What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

life_mirrors_art
on 4/26/16 6:29 am - Canada

Good morning!

Thunderstorms last night, so my poor little freaked-out doggies and I didn't get much sleep. Today I get to finish my taxes (April 30 is deadline in Canada.) Not a stellar start to the week.

QOTD: tough to narrow it down - I could happily spend $100 over and over again. Right now I'll vote for a gorgeous Japanese split leaf maple for the garden ... or maybe a fabulous sable paintbrush. 

Today's food;

B: roast beef

L: salmon and avocado

D: chicken leg

S1: HB egg, S2: chicken nibbler

Cal-876, protein-107, carbs-6

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

Daisydoo02
on 4/26/16 1:31 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Lady after my own heart, you had me a Japanese Maple!  I have one in my front yard, I talk to it like its a child, its very much one of my pride and joy tree's.  Its just so gorgeous!  The ice storm we had a few years ago hurt it badly, and because I was MO then and I was super lazy and didn't wrap it in burlap for the winter so its my own fault, but its slowly starting to come back.  Jap Maps are one of my fav trees of all time. I also have this STUNNING Weeping Beech that I have told my husband that if we ever move houses its coming with me LOL LOL LOL

mmmm salmon & avocado!!!!!

life_mirrors_art
on 4/26/16 3:23 pm - Canada

The split leaf maples are my favourites too - so delicate and elegant. I haven't seen a weeping beech; will have to google it. The salmon and avocado are amazing together!

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

Capogirl
on 4/26/16 6:29 am

Oh AV, sorry you are having such a bad week already! I hope things get better.

I was having a perfectly fine morning until the CEO came back from his 3 weeks in Florida this morning and brought a humongous box of bavarian creme munchkins from the only damn Dunkin Donuts in the world that sells those evil delicious morsels.    Yes, I had two already!  UGH!

QOTD:  In the past I would have hauled my fat ass to Barnes & Noble to stock up on reading material, but now that I can find clothes that fit, I can never have enough, so I'd probably run to TJMaxx or Nordstrom Rack.

B:  2 eggs

L:  turkey,ham,cheese rollups

D:  Pork tenderloin, sweet potato

S:  babybel, mary's gone crackes and 2 freakin bavarian creme munchkins!!!!!

AngryViking
on 4/26/16 6:34 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Bavarian Crème Munchkins are a thing?  I didn't need this information.

Capogirl
on 4/26/16 7:58 am

Yes, they are a "thing", there is only one store in a neighboring town that has them and the boss loves them, so he brings them in, puts them in the kitchen which is 10 feet away from my desk, takes one or two himself, then goes up to his second floor corner office and I have to know that they are right there dammit!  He loves food and loves to share, there are bagels or pastry here every Thursday, that's when the managers are here for their weekly meetings.  In the summer he brings back "Dilly Bars" from Dairy Queen, and we have lunches here about every two months, we don't need a reason most of the time, just"hey lets get lunch today, Beth call and order some Chinese Food, Panera, Deli, etc"!  We have, cake for everyone's birthdays, and at least once a summer we have a bbq on Fridays.  It's really very nice and generous, but really bad also. 

Daisydoo02
on 4/26/16 1:32 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

OMG pre WLS I ate Bavarian creme donuts like it was going out of style, damn your CEO, evil boss! LOL LOL

Deanna798
on 4/26/16 6:29 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Morning AV. It's rainy and foggy here today, and I think I might have to agree that Tuesdays are the suck. I'm sorry you had a spat with your hubby. I have been trying my very best to be nice to mine, since I can sometimes be a spoiled brat and I'm being mindful not to be unappreciative of him. Usually it would be me waking him up because he's snoring (not anymore since he got a cpap, lol)

I went to the gym this morning and as I was doing squats while holding a 20lb weight I somehow tweaked my lower back. It's not horrible, but it zings pretty good if I make any type of twisting movements. I spent the last 15 minutes of class on the floor stretching, which I think actually helped quite a bit. They tried to give me Ibuprophen at the gym, and of course I refused. I went home and took 2 tylenol and I'm feeling okay. I hope it heals up soon.

As for the QOTD: I would buy YARN! I would buy enough really nice high end yarn as I could. I'm just a little obsessed right now. i just got a shipment of yarn in yesterday from Turkey, and I'm starting another NEW project. This will make like 5, lol. I guess I should finish one, huh?

I did pretty well with my plan yesterday, my protein was a little low at 67, but I kept my calories and carbs down as well, so I count that as a win.

here's my plan for today:

almost 9 months since surgery

B: 1 egg, 1 bacon and one slice of velveeta. Coffee with cream and splenda

L: 2oz black forest ham (not a huge fan of this) with a slice of velveeta on 1/2 a low carb tortilla with mayo and mustard. A pickle and 2oz of mini yellow and orange bell peppers which I know I won't eat more than a few bites, but they looked so yummy.

D: shrimp salad (small shrimp, mayo, plain yogurt, onions and some old bay seasoning served on a romaine leaf with grape tomatoes)

S: 2oz cantalope with 1/4 cup whole fat cottage cheese and 1/2 scoop protein with 1 cup unsweetend almond milk

totals:

Calories 867 Protein 91 carbs 49 fat 33

have a great day everyone! Be strong and stay beautiful!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Capogirl
on 4/26/16 6:37 am

Deanna, be careful with your back!  I've tweaked mine a few times and spent two months at a chirpractor twice a week, then two months at PT twice a week, at $40 copay each time.  You don't want to do that.

Emiepie
on 4/26/16 7:01 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hope your back feels better, be careful.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 370 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 315 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 407 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?