What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

mschwab
on 5/5/16 12:46 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

Hi everyone.  I am super late posting today, and I know that this string is just about dead, but posting anyway.  This is my Friday because I am taking tomorrow off.  I have a friend coming from Seattle for the weekend, so I need to shovel out the house so I am not shamed by my housekeeping.  So, the weekend will be busy.  Dinner party on Saturday night, and then a 5K on Sunday morning.  It is a benefit for an organization (Rose Haven) that I sit on the Board for.  It is a day shelter for women and children.  They are truly an amazing organization, and I am proud to be a part of it.

QOTH:  I took a risk and am wearing all white.  This is a very bold move for someone who is known to dribble coffee down her front.  I am pleased to say that I have remained clean to date.  Now that I said that, of course, I am sure that I will drop a full cup into my lap.  Here is a picture from this morning.

Also, here is a picture that was posted on Facebook.  I thought that you all would enjoy it.

Time Since Surgery 18 months:

B:  Egg Beaters, mozzarella and bacon omelette

S:  Ellenos Mixed Berry Greek Yogurt

L:  Flank steak and grilled asparagus

S:  Turkey pepperoni stick

D:  Chicken wings

Totals:  Calories 791, Carbs 34, Protein 74, Fat 40

Have a great day everyone, and be well!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Emiepie
on 5/5/16 6:51 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

You look great! 

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

mschwab
on 5/5/16 7:50 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

Thanks m'dear. You are sweet!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

G2GAWAY
on 5/5/16 3:12 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

AV-Coming up with the QOTD each and every day is truly and art form...and you are an artist!

I have to wear suits/jackets often so on the rare days that I don't have meetings I get to be more casual. I am wearing black dress pants (I always wear black pants to work, with the rare exception of navy) and a super cute top I picked up at Costco on one of their road shows.  It is a white eyelet/lace tank top with black scallop stripes integrated into the eyelet.  And I have on a black long sleeve sweater/jacket type thing so my arms don't show.  And black flats, always black flats.  I will have to change the shoes up eventually, but it is a challenge to find fierce 11 wide shoes for work.

Over the years I have begun to subscribe to this theory that "Successful People Are Choosing to Wear the Same Thing Every Day" to minimize decision fatigue, waste less time and energy, etc.  http://www.becomingminimalist.com/wear-one/  so I keep my pants simple. I love bright colors too, so I wear blouses and jackets that are purple (my favorite), turquoise, pink, etc. 

I have gotten rid of just about everything I owned pre-WLS (although I shopped in my closet for a long time as I had a variety of sizes in there).  I must admit it is kind of nice to have less things hanging in my closet.  But I find that I have to stop myself from buying too many things until I get to my goal.  Because, let's admit it, it sure is fun to buy clothes in smaller sizes and so much easier to find things that are in our size and fit.

Menu

B: Premier Protein

L: Scallops and salad at Red Lobster (OK-I had one of their amazing biscuits, but only 1!)

D: Grilled chicken and fruit

S: Laughing Cow Cheese and crackers

Gym tonight with the trainer.  I would probably just go home tonight and relax if I didn't have an appointment, so I am glad I have the appointment scheduled.  It has been that kind of day/week.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Emiepie
on 5/5/16 6:52 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Hope the time with the trainer is great!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 435 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 166 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?