What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

NYMom222
on 4/28/16 5:19 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I read your menu at first as 1/2 of a cookie... and I was like What???? hahahaha

There is this fitness writer that cracks me up...saw this article yesterday and made me think of the "Dr. Google" reference last week...

Get Your Medical Degree from the University of Google in 7 easy steps

another one of his I enjoy:

Eat the M**F**ing Lasagna - a recipe, hahaha

Words I dislike/hate: puke...vomit... anything referencing that is the first thing that comes to mind... I guess it is the visual that goes along with it.

SO much to do in the next couple of days before my surgery...teaching a painting class tomorrow and have NOTHING ready, so need to paint today. My son's old college roomate, my Indian son from another mother, is coming out from the city today to do yard work for me.... I wi**** felt like Spring... When I was in DC the other day it was 85. Right now, sitting here my heat just kicked in. WTF?

B: tea, protein drink

L: tuna, wasa or matzoh

S: Bar

D: ??? not sure again, which is trouble. Don't want to buy food because leaving for surgery in a few days...but need to eat.

Ex: 22 minute Hard Corp. Cardio

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

AngryViking
on 4/28/16 5:20 am, edited 4/27/16 10:21 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

AH!  I can't believe your surgery is so close!  You must be super excited.

ETA:  That lasagna article is freaking hilarious!  It reminds me of Thug Kitchen.  LMAO

NYMom222
on 4/28/16 5:30 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Love the Lasagna article... I am freaking out it is so close. Last surgery I was at my son's the week before going gaga over my 2 week old granddaughter. A great distraction... this time I keep flip flopping in my head about, what the hell am I going to look like?? I will tell you, it is a little freaky to go through such dramatic changes. Yet I say, It is me, it was all there, He just uncovered it.

Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

Save

Save

karenp8
on 4/28/16 5:54 am - Brighton, IL

I bet it is very emotional to see the change. Just like how hard it is to see and acknowledge the new smaller us at first. Even at almost 4 years out I am still amazed at how small my clothes are. If I go to Goodwill and look through clothes I will pull about a 6 or 8 instead of the size 0 or 1 that I actually need. And to have all that skin that is hanging there on me gone would be very dramatic. I can't even imagine what I would look like then--but I don't think you need worry as its bound to be better! Sometimes I get discouraged because of the saggy baggy skin but then I look at my before picture and remind myself that I look and feel so much better even with saggy skin!

NYMom222
on 4/28/16 4:16 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

When I am shopping I always look at pants, 'Like there is no way I am getting my A** into these"...yet somehow they fit.

Save

Save

Kakesie
on 4/28/16 5:21 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Hi Everyone!

QOTD:  I'd have to say I "hate" the word "hate" because it's such a strong negative word.  I also don't like it when people use the F-word as every other word.

I need to go to the store today.  I'm going to look for those Quest bars everyone keeps mentioning.  My menu will be an egg, protein shake, cottage cheese, string cheese sticks, greek yogurt, chicken breast with mashed potatoes & gravy and hopefully a Quest bar. 

I'm hoping the rain we've had for the last two days will quit so we can take the dogs for a walk.  Also hoping we don't get chased by the Doberman this time!

Have a great day everyone!

~ Karen  :)

AngryViking
on 4/28/16 5:25 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Wait, you've never had a Quest bar?  OMG, there are so many flavors and everyone has a different favorite.   I'm partial to White Chocolate Raspberry if we're offering suggestions.  LOL

Kakesie
on 4/28/16 5:33 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Now I'm super excited to go to the store and buy some!

monkam
on 4/29/16 4:21 am
RNY on 02/16/15

chocolate brownie bar.  microwave on a plate about 11 seconds.  just sayin.

Kakesie
on 4/29/16 4:49 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Darn, my Walmart doesn't seem to have Quest bars.  I found the Muscle tech Mission 1 bars, though.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 432 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 162 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?