What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

NYMom222
on 5/6/16 6:13 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Quick drive by today. So still 10lbs up. Boo...damn water weight. Doc says 'normal' Cynthia says "I don't like it" Doing a quick walmart/target shopping trip before my friend leaves for the airport. Overnight the painkillers wear off And I feel like I got hit by a truck, in my boobs...LOL...

QOTD: 1970 VW fasrback in baby blue..... engine under the trunk floor...

Food no idea, mostly protein drinks, lemon water, and maybe a steak....

Exercise? walking while shopping...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

karenp8
on 5/6/16 6:22 am - Brighton, IL

At least you have boobs. Mine haven't been seen for about three years!

Daisydoo02
on 5/6/16 10:46 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Right there with you Karen, I look like a 12 year old boy I am so flat chested.  A good bra does wonders for how I look in clothing though, its the "illusion" of having nice boobs LOL LOL

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Deanna798
on 5/6/16 6:19 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Good morning AV. I'm so jealous of your win from Premier Protein! JELLY! Anyway, I had an okay day yesterday. I got a call yesterday afternoon for an interview at a local shop that I would love to work at, but honestly I don't think they will be able to pay me enough to allow me to leave my job. I have an interview for Monday afternoon, but I think this is making me reevaluate my desire to leave my job. I know I won't make as much money if I leave, and maybe I should just change my mindset and stop hating my job so much. I'll have to talk to my hubby tonight about it, because taking a large paycut is going to really cut into my shopping lifestyle. So much to think about.

QOTD: My first car was a 1980 Plymouth Volare. I bought it from my uncle for $300 when I was 17 years old. It was a beast. I did a little internet search and came up with this picture of one in the exact same color, in about the same condition that it was in when I got it. The car was a solid hunk of metal and had really loose suspension, so if I went over a bump it looked like I was sailing down a river, lol. My friend and I piled into that heap and had such a good time with it. I ended up selling it to my stepdad for $150 after a few years because I just couldn't maintain it and it kept breaking down. He drove it for a few years and sold it back to me again and then I drove it for 2 years and ran it into the ground. It got towed by the city of Detroit when I left it parked on the street when I lived downtown. I never went to claim it, so I'm sure it got scrapped or auctioned or whatever.

Picks this week:

My work has it's priorities screwed up. So, we really need another employee, but since they won't do that they gave me 2 brand new 27" monitors so I can see my spreadsheets better. Before and After pic. The new Monitors are actually higher than my cubicle!

My next picture is a "before" picture. I had already started my pre-op process and had lost a little from my high weight. This picture was taken at my sis in laws wedding on May 30, 2015. She is Muslim and we were in the Mosque. It was a beautiful ceremony that I listened to over the speakers while my little one ran screaming though the halls. He was so wound up I had to take him outside so he wouldn't disturb everyone.

This last one is me this morning, sans makeup in a hoddie and my hair a mess. This is another reason that I am reconsidering leaving my job. I work in an office that is business casual, and I don't wear jeans except on Friday, but I don't wear makeup or do much with myself either most of the time. As long as I don't stink and am not visably dirty, they don't really ever say anything. My boss will tell us if we have a client or visitor coming in and then she'll say "everyone, wear your prom dresses!" lol. it's strange that I'm feeling such affection for my coworkers today. Gotta consult Freud on this one I think.

On to my food:

9 months since surgery and my weight is hovering at 170lbs. I need one more to get out of the obese BMI, grrrr

B: 1 egg omelet with onions and velveeta, and one slice of bacon. Coffee with cream and splenda

L: 2.4oz honey ham,1 slice of bacon and 1 slice velveeta with mayo on half a light flat out wrap and a dill pickle spear

D: 3oz backed cod with a bit of parmesan cheese and canned green beans

S: Light and Fit Greek Pineapple yogurt, and chai tea with half a scoop of Quest Vanilla Milkshake

Totals

Calories 656 Protein 78 carbs 32 fat 27

I know Daisy and some of the others were talking about doing another meat challenge. I'm totally up for it, I've kinda let my carbs creep up in the last week and I need to reset again. If it's planned, I'm in.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

karenp8
on 5/6/16 6:25 am - Brighton, IL

Wow! You have come so far Deanna! You are doing great!

Emiepie
on 5/6/16 6:46 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I don't think I could do my job without my dual monitors, I think mine are "only" 21 inch though. You have come so far-great job and keep up the good work. I was thinking about you yesterday and  your struggle at work and was wondering if there was a new task or position that you could do? Sometimes I find changing things a bit might spark a fire that's hiding in there. Just my two-cents and hope you don't mind me sharing :)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Deanna798
on 5/6/16 7:02 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Unfortunately,  my job is very specializedifficult, and I wouldn't want to transfer to the other departments here because if you asked anyone else,  they'd say I have a sweet gig compared,  lol. 

I think that's why I really need to reevaluate my feelings.  I think I might just need to talk to my hubby and then have a heart to heart with my boss about how I'm feeling.  I've worked with her for 10 years and consider her a friend.  I just have this flight instinct that is really strong in me...

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Emiepie
on 5/6/16 7:21 am
RNY on 08/11/14

That's awesome that you can have a talk with your boss (and hubby too!) Good luck!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

melissasue1982
on 5/6/16 8:18 am
RNY on 04/06/15

For YEARS I have hated my job!!  And in the past few months I have really tried to stop saying how much I hate it, and just DEAL WITH IT.  I mean every job has its bad points!  I try and think of the "good" that comes from my job when I am starting to get frustrated!

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

RNY_elizabeth
on 5/6/16 8:38 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

I my practice I always tell people not to make any other big changes or decisions within the first year of a major life event.  This surgery is a major life event and holding off on making other big changes might be a good plan. Lots of folks have one big thing happen and then in that stressed situation make other choices without realizing they aren't really themselves.  Post WLS --- divorce rates go up, job changes, selling a home, etc. I wonder how you will feel about it in a few more months. 

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 435 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 166 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?