deanna798
on 5/13/16 12:19 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

How awesome.  I swear, there are good men out there!  

I'm excited that I might get to see you at the Conference!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

robinreinhardt
on 5/13/16 12:22 pm

Deanna,

Thanks for the great post. My husband always puts me first as well. He loved me at 260 and still loves me at 147. I feel so blessed.

Emiepie
on 5/13/16 12:58 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

What a great thread to start! I don't give my hubby enough kudos. He is always supportive and loving no matter what. He gives me encouragement and challenges me at the same time. He is the best daddy to Em, I couldn't ask for any better :)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

birdiegirl
on 5/13/16 2:08 pm

My husband did 3 weeks of optifast with me.  Also told me the night before surgery that the surgery was because I wanted it, that he would take me any way he could get me.

yeah, he's a keeper 

G2GAWAY
on 5/13/16 9:12 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

I've been married to my husband for 32 years.  He supports me in all that I do. He still drives me crazy lots of the time, because let's face it, he is a man after all. He is always my biggest cheerleader and excited for my success for my sake, not because he wanted me to lose weight or anything. Eventually I will get plastics and while he feels surgery is a risk (wasn't a fan of my RNY surgery because of the risk, but supported me any way), he is supportive of me doing it if it will make me feel better.  We have fraternal twin daughters who are 22 years old, have graduated from college, and have full time jobs. The last one just left the next and moved an hour and a half away, and the other one is about 7 hours away, so it's a good thing I like my hubby.

On another note, I see some of you are coming to Anaheim for the conference. I will not be able to make it because I have tickets to the Route 91 Country Weekend/Concerts in Las Vegas with my family.  However, if you are arriving earlier in the week or staying any extra days, maybe we can plan to meet up and say hello.  I am about an hour away from Anaheim. It may be a challenge because I am also leaving on a 2 week trip right after that weekend, but I'm willing to try to make it happen.  Let me know.

Cory

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Sunqueen15
on 5/14/16 9:39 pm
RNY on 03/21/16

I love love love this!! I posted my own topic the other day, praising my boyfriend... I live for the day to call him my spouse! We have been friends since 15 years old. I've always found him physically attractive and compared everyone to him. When we both divorced 3 years ago, we leaned on each other for support. To be quite honest, we were so unhappy in those relationships we didn't do much crying to each other. We always had fun and great conversation. We always tell one another we are each other's "happy place". I got this surgery for many reasons... myself, my kids, and the dream that some day I can wear a beautiful gown and marry my best friend while feeling beautiful. I love that a couple of you mentioned "getting boobs"! lol my guy was not for RNY at first because he truly felt like I didn't need it, but he is so supportive and happy with my results so far. Although, he never believed in fake boobs, he isn't arguing when I say I'll be buying new ones when these go! I can't say enough good things about this man... he treats my two boys like his own, loves us unconditionally, and does ANYTHING to make me happy. (Even if its dreaded chores). 

Kuddos to all the supportive fellas out there, married or not... we all need that rock to lean on when the going gets tough, and we're lucky to be able to look upon them and have something to smile about! Great post Deanna 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 432 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 394 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 161 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?