What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

melissasue1982
on 4/27/16 7:27 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Mine is stupid simple. My name is Melissa Sue and I was born in 1982.  And they happen to rhyme!  lol

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

karenp8
on 4/27/16 5:23 am - Brighton, IL

Sorry about the start to your day,Kristen. Hopefully it gets better soon. Raining off and on here in Illinois so keeping my eyes open for a break so Lily and I can get our walk in. Report on the Muscle tech Mission 1 protein bars before I forget. I had the chocolate brownie flavor and it was tasty and quite filling. I think it's a keeper. I don't know if there are other flavors because that's all Walmart had. So many of them have sugar alcohols which make me miserable but these are sweetened with stevia. Pretty tasty. Post op almost 44 months and weight at 122 today. Here's the eats B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L 1/2 c tuna with a bit of mayo 1/2 c tomatoes D 1/2 c shrimp salad and 1/2 c green beans S protein bar. Have a great day everyone and make some smart choices!

AngryViking
on 4/27/16 5:29 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Oooh, good to know about the Muscle Tech bars!  I'll have to look out for those.  I forget, did you see them at Wal-Mart or somewhere else?

karenp8
on 4/27/16 7:27 am - Brighton, IL

Walmart back near the pharmacy by the protein powders.

melissasue1982
on 4/27/16 5:23 am
RNY on 04/06/15

The fridge "he bought you".....OMG I would flip my **** over that.    If he has ANYTHING in that fridge that is "his" it would be GONE.  yikes.

I am horrible thinking of questions, sorry.

1 year 3 weeks since surgery

Same menu as yesterday, since my family still enjoys meat, and my pouch HATES it.  I have been cooking myself a tofu meal and eating it every night for dinner.....so I don't have to cook myself a meal and the family a meal every night.

M1: Protein hot chocolate

M2: 4oz Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop Syntra milk chocolate w/ lots of ice

M3: 4oz Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop Syntra milk chocolate w/ lots of ice

M4: 4oz Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop Syntra milk chocolate w/ lots of ice

M5: Leftover, homemade, tofu stir fry

Totals: Cals: 667  Protein: 111  Carbs: 36  Fat: 10

I will probably have a snack before bed, curd cheese or yogurt.

AngryViking
on 4/27/16 5:26 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I'm super impressed with your almost all liquid diet here and how long you've been maintaining it.  Do you feel satisfied with the shakes?  I think I would chew my own arm off.  LOL

melissasue1982
on 4/27/16 7:31 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Well, during the work week it's not bad, kind of makes me feel in control more than normal.  Once I start chewing, I feel like I want to grave all day long LOL .   I CANNOT do it on weekends, just cant seem to stick with it.  Of course weekends are my hardest time sticking with any healthy eating.  ugh

It's not like this is making me lose weight like crazy, I am still NOT at goal.  Which has been teasing me like crazy, so close, yet SO FAR AWAY.    Although I know that nothing changes once you hit goal, BUT I still want to see that damn number on the scale!

stacyrg
on 4/27/16 8:59 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I'm with you, AV.  For the revision surgery my surgeon requires 2 weeks of 3 protein shakes and one meal a day.  I'm NOT looking forward to that and trying to figure out if I can use my mad negotiating skills (which sadly are non-existent . . . not a good thing for a lawyer to admit) to get him to back down.  My hat's off to Melissa!

melissasue1982
on 4/27/16 9:31 am, edited 4/27/16 2:30 am
RNY on 04/06/15

You can do it if you need to!  I wait as long as I can for my first one, and I drink LOTS of water.  Lots and lots.

So did you make a decision about the revision and I missed it?

Also, this is probably just another form of "disordered" eating for me, who knows.  I am a mess! HAHA

stacyrg
on 4/27/16 9:46 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I'm still waiting to talk to my Dr.  We were supposed to talk yesterday, but his scheduler called me that he got stuck in an emergency surgery and would need to reschedule.  I think he still wants to try the non-surgical treatment.  This may be a long answer to a straightforward question, so indulge me for a minute.  He really believes this treatment will help not just me, but other VSG patients who end up with GERD.  Problem is most insurance companies won't cover it.  So, we talked and agreed to try and "crusade" a bit.  I now have an appeal pending before the Cal. Dept. of Insurance.  We both feel that the more times an insurance company is required to cover a procedure, the less likely they will be able to deny on the "experimental or investigational" basis.  I'm lucky since I practice insurance law, so the appeal process has been easy, and It's helping him with other patients.  However, my acid is getting worse, not better and the med schedule I'm on now makes me break out in hives.  I feel like I'm 90 and a slave to my alarm.  Anyway, we agreed that we want to pursue the appeal for the greater good, but not at the expense of my health and at any point we think surgery is the right thing to do, we'd abandon the appeal and schedule the revision.  It's already been approved by the insurance company, so as soon as I say so, we can schedule.  Long story short, I'm 80% resigned to more surgery at this point.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 166 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?