What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

stacyrg
on 5/4/16 9:35 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I am not far from the OC at all (well definitely in travel distance!)  Let me know when you're coming in!

Emiepie
on 5/4/16 1:17 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

My flight arrives at just about 9a on the 24th and I will head to the office until 5 and will be there until Friday afternoon. We do have a bonfire thing to attend on Thursday night.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

G2GAWAY
on 5/4/16 9:59 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

I'm nearby in the Inland Empire (under an hour depending on traffic).  Tuesday or Wednesday night might work out.  Let me know...we can choose the date depending on if there are others in the area that can meet up too. 

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Emiepie
on 5/5/16 7:04 am
RNY on 08/11/14

That would be awesome. West Coast meet up!!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Deanna798
on 5/4/16 7:27 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Don't you love it, AV?  I've gotten the same kinda thing from mine in years past, but he usually did it at 8pm the night before.  Now that he's older and has a cell phone I just get text messages throughout the day.  This week as "Mom, I need to make cookies for Spanish class" so, my hubby had to stop and pick up butter and sugar (had none in the house) so he could make sugar cookies.  I won't let him make them until the night before, because i don't need that **** in my house.

I took a sick day today.  I'm currently at home in my PJs.  Don't feel jealous, I'm feeling rather icky.  When I got home from work last night my toddler had just fallen asleep for a nap at like 5.  We let him sleep while i cooked dinner and tried desperately to wake him up at 6:30 to eat dinner.  It was like trying to raise the dead, and though he woke up breifly he didn't stay up for more than a minute at a time.  It seemed so cruel to wake him, he was crying and miserable.  So he went to bed at 5pm with no dinner.  He woke up at 2:30 this morning starving, of course.  So I got up and made him toast with peanut butter (I didn't have any, yay!) a yogurt and I made myself a cup of coffee.  fast forward to 7am when he falls fast asleep on the living room floor.  So, I emailed my boss and took a nap.  

What I just did was start writing my resume, and looking at job listings.  I'm tired, and honestly this day is just as much a mental health day as it is a day of exhaustion.  

QOTD:  All my holidays have some sort of tradition.  Thanksgiving we always go to my in-laws, we celebrate with my family on the Saturday afterwards.  Christmas Eve is spent at my in-laws, and Christmas day I host.  New years eve, I have friends and their over and we play games and have a few drinks.  Easter is an egg hunt in my in-laws yard and 4th of July my father in law drops some big bucks and does a huge fireworks display while we BBQ at my house (we live 3 houses apart and our backyards meet via a path through the woods)

My menu today is not set at all because I didn't pack like normal.  Instead of my usual weekday breakfast, I ate a cold pork loin chop left over from dinner last night. I ate it with my fingers while staring into the fridge about half an hour ago, lol.  I had planned that to be my lunch, so for lunch I'll likely have a deli meat wrap.  I'll keep my eating down, and will just drink lots of coffee.

No totals for the day.

I'm feeling pretty down today.  Thank GOD I decided to not dump my therapist recently, huh?

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Emiepie
on 5/4/16 7:38 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Enjoy some cuddle time with your little one and hopefully you'll start feeling better. 

melissasue1982
on 5/4/16 9:17 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I'm sorry you are having a down day, I would give you real life hugs if I could, but a virtual hug will have to do.   Get some rest and I hope your day starts to brighten up!!

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

mschwab
on 5/4/16 10:19 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Sorry you had a tough night.  Rest today and be kind to yourself.  You deserve only the best.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

supershopper
on 5/4/16 8:33 am

Yesterday and today have been a crap fest. The internet and phone broke yesterday at 10 and I work from home so this is a no go. I worked from library yesterday and took calls from a chick fil a this morning and now back at library. luckily I'm just working 1/2 day today so that makes it better. I'm sooo irritated.

Chick fil a has nothing appropriate for breakfast so I ended up with sausage egg cheese biscuit with no biscuit. Then when I looked up the stats it was over 300 cal even without the biscuit so ended up eating egg, a little cheese and 3 bites of the sausage so only used 180 cal. Got the 'regular' creamer and it ended up being 30 cal each! and I had 4 - grrrr

So now my protein sucks and ive had 300 calories for the day already- I will makeup for it somehow. Might run by GNC when I'm out and get something low cal and high protein.

QOTD: love Christmas. not just the holiday but buying gifts for people I love!!!! shopping- its my favorite sport!

B: damn 1/2 sausage egg cheese, decaf with 4 tubs of creamer - blerg

L: something with protein

D: no idea- maybe chicken

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

stacyrg
on 5/4/16 9:33 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning! I've spent my time this morning trying to find a service to translate a document from English to Amharic.  My menu is up in the air today.  Due to cir****tances beyond my control I never made it to by groceries this weekend.  So I have to go shopping tonight on my way home from work.  I'm out of everything, except milk and cheese.  I'm also in a bit of a panic . . . I have a 1/2 marathon on Sunday and last night one of the water bottles to my hydration belt melted in the dishwasher.  I now have to try and find a replacement belt (they don't sell replacement bottles . . . I checked).  Also, the hamstring on my left leg is really, really tight . . . ugh, I need to get into a better frame of mind pronto!  On the bright side . . . my green tutu is almost done!  It's the Tinker Bell 1/2 and the friend I'm running with decided we needed matching tutus.  1 more yard of fabric and I should be good to go. 

KQOTD:  My favorite holiday tradition is one that doesn't happen anymore.  Remember the "Do you believe in ghosts?" QOTD?  Well, we used to have Christmas Dinner with the Roth family (the woman who "visits" me now).  We would go in the early afternoon, play games, laugh when the smoke alarm would go off (which it did every  single  year), eat dinner, drink homemade egg nog and celebrate my friend's birthday (12/28), etc.  As we all got older, it was the one constant . . . we would all travel back to her house for Christmas.  When my friend was in the Medical School or in the middle of his residency and living in Boston and couldn't make it back, he had the uncanny ability to call right when the smoke alarm was going off so it was like he was there with us.  We haven't had a Christmas like that since her accident and I miss it every single year.  Those were really good times . . .  sorry to bring the mood of the house down!!!

Sorry for being such a Debbie Downer, guys.

Plan:

B: 1.8 oz ground turkey, 1 egg, 1 oz cheddar cheese, homemade latte with 4 oz fairlife milk

L:  Tri tip and edamame (if it stops raining and I feel like walking across the street.  If not, just the 3.8 oz of tri tip)

D: ????

S: Light and Fit

Totals:  Haven't got a clue but should be right on target.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 431 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 154 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?