What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Deanna798
on 5/5/16 10:34 am
RNY on 08/04/15

If you plan it, they'll eat the meat. (that should sound like Field of Dreams)

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

melissasue1982
on 5/5/16 8:02 am
RNY on 04/06/15

My husband an 13 yr old daughter are having a really hard time with their allergies right now!  Even after the days of rain we have had!  NO FUN

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Capogirl
on 5/5/16 8:45 am

My allergies have been acting up, everyone in my office is having issues the last couple of weeks.

stacyrg
on 5/5/16 9:34 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I'm up for another challenge!  Bring it on!  As for allergies, I agree!  I had a Dr. appt. last week and she told me it was going to be a bad allergy season.  She also said that she thought my cough, that my surgeon thought was caused by acid, was actually allergies.  So, she put me on daily claritin and Flonase.  So far, it hasn't made a difference for my acid.  But, the Flonase seems to be helping, particularly with my watery eyes.  

As far as my poor dog.  His allergies are going crazy.  He has food allergies and environmental allergies.  I feel so bad . . . he eats a really high quality dog food and I'm good at checking labels to make sure his food has no chicken or corn.  Apparently, the food he was eating was reformulated and it now has chicken fat in it.  I didn't know it and he ate a full bag.  His poor skin exploded!  His fur is falling out in clumps, his eyes are gooey and he's licking his legs raw.  We went to the vet on Monday and he's now on allergy medicine (the stuff is AMAZING . . . it's called Apoquel and it stops his itch with the first dose.  If you can get it, Daisy you should) and antibiotics.  Hope the furkids feel better soon!

Daisydoo02
on 5/5/16 10:23 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I COULD HUG YOU RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!   

Sorry about your allergies too, but again glad its not just me, thought I was going crazy!  Glad the Flonase is giving you some relief.  But girl you NEED to get that acid stuff looked after!!!  How is the med schedule and all the new meds working, I hope you are getting some relief!  

Everything your wrote about your dog is EXACTLY my two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also feed them a very high quality expensive dog food.  We also avoid chicken, wheat, corn & soy.  Our dog food formula was recently changed as well (we got not notice) and my two were dropping CHUNKS of fur all over.  It was so bad I got scared like they were poisoned or something.  Then my black one developed these sores all over his groin and inside his ears and all over his body actually but his groin & ears were bad.  They were like big pimples that had already popped or something.  Anyways this all happened last summer and after about six trips to the vet, and a change of dog food we figured it out it was just all allergies!!!!!!!! He was put on a Steroid, Vanectyl P and it worked like a charm. Since we didn't want him on steroids long term we only gave it to him for the summer but it was really really bad. As you know I take the dogs out daily and so the Vet even said with pesticides and crap everywhere do actually wipe the dogs down after every walk to get the environmental crap off them and all the pollen from the trees and stuff. SOOOOO weird you mentioned Apoquel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  My best girlfriend at work has two Border Collies and one blond lab. The lab suffers terribly from bad bad allergies, like your boy she licks her paws and legs raw.  So her and I were chatting on Tuesday at the conference we were at she goes OMG I was just at the vet for Lucy (the dog) and the vet gave me this new wonder drug for dog allergies its called Apoquel and its like a miracle!  So yes we can get it here in Canada, its stupid expensive like $300 for the first dose and it is in such high demand here in Canada that she was telling me that apparently last year we "ran out" and you could not even get it here the drug company could not keep up with the demand. So what a small world eh!!  I am so going to look into it when I go to the vet in two weeks. Does anyone there use an Online Pet Pharmacy? Might be cheaper to get it on there.  I also signed up for an "American" mail box so I can receive US things from US retailers and Amazon.com (some products on their site are restricted to not ship to Canada). So glad to hear your boy is better on the Apoquel, I have heard so many good things about this!!!!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

life_mirrors_art
on 5/5/16 6:36 am, edited 5/4/16 11:44 pm - Canada

Good morning! QOTD: I will (soon) be wearing my usual work-from-home outfit of nice black yoga pants or black jeans and a 3/4 sleeve top - comfy, but okay for wearing outside in the real world to run errands and walk the dogs. If I go into town, I add a jacket and some casual bling or a scarf to elevate the outfit.

B: roast beef

L: salmon and avocado

D: making a pot roast in the slow cooker. The house will smell good all day.

Ss: HB egg, chicken nibblers

Edited to add: Cal-880, protein-107

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

Deanna798
on 5/5/16 6:40 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Morning AV. That sucks about your hubby having surgery. My hubby has been having issues with his hands off and on, and the surgeon he consulted said it was directly related to his diabetes. He's made so many changes since then and has lost nearly 40lbs by changing his diet. His hands got better for a little while, but just in the last few weeks are getting bad again. I looked at them yesterday and they are swollen and red. I have a feeling he will be having surgery this year.

I'm at work... not happy about it, but I have adulting to do and as much as I'd love to just walk away I'm here and sticking it out until I can leave responsibly. So I'm here to make a buck. My hubby and I sat down yesterday and did the math to try to figure out how much money I have to make at a new job to contribute to the household. It's pretty promising, I don't think I'll have a problem finding something. But we decided I need to have some dental work done and my son needs his wisdom teeth out before I leave. We carry dual dental insurance and basically pay nothing out of pocket. That will end when I do go.

QOTD: I feel cute today. I'm dressed pretty conservatively in a cream top with yellow flowers and a khaki cardigan and I'm wearing a pair of tan cords and black ballet flats (not the ones my kid peed in). I hate that I don't have access to a full length mirror anywhere. Even here at work the only mirror is a small one above the bathroom sink, so I can only get from my chest down. How awkward would it be to ask a co-worker to take a picture of me? lol.

My scale is mocking me this morning. Yesterday I was 1.2lbs away from being not obese anymore, and this morning I am 1.4lbs away. I know it'll come off but I'm in that place where you stair step and I'm standing still on the stairs. Come on, just a little bit more.

That being said, my hubby flew out to Memphis today. He left the house at 4:30am, and he accidentally woke the 2 year old while he was leaving. I ran and got him and brought him in my bed to snuggle. I was so afraid he'd just stay up, but lucky me he fell back to sleep and slept with me until the alarm went off at 6. Glorious Sleep! Anyway, tonight there is a meeting with my son's Spanish teacher to go over things for his upcoming trip to Ecuador. It's Cinco de Mayo and she's ordering a bunch of food from a local Mexican restaurant. Is it wrong that I'm really excited about eating yummy fajita meat with guacamole and that I don't actually have to cook tonight?

Here's my menu for the day:

Yesterday was my 9 month surgiversary

B: half of an egg white, turkey sausage and cheese muffin. Coffee with cream and splenda

L: 2.4oz of ham with a slice of velveeta and mayo on half a flat out light wrap with a dill pickle spear

D: Fajita meat, maybe some refried beans and quacamole. NOMNOMNOM

S: Light and fit greek yogurt, 1/2 scoop of Quest vanilla in Chai Tea

totals:

Calories 762 protein 74 carbs 55 (yuck) fat 29

Thank goodness I brought a scoop of quest with me this morning because I would be under protein goal if I don't have it this afternoon.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

mschwab
on 5/5/16 7:59 am, edited 5/5/16 12:58 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Deanna, I thought about you the other day.  I was driving near my house and saw that Big Ass Sandwiches has moved into a bricks and mortar space about a mile from where I live. I thought, "hey, that's the place that Deanna recommended."  Now that it is in the 'hood, I will def try it.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

melissasue1982
on 5/5/16 8:08 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Those scales are wicked fickle *****es, for real!!    GOOD FOR YOU, you are adulting all over the place like a friggin champ!!

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

ladygodiva1228
on 5/5/16 6:42 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Morning everyone!!!

QOTD: Wearing jeans, harley sweatshirt and **** kickers (workboots) as I am out in the scale house all day today, tomorrow, and next week oh joy.  Of course I have drivers trying to flirt with me.  Just keep driving boys keep driving.

Moring workout: Protein shake

B: 2 scrambled eggs with 2 slices thick cut bacon mmmmm

L:3/4 cup taco meat with some onions, olives, and a tbsp salsa

D: 3 oz baked chicken

S: yogurt (if needed)

Being very strict has jump started my weight loss again and so far down 2lbs in 3 days.  I will be honest I had let myself gain 6lbs by not measuring or drinking enough water.  I wasn't eating junk, just more than I should have and grazing on jerky and nuts.  For anyone who has a regain and says they just can't lose it they are not trying hard enough.  I feel 100% better. 

Vitamin patches on

48oz in so far

45min on treadmill done

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 371 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?