What's on your Monday Menu RNY'ers ?

mschwab
on 4/18/16 9:43 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Happy Monday everyone.  I am sitting in the back of the room at an all day meeting sneaking this post in.  I am hoping it looks like I am taking notes instead of slacking off.

QOTD:  I am one of THOSE people that actually has a written bucket list.  I just checked one off the list by zip lining in Kaua'i last month.  My list is a combo of travel, experiences and life goals. An African Safari, trip to Turkey, running a 1/2 marathon and giving a speech to an audience over 1,000 are a few.  I know. Don't judge me.

i had a wonderful weekend.  Paul McCartney was amazing. He played for 2 hours and 40 minutes, and did a combo of Beatles and Wings songs.  He sounded, and looked, fantastic.  He is so charming, and interacted a lot with the audience and told stories about the songs. So great.  

The weather was fantastic, and will be for the next couple of days (86 degrees today). Mostly tinkered around getting the yard, patio and porch ready for warm weather.

time since surgery: 18 months

B: Egg Beaters, ff mozzarella and bacon omelette

L:  Vietnamese salad roll with chicken

D: Flank steak, roasted Brussels sprouts and grilled asparagus

S: Deli roast beef

Don't have totals because I haven't plugged it into My Fitness Pal yet.

have a great day!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

stacyrg
on 4/18/16 10:11 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning, everyone.  It seems like everyone had a good weekend.  It was my brother's birthday yesterday, so we went to a nice steakhouse for dinner.  I stayed mostly on plan, but did order a salad, which is foolish, since it comes out first.  I was still able to eat about 3 oz of my filet, an asparagus stalk and a few of the sauteed mushrooms.  My family is awesome . . . it was one of those places where you share sides with the table and they always pick sides that I can eat.  I did have a small piece of his cake with a small spoonful of fresh whipped cream . . . his favorite is a chocolate cake with a chocolate/mocha frosting, so that's what I brought along to the restaurant.  We had the server cut the smallest slice he could without the thing falling apart, and I enjoyed every single bite without guilt or apology.  This week should be ok foodwise, except it's administrative professional week and my office has a lunch on thursday.  It's at an Italian restaurant, so I'm hoping they picked something other than pasta choices.  Also, the jewish holiday of Passover starts on Friday . . . it's actually a perfect holiday for me since you forego products containing flour (no bread, pasta, etc . . . )  The only downside is I LOVE passover desserts (meringues and coconut macaroons, etc.  So, I will have the best of both worlds starting on Saturday.

CQOTD:  I want to go to Alaska.  I've always wanted to go, but never did since I couldn't participate in the physical activities. . . . well, now I can.  So I want to do an Alaskan Cruise where you can plan side excursions and explore.  

Here's my plan:

B: Ground turkey, pesto and cheese

L: Leftover filet with crab meat

D: Pork chop, Caesar salad

S: Skinny vanilla latte and light and fit

Totals:

Cal.: 957; Protein: 102g; Fat: 43g; carbs: 33g

G2GAWAY
on 4/18/16 10:14 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

We did an Alaskan cruise and land tour with Princess. It was awesome. I couldn't do the helicopter tour I wanted to do because of the weight limit, but we chartered a small plan (held the 4 of us, plus the pilot) on our own and flew to Denali and landed on a nearby glacier. Highlight of the trip!

When I had to go to an italian restaurant early on, I just requested a side of grilled scallops instead of pasta and they were happy to accommodate. They usually have shrimp too or chicken.

I hope you get to make that trip!

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

FindingCharlie
on 4/18/16 1:09 pm - Saint Regis Falls, NY
RNY on 05/03/16

Hello Everyone!

QOTD: I would love to go to Irland and Scotland someday because it is my heritage, but probably won't happen because I am too terified of flying anymore and can't see myself on a ship either.  I don't even have an enhanced license let alone a passport, lol. I refuse to get a enhanced license because of the microchip in them. So I guess I might settle for going to Washington State and Oregon. They both look like they are beautiful!

B: Protein sake and a slice of multi grain toast w/ peanut butter

L: leftover taco salad

D: Barbequed cube steak and green beans

BW: 259 SW: 241 CW: 155.4GW: 125

Nothing Tastes as Good as Healthy Feels!

G2GAWAY
on 4/18/16 10:10 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

I know most of you are already done for the night, but for those lurkers who will eventually read this while trying to make a decision about surgery or understand how it all works, I will just have to post late.

B-Premier Protein Shake

L-Grilled Shrimp Skewer, some salad, some cooked carrots

S-Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese wedge-saltines

D-6 Piece Chick Fil A Grilled Chicken Nuggets, Kid Size Fruit Cup

S-Greek yogurt tube from the freezer

QOTD: I can't limit my response to just one thing. I am a traveler and adventurer (even when I weighed 130 more pounds). I never let my size or weight stop me from too many things (unless there was a weight limit). Although it is definitely easier with less weight on my body. I had ziplined before, but wanted to do it in Hawaii, so found a company with a higher weight limit and scheduled it for the first day of the trip so I didn't have to worry about eating and drinking during the trip. I had to weigh in at check in and just made it!  

So, my list is extensive, but skydiving, glider flight, and bungee jumping are on the list (now that I can meet the weight requirement). Travel list is an African safari trip (booked and scheduled for October), Macchu Picchu and the Galapagos (planning for next September), and New Zealand (future plans). 

Pursue your dreams!

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 446 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 364 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 278 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?