Why your spouse is the best? time to sing the praises

Deanna798
on 5/13/16 7:56 am
RNY on 08/04/15

So, I have to brag about how awesome my hubby is. I know a lot of you guys have heard me sing his praises, and I don't want to go on and on about how great he is, but he just seriously outdid himself yesterday.

First, he pushed me to go to the OH conference later this year and even booked my flight and hotel for me.

He's been travelling a lot in the last few weeks and is pretty damn exhausted all the time. Yesterday morning he was up at 5 and at the gym, then came home and took care of the kid while I got ready for work. He works from the house and he didn't have anything specific for the day, so he was basically on call and doing some catch up admin work. He called me at around noon to ask me if I would rather have him drive out to another state yesterday and have to stay the night, but he'd be home this afternoon around noon. Or, he could leave early this morning and just have a long work day and be back about 7 or 8pm. I told him that I'd like him home last night since I missed him a lot. he agreed and we went about our days.

So, when I got home from work last night my lawn was mowed! I had mowed the front last Friday but didn't get a chance to mow the back because we had been so busy. Also, when I went in the house my kitchen and family room were clean, laundry was done and food was pulled out on the counter for dinner. He apologized for not being able to scrub the kitchen floor because he ran out of time. you see, the vacuum cleaner broker and he had to run to Sears to buy a new one. He apologized for not scrubbing the floor!?!?

My husband is the kindest, sweetest, most giving man I have ever met in my entire life. I feel guilty because I take him for granted sometimes, and I know how very lucky I am to have this man in my life. He works hard to support us and does more than his share of work around the house as well. I need to give his mother a big kiss because she surely did something right when she raised this man.

Okay everyone, please tell me why your significant other is the best for you?

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

chassibi
on 5/13/16 8:22 am

My husband puts me first all the time. He puts up with my crazy ideas and even helps me make some of them happen. Last night I was a little sad, said I really hoped I didn't lose my boobs when I lost a lot of weight. He has always been adamantly against plastics because he loves me the way I am, but then said: maybe we could get you a boob job if you wanted one and lost all yours. I could've just kissed him right then haha. 

There re are a ton of reasons why my husband is great, but this little thing made me happy yesterday. 

Deanna--thanks for starting this. It's so important to remember that we aren't the only ones on this crazy journey  

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

Deanna798
on 5/13/16 8:34 am
RNY on 08/04/15

My hubby tells me that we will find a way to make plastics happen if that is what will make me happy.  Your hubby sounds terrific!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

MonaLisaSmile
on 5/13/16 9:40 am - Canada

Sounds like you definitely have  a KEEPER there !!!!!  I have no complaints with my hubby either.  Just words of encouragement and support everyday.    We are VERY lucky!!!  Cant imagine going thru this process with someone that gives you a hard time.

If you are referring  to the OH conf. in Anaheim, guess I will see you there.  I'm surprising my DH by taking him (he doesn't know it yet though...SHHHHHH)

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Deanna798
on 5/13/16 9:43 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Oh, so exciting!  It will be nice to meet lots of people from the forums.  I'm already starting to think of a costume for Friday night.  

mschwab
on 5/13/16 9:54 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Does your husband have a single brother?

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Deanna798
on 5/13/16 10:03 am
RNY on 08/04/15

He's the oldest of 4 children, but he's got 3 younger sisters.  

But, this is what I think might work as it worked for me: go for the actual nice guy.  You know the guy, the one that is always the friend who's shoulder you would have cried on, but never would have dated.  My husband and I have talked about it and both agree that we would have hated each other in our teens and twenties.  He was a goody goody and I was a party girl.  Now the goody goody is so attractive to me after being treated like crap by the bad boys of my younger years.  

We met in our early 30's when we were both looking to settle down and it worked!

Heather P.
on 5/13/16 10:14 am

I have to say I lucked out in the spouse department.  He has always loved me exactly how I am no matter what size, but he has been soooooo supportive about my surgery and my diet.  Last week after rambling on about my exercise and my diet for several minutes (as I always do) I asked him if he was getting tired of hearing me go on and on about it.  He just said "nope, I get tired of hearing Frank at work talk about his life, but I won't get tired of hearing you talk"......AWWWWW!!!   It melted my heart.  He also has been pretty good about not eating things around me that I can't have.  For instance, we went to the movies a couple weeks ago and I told him I really would not want him to have popcorn right next to me and he said that was no problem.  He asked if he could have M&Ms (knowing I have never liked them) and I said yes, and he still tried to hide them from me in the  movies and only ate when I wasn't looking, lol.   

Also, for Mother's day this year he bought my a bike rack to put on the hitch so we can take the bikes out to a park every weekend and go bike riding!

I love him so much!  

Ht 5'7" HW 406, SW 361

RNY 3/28/16

Deanna798
on 5/13/16 12:18 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

Your hubby sounds awesome!  Mine is pretty good with that kinda stuff, and has actually used my surgery as motivation for him to get himself together as well.  He is obese and type 2 diabetic, but since I have had surgery he's started working out, eating better and has lost over 35lbs.  

Heather P.
on 5/13/16 2:50 pm

How awesome!  Mine has lost a little weight too :)

Ht 5'7" HW 406, SW 361

RNY 3/28/16

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 381 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 378 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?