What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

mamata2
on 5/4/16 10:56 am

What brand and size bottle??

stacyrg
on 5/4/16 11:53 am, edited 5/4/16 4:51 am
VSG on 05/12/14

It's a Nike belt (Vapor is the style, I think)  It has 2 8oz bottles.  I have another belt, but the bottles don't fit and the belt velcros and I'm always afraid the velcro is going to give way.  I like the nike belt . . . it has a big pocket which would probably drive most runners crazy but I like it.  My shot bloks, phone and teddy grahms all fit in nicely!

Emiepie
on 5/4/16 1:19 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Can't wait to see the tutu! I am sure the rest of it will work out :)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Queen JB
on 5/4/16 2:04 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

My dad lived in Ethiopia for many years and is fluent in Amheric. I learned enough from him to get by in parent/teacher conferences with my Ethiopian students :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

peachpie
on 5/4/16 9:59 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Work has me swamped- par for the course i suppose. 

QOTD: Hmmm- Christmas is probably my favorite family 'tradition' day. Its low key- we wake, open present, have a breakfast, snack, snack, and snack some more, then dinner and off to the in-laws. Its low key- just the four of us and we stay in our PJ's (except for going to the In-laws. I've traveled on Christmas have sworn it off ever again cause I love our lazy day at home.

Time since surgery: 1 year

M1- 1 egg w/ cheese, 1.5oz ham and 1 pancake 

M2- Honey crusted chicken

M3- Steak or left over oxtail

Stand-by: apple

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

RNY_elizabeth
on 5/4/16 10:04 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Welcome to Wednesday. This week sounds like it has been an uphill one for most of us. Nothing very dramatic here just staying up too late for me.  Monday night had to make an 8 hour round trip to drop one of my daughter's off at college.  She had been home for the weekend to go get a tattoo (her second) with my younger daughter who just turned 18 and immediately made an appointment to get her first tattoo. Given my tattoos I guess I can't complain that they want them but there is a conservative Mommabear streak inside my head going nuts. I waiting until I was 30 before I got a tattoo!  These darn kids today. LOL  Anyway, the drive to take her back to school after work put me getting home at 2am.  Work Tuesday then stayed up too late playing cards with my hubby. Now my 44 year old body is rebelling and I yawning. 

QOTD: Holidays are random and different for the most part.  I think the one thing we do each year for sure is I cry at some point on Mother's Day.  The kids are old enough to joke about it now.  There always seems to be some point during which I realize the folly of my ways and decide that if I was"a good mom" my kids wouldn't be so rotten.  They aren't rotten but something about Mother's Day always makes me think of the ideal mother and what it 'ought' to be like.  Then my kids will forget it is Mother's Day, or start fighting over who gets to sit in the front, or I will ask one of them to take out the trash and they will roll their eyes, or one of any number of disappointments will occur and then...the tears begin.  For years they thought I would cry because they were screwing up.  Now they understand I cry because I feel I should have done better by them because I love them like crazy. They tease each other about who will make mom cry this year and they work really hard to cheer me up.  It is actually pretty sweet. This year they promise that they are going to take me berry picking (which I LOVE and they all hate).  We shall see... I am sniffling already just thinking about it.

B: Activia Greek Light

L: Low card wrap with sliced turkey, mustard, and a slice of provolone

S: Grapes and blueberries (1 cup)

D: Crock pot low carb cabbage soup

S: Cheese stick

Protein: 75g, Calories: 745, Carbs: 65g, Fat: 18g

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

mschwab
on 5/4/16 10:43 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Good morning all of you lovely people.  Don't buy the "incompetent husband" routine, Kristin.  It's a trap!  The old "if-I-pretend-I can't-do-something-then-my-spouse-will-do-it" routine.  God knows I've pulled that trick more than once.  

QOTD:  The holidays in my family are huge, loud and fun.  Maybe that is the tradition.  We gather at the house of whoever caved in first (usually me), gather my sibs, nieces, nephews, Dad, greats, etc., all bring food and generally have a great time.  My family is all pretty verbal, so you have to be on your toes.  At Christmas last year one of the topics of discussion was what the US would be like now, politically, if Britain had won the Revolutionary War.  Yeah, we are a hip group.  

Have you seen the concert in the desert in California festival that was just announced?  The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Neil Young, The Who and Roger Waters.  Pretty much my dream line up.  I'm trying to talk some friends into going.  I really, really want to go!

Time Since Surgery:  18 months

B:  Egg Beaters, FF mozzarella and bacon omelette

S:  Yoplait Greek 100 Yogurt - Apple Pie

L:  Pork fried cauliflower rice

S:  Turkey pepperoni stick, watermelon

D:  Flank steak and grilled asparagus

Totals:  Calories 714, Carbs 51, Protein 74, Fat 25

I might add some chinese pork for an evening snack, if I am feeling the need.

Happy Wednesday, and be well!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

mamata2
on 5/4/16 11:02 am

May I please join your family?  That discussion sounds amazing!  All my family ever talks about is guns, hunting and small town gossip (I'm the only one who moved away).

mschwab
on 5/4/16 12:04 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

I have one brother that has a PhD in Education and another one that has an undergrad degree in history, so these sorts of topics come up frequently.  A lot of esoteric discussions at Schwab family gatherings.  I do love them, and always learn a ton.  I always walk away with a new book or two to read.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

AngryViking
on 5/4/16 11:19 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I've heard people refer to that concert as "Oldchella" but I would totally go!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 166 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?