What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

ShaunaBinks
on 4/19/16 6:13 am
RNY on 03/16/16

Moment of silence for the meat. 

QOTD-  Gnocchi, in a pink sauce. Movie- gone in 60 seconds. Crazy i know, but i just love it, Book-- i cant. i cant pick just one. i have hundreds of favorites. Maybe the collected works of William Shakespeare? its huge and it would take me FOREVER to get through it all .

i wrote yesterday that i dont "dump" but i can tell you my bowels were not happy the day after eating off plan. It may not have been dumping but it certainly wasnt comfortable. 

Glad i had a good eating day yesterday.

today-

latte

shake

ham/turkey cheese roll up

shake

tuna

Lapband removal May 2014

RNY March 16, 2016    HW 258/ SW 249 / CW  235 / GW 149 (my goal. surgeons goal 170)

Deanna798
on 4/19/16 6:16 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Good Morning AV! Yay for mental health days, and how exciting to meet an "old" new friend for the first time. I have made many online friends over the years (hell, I met my hubby online while playing a video game), and have met quite a few of them.

So, I feel freaking fantastic, which is really weird because shark week started yesterday and I was feeling rough. I dragged myself out of bed this morning and went to the gym at 5:30 and today was all about cardio. I packed a yummy breakfast (which I can't even eat all of) and I am excited for my lunch. Usually I listen to my audio book on my drive to work, but this morning I felt like a little music, so I turned on the radio and a Maroon 5 song came on. That made me want to listen to some more, so I queued it up on my phone and sang at the top of my lungs for the drive. I had a cop behind me on my way and I swear I could see him laughing in the rearview mirror. I don't even care. I feel like a million bucks. There is something to be said for exercise.

As for your desert island (I initially read it as Dessert Island and got excited) I think I would have to take a chef salad. I know, I'm weird, but to me that is the perfect food. my book would be The Works of John Steinbeck Complete and Unabridged. And my movie would be Les Miserables. I need a good tear jerker every once in a while, and as a matter of fact I think i will watch it again this weekend. The first time I saw it was when I was pregnant with my youngest. I had just gotten out of the hospital after a nasty gallbladder attack and I was sitting in my family room alone watching it. Early in the movie, I started sobbing uncontrollably, and my husband rushed in terrified that something was wrong with either me or the baby. I was so moved by the scene I couldn't even talk so I just shook my head and pointed at the screen. At first I thought it was just because I was hormonal and pregnant, but I watched it again last year and the same thing happened. LOL

So, here is my plan for the day:

8.5 months since surgery

B: 1 egg omelet 2oz ham, onions and a slice of velveeta. I was only able to eat 3/4 of this. Coffee with cream and splenda

L: a salad with ham and turkey, mozzarella cheese, grape tomotoes and onions with skinny girl salad dressing.

D: 4oz boneless chicken breast and steamed broccoli

s: Kays Naturals Cheese Krunchies, Quest protein drink made with unsweetened almond milk.

totals:

Calories 846 Protein 105 Carbs 49 Fat 31

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

melissasue1982
on 4/19/16 6:39 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I was flip flopping between Les Mis and Mama Mia.....or Moulin Rouge.  Les Mis makes me cry like a baby in a few spots.  Seeing Les Mis "on broadway" is on my bucket list.  I even read the book!  And have sang it SO MANY TIMES in concerts and performances....LOVE IT.

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

G2GAWAY
on 4/19/16 7:51 am
RNY on 05/16/15

I love Les Mis. Go see it sooner than later  even if it is just a local production. They are usually so good too. Don't wait for Broadway. 

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

melissasue1982
on 4/19/16 8:29 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I ALWAYS keep my ears and eyes open for local productions, havn't seen anything yet.  But I also live in Small Town New Hampshire...sooo yeah

Deanna798
on 4/19/16 8:37 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I got to see The Phantom of the Opera at the Pantages in Toronto before they stopped that production.  It was so beautiful that I cried, a lot.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

melissasue1982
on 4/19/16 8:40 am
RNY on 04/06/15

That is awesome!!

G2GAWAY
on 4/19/16 9:57 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

I saw Phantom for the first time when I was around 26 and it began my love for musical theatre (Michael Crawford was the Phantom). I had an awesome boss who bought tickets for me and my husband to go with him and his wife, took the day off work and went to LA. I had never been to anything like that before. Many years later, I am now a season ticket holder at the Pantages and got to see it again a year or so ago.  I am going to the Ahmanson tomorrow night with a friend to see Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder. CANNOT WAIT. 

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

AngryViking
on 4/19/16 8:52 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I've seen it three times on B'way and I would go again.  And again.  And again.  Just thinking about I Dreamed a Dream makes me cry. 

stacyrg
on 4/19/16 8:53 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I've seen Les Mis 5 times, 1 time on Broadway.  My all time favorite is the 25th anniversary concert.  In my house, we call it the "cutter" musical.  My dog has had 2 knee surgeries and both times we played the dvd of the anniversary concert, it calms him down and makes him sleep (ok, it could have been the pain pills, but I'm going with the musical!)  and I watched it on an endless loop after my VSG and gallbladder surgery.  Good stuff!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 364 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 277 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 208 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?