What's on your Monday Menu RNY'ers ?

obxhatteraslight
on 4/18/16 7:06 am - baldwinsville, NY

If you have one that is that far away Eggface as a really great list of items to look for. Bring a cooler :):)

life_mirrors_art
on 4/18/16 6:57 am - Canada

Good morning! Another gorgeous sunny day here, and the bulbs in the garden are growing visibly daily. :)

QOTD:England and Ireland are on my list because that's my ancestry and I was too young to appreciate that when we briefly lived there (under 3 years old.) Other places include Japan, Egypt, India, and New Zealand. I would love to revisit several European countries too.

Food -still working with the all-critters menu about 90% of the time. Weight is decreasing slooowly, but it is going in the right direction. Rotisserie chicken, roast beef, ham, and HB egg w chicken nibblers for a snack. Calories-850-900 (depends if I use condiments); protein-110-115.

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

White Dove
on 4/18/16 6:58 am - Warren, OH

The only time to visit Ireland is July.  There will be long, sunny days when it will get up to 68 or even 70 degrees.  The sun will still be out at midnight and the parks will be full of beautiful flowers.  It is green because it rains every day. 

December is wet and miserable and about 45 degrees.  The days are extremely short and it will often be dark about 2 in the afternoon.

The reason the Irish had a reputation for being drunks is because whiskey eased the arthritis caused by the bone-chilling cold and dampness most of the year. 

Plan your visit for summer in Ireland.  It is truly beautiful. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

chassibi
on 4/18/16 7:47 am

Good to know! Thanks!

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

obxhatteraslight
on 4/18/16 6:59 am - baldwinsville, NY

Weekend was decent. I find I eat more on the wknds when DH and I are together. Probably due to **** poor planning as well as being more active. Saw a beautiful sunset over Lake Ontario last night. 73 degrees yesterday should hit that today.

Bucket list. Someone mentioned Paris!! That sounds fantastic. Just getting back to The Outer Banks would be on mine. Have not been there since my kids were in diapers they are now 20 and 21. Shells and sand what more could a girl ask for?

I have a POWER HEADACHE AGAIN THIS AM!!! This is getting old. Not sure if I should get my eyes checked, have not had my eye exam in 2 years but could be allergies.

I am so nervous about my new job that starts Wednesday. Its making me want to shove CRAP in my pie hole. I have issues what can I say.

UNPLANNED TBD today. I need to go to store.

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/18/16 9:53 am

Too much artificial sweeteners give me wicked headaches.   Watch for that. That and constipation or if I ate food I am mildly allergic to... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

ShaunaBinks
on 4/18/16 7:02 am
RNY on 03/16/16

Good morning,

I have had some trouble the past week with wanting sweets- turned out to be hormonal- and being that i have not mastered the whole  no sugar no carbs thing yet i blew it. I had bad intake yesterday- had a Surprise Tea Party bday for my 8 y ear old and grazed. Grazed on food that is not on plan.  Grazing was in the form of tasting the things i made.  I wont detail them here, b/c i dont want to trigger anyone. I didnt blow it for good.  I had a bad eating day. I forgave mysself and moved on.  I can tell you unequivocally that i do not dump on sugar.

I did talk to my therapist and asked if this was self sabotage- but she said that all the positive things i am doing  show that i am doing my best- i am just not perfect and that i still have old habits to change. That was a welcome piece of advice and to just take it a day at a time. 

QOTD-I dont really have one.  All my life i wanted a child, a family a family  of 6 or 7 or 8. I just wanted to be a mom.  I didnt meet my Mr.Right until 38 and had my daughter at 40. After that time was not on my side.  I feel like of all things that i have ever wanted, i have been given the unimaginable gift of motherhood. I want to be healthy so i can keep up with her and have loads of fun. 

Bkfst- soft boiled egg

Snack- protein shake

lunch- ham and cheese roll up.

Snack- protein shake

Dinner- not sure- by the time i get to dinner i dont feel like eating. I may just do a shake. 

Lapband removal May 2014

RNY March 16, 2016    HW 258/ SW 249 / CW  235 / GW 149 (my goal. surgeons goal 170)

Deanna798
on 4/18/16 7:21 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Children are such a blessing.  I had my youngest at 40 after years of trying and thinking that I would never have another (I had my oldest at 26, but always wanted at least 2 kids).

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

ShaunaBinks
on 4/18/16 7:19 am
RNY on 03/16/16

Ireland in December will be chilly and damp but still very green. Fewer tourists than in the summer. 

dog_hair_dinner
on 4/18/16 7:31 am, edited 4/18/16 8:30 pm
RNY on 03/01/16

I had to modify my diet a bit.  The hospital wants me eating at least 90g of carbs per day and getting at least 14g fibre.  I was getting 25g-ish of carbs per day and was no****ching fibre.  My iron is also low, so I have to start taking 300mg of ferrous sulphate with 250-500mg of vitamine c, so the iron absorbs better.  I'm going on the hunt for those vitamins after work today.  

7 weeks post-op

B: premier protein shake with 1/3 cup blueberries

S1: 2 laughing cow light cheese with 2 prunes

Lunch: 1 cabbage roll (beef, brown rice, tomato sauce)

S2: 2 laughing cow light cheese with 2 prunes

Dinner:3.5 oz sirloin grilling steak, 1/2 potato

Totals so far: 715cals, protein: 85, carbohydrates: 84, fiber: 9

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 275 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 404 views