What's on your Monday Menu RNY'ers ?

NYMom222
on 4/18/16 6:03 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Get to have the baby here for her first Christmas....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Deanna798
on 4/18/16 6:35 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Morning Chassibi! I was considering starting this, but hadn't yet had a chance to get settled at work. Thank you!

Your sugery date will be here before you know it. Do you go full liquids at some point, or is it 3 shakes and one low carb meal? I only had to do 1 week of full liquids, but I accidentally started a day later than I was supposed to, so I ended up doing 6 days. The first 3 days sucked, but on the 4th day I felt awesome. Either way, good luck!

I had a wonderful weekend! Friday night my hubby and I went to the local Kombucha brewery and had a tour, then spent some time in the tasting room. It was awesome! Saturday morning we went down to visit with a friend of ours. He teaches at the local art college and lives right across from the Detroit Institute or Arts. We went and took him out to lunch, and then visited his art studio in the Scarab Club (which is an old art collective). I was blown away by that place, and he encouraged us to come down later in the year for their Masquerade Ball. I'm so excited about it I could squeal. I took some pictures. I hope you guys don't mind, I'll upload them in another post in a few minutes.

Today is my 7th wedding anniversary, so on Saturday evening we went out to dinner at an incredible restaurant. It was fantastic, and I was a little bad and had a few bites of carrot cake. I may have also had a glass of wine before dinner, lol. Then yesterday we had dinenr at my inlaws and I made a zucchini lasagna. I may have had a small bit of angelfood cake with pudding, fruit and cool whip.

So, obviously after a weekend of induglence I am ready to reset again. I think that my menu is pretty decent today, my calories are running a little high, but it's all fat calories and I'm okay with that. My carbs are excellent.

8.5 months since surgery

B: 1 egg, 1 bacon and 1 slice of velveeta and coffee with cream and splenda

L: Zucchini Lasagna (leftovers from yesterday)

D: Delmonico steak and some green beans

S: Ham and cheese roll up and a quest vanilla made with unsweetened almond milk

totals:

Calories 972 Protein 88 carbs 25 fat 60

As for the QOTD: I have to agree with Ireland. Though I think I'd like to tour Great Britain in general. England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. it's the first on my bucket list, but I have a 2.5 year old so we'll have to put it off for a few years anyway. I want to be able to go for at least 10 days when we do go. Time to start saving up now, I guess!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Emiepie
on 4/18/16 6:59 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Happy Anniversary!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

chassibi
on 4/18/16 7:43 am

Sounds like you had an awesome anniversary weekend! You forgot to put pics of the new ring here though....

My surgeon bases your pre-op diet on BMI...more than 50 has a 2 week liquid pre-op. Less than 50 has 1 week of 3 shakes/1 meal and then goes to 5 shakes the next week. I don't know where the cutoff is next, but he said I could do the 3 shakes/1 meal all the way up to the day before surgery, then to do full liquids that day. My BMI is 40.9, so maybe because of that? I dunno.

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

Deanna798
on 4/18/16 8:59 am
RNY on 08/04/15

each surgeon is different.  I believe mine does 7 days all liquids regardless of your BMI.  My BMI was upward of 50 when I went for my initial consult and was probably around 47 when I had surgery.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

FindingCharlie
on 4/18/16 12:50 pm - Saint Regis Falls, NY
RNY on 05/03/16

Happy Anniversary!

BW: 259 SW: 241 CW: 155.4GW: 125

Nothing Tastes as Good as Healthy Feels!

mamata2
on 4/18/16 6:42 am

Good morning!

I have been MIA due to a conference last week.  This weekend we had the most fantastic weather.  It was glorious.  I sincerely hope it stays spring, but I need to remind myself that it snowed just one week ago :(

Bucket List: I really want to go to Paris (I have it planned for our 20th wedding anniversary in 5 years).  Also, my crazy dream is someday participating in the Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii.  In order to go you either have to qualify (which will never happen), be a celebrity (again nope) or be a Legacy lottery winner.  In order to qualify to enter the lottery you have to do 12 Ironmans.  Then you get in a lottery with 10,000 other people for 500 spots.  Not great odds but I've got my fingers crossed that it will happen someday.

Time since surgery: 21+ months

B: Coffee with cream and JD Breakfast sammy

S: Coffee with cream and almonds

L: LC Beef Rancheros

S: SF Latte

D: Tuna fish on white bread

W/V: Started

E: REST DAY!

Totals: Calories 1152, Protein 69, Carbs 140, Fat 37

mschwab
on 4/18/16 9:15 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Paris is my happy place, and my favorite city in the world.  I love, love, love it.  It is the perfect place for your 20th anniversary.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

G2GAWAY
on 4/18/16 12:36 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

Well the Ironman is definitely NOT on my bucket list, but I hope that one day your wish comes true.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

obxhatteraslight
on 4/18/16 6:45 am - baldwinsville, NY

Whats a PATS being a nurse I should know

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 370 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?