What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

Deanna798
on 4/29/16 8:27 am, edited 4/29/16 1:44 am
RNY on 08/04/15

morning AV. What a crazy, busy kinda morning. So, my hubby got called out of town last night and I had to get the kiddo to the sitter this morning, and I had a "quick" appointment with the NP at my PCPs office so I could get a refill on my script for Omeprazole. Well, that took forever, and she was wanting to talk about my surger and poking and prodding at my tummy. I found out my pouch is rather tender when poked through my tummy, so I'm glad I'm getting this PPI to take daily. I'm starting to worry if I'm actually getting an ulcer. I'm going to stick to the PPI and if I feel anything more I'll call my surgeon.

So, as I'm sitting waiting for the NP, my oldest texts me that he's not feeling well and would like to come home from school. He hasn't had a sick day all year, that kid is really a trooper, so I know he's not feeling well if he is asking me to come home. So, I go to the school and pick him up after my appointment, drop him off and head to work. Well, little did I know it, but the expressway is completely closed and I get stuck in traffic. I finally weasled my way off and took back roads, but even that was a nightmare. I usually don't eat breakfast until I get to work, but by the time I'm in traffic at 9:45am, I'm feeling the need to eat. So I ate cold bacon and a cold omelet with my hands while sitting on I-94, lol. Wasn't so bad, really. I'm just now drinking coffee, which tastes wonderful right now. Anyway, this is the last day to bill for the month so the pressure is on for me to finish this up project I'm working on and I didn't actually get to wor****il 10:20am. oh well, I'll do my best.

My picture today is one I snapped last night while snuggling with my little honey bunch. He's getting so big. We were snuggling with his favorite stuffy "Little Puppy". This stuffed animal was passed down from his oldest cousin Jacob, who just turned 18 in March. So it was not new when Kal got it, and now it's neck is all stretched out from being carried around and it's filthy dirty. I really need to get it into the wash, lol.

Food:

B: 1 egg, 2 bacon (even cold I love it), 1 slice of velveeta. Coffee with cream and spledna

L: canned chicken in BBQ sauce and steamed cauliflower. I'm taking a chance with this canned chicken. I picked it up on a whim from the Dollar General when i was in there a few weeks ago. I'm was rushed for time so I just grabbed it. Fingers crossed it's not gross, it has good calorie to protein ratio and slow carbs.

D: a homemade ground chicken breast burger with cheese on a lettuce leaf with tomatoes and onions.

S: light and fit greek and then something else this evening.

Totals:

Calories 611 Protein 67 carbs 31 fat 25

I will need something else to up my protein, but I'm not sure what it'll be. Likely another yogurt or maybe a warm protein coffee with spices.

QOTD: BOTH!  i love burgers with all the fixings, and I also love me a hot dog with mustard and sweet pickle relish.  Though, I'm finding it hard to work the burgers and hot dogs in.  Even the chicken dogs are a bad ratio of calories to protein and I try to stick with turkey (or chicken) burgers now.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Emiepie
on 4/29/16 10:12 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Snuggle time is the best time! Cuties :)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

melissasue1982
on 4/29/16 10:35 am
RNY on 04/06/15

You two are so dang cute!  And those videos you sent me last night, just precious!! 

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Capogirl
on 4/29/16 8:28 am

AV, I hope your weekend is stress free and Matt comes home in a good mood!

Saw my surgeon yesterday, she is pleased with my progress, I wish I was as pleased. I'm still stalled, they suggested again that I am not getting enough calories, especially since I work out 30 minutes a day.  So I will try again, if that doesn't work I'm going to try the liquids for a week and see if that gets things moving.  

Time since surgery 1 year +

B:  2 eggs, 1 slice american cheese

L:  Homemade chicken vegetable soup, trader joes pita crackers (4)

D:  Pork tenderloin (still lots leftover), zucchini

S: Yasso bar, muscle milk 100, blueberries

Cals:  884, Carbs: 57, Fat: 34, Protein 85

I know, not enough calories, but It's almost the weekend and I need to figure out some new menus

Capogirl
on 4/29/16 8:56 am

OOps, forgot the QOTD:  Burger only if hubby is making them because hubby is the burgermeister, otherwise it's a hotdog.  Burger has to have cheese, mustard and ketchup.  Hotdog mustard only!

seasley
on 4/29/16 8:38 am
RNY on 12/17/15

Good morning and happy Friday 

For the QOTD: prior to surgery i would of said Hamburgers, know i can't stand the taste of hamburger meat so i will have to go with hotdogs. Here in california ( visalia have to recommend Taylor dogs)

As for this weekend the only exciting thing i have planned is to see Luke Bryan in concert on Saturday 

Todays menu

B: coffee with protein, chobani flip 100 yogurt

L: turkey and gravy

D: german food mmmm

Have a great weekend 

Capogirl
on 4/29/16 8:56 am

Oooh, love me some Luke Bryan!

AngryViking
on 4/29/16 12:00 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

It's really too bad that Luke Bryan is so unattractive.  LMAO

karenp8
on 4/29/16 9:12 am - Brighton, IL

One of my favorites! I am too jealous!

supershopper
on 4/29/16 12:09 pm

Luke Bryan and I went to the same college though he is 2 years older than me- never met him, and I was in the music program there!

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 364 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 278 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 208 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?