What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

NYMom222
on 4/15/16 1:35 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Sorry...better safe though....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Daisydoo02
on 4/17/16 8:23 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hope you feel better, being in constant pain is not good and you need your life back, fingers crossed you get some relief and some answers on Wed!

Nicole K.
on 4/15/16 8:15 am - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

Happy Friday Everyone!  I'm not in the greatest of moods, I've been hovering at the same weight for 2 weeks now and I'm so depressed. Losing the fat has made me a mental basket case, or something has.

OK, here are some pictures, as I said, I don't have very many.  This is my mother, pregnant with me (circa 1975), so I guess this sort of counts as a picture OF ME, right?  I have so few pictures of her, I cherish the ones I have.

This is me standing, by the way, my name is Nicole (I wish the photographer would have fixed my shirt), my little sister Alicia is the cute blonde (my only sibling), and my cousin Michael has the killer V neck on

This is another with me in the center, my sister is in the front inspecting her belly, and a dear friend of my family is behind us.  Her mother was my mother's best friend.

No idea on the menu today, lots of protein shakes and I'm going to work out all weekend and see if I can get out of this stall. 

Nicole 

RNY on 2/12/2016 with Dr. Kent Sasse

First consultation weight: 309  Goal weight: 150

Emiepie
on 4/15/16 8:54 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hope you feel better, being in a funk is no fun. Great pics!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

mschwab
on 4/15/16 9:34 am
RNY on 11/21/14

So cute.  Your mom was stunning, and you are a super cutie.  Feel better!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Daisydoo02
on 4/17/16 8:36 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hey Nicole, first off the weight hovering at the same for two weeks, as easy as this is for me to say, "relax".  Its a "thing".  We all went through this, we all had a freak out and we all survived. I do also remember thinking I was doing something wrong, I was eating wrong I was a failure... etc etc, but guess what, No its just a stall.  It sucks big time because we get used to seeing the scale move daily or every couple of days. But please trust me, your weight will start to drop. Keep following your plan, don't go off plan because you think "to hell with this crap", no, its just a stall.  Keep up your fluids, keep up your protein, do little to no carbs and get out and get some sunshine and walking that helps with your mood if nothing else, this will pass. If you search "stall" by using the magnifying glass looking icon up in the top right you will get a gazillion posts about stalls, and at all different parts of our journeys.  You are doing fine, you are  just in a stall, stick to your plan and you will see things happening soon, trust me okay.

Oh and to add to this, the hormone dump is real!  You are not imaging that your feelings and mood are all over the place,  again part of WLS, it does go away. You can do this, I know you can and coming here for support is awesome, we got your back.

Now your pics, oh my gosh you look just like your Mom in her pregnant pic, to me that is just so incredibly special considering she is no longer with you to see what a beautiful lady you turned out to be.  You were a super duper cute kid, and you are a beautiful lady, thank you for sharing with us a part of your childhood.

And again, you got this, don't hesitate to come here and ask for support and help, that's why we are here.  

HUGS to you Nicole 

Grim_Traveller
on 4/15/16 8:18 am
RNY on 08/21/12
On April 15, 2016 at 12:19 PM Pacific Time, AngryViking wrote:

Good Morning all, and Welcome to Flashback Photo Friday!  I've been thinking about this all night.  Is that sad?  LOL  I can't wait to see all of you in your mini-me glory!  ahem  OK, here's two of me.  The first is from the only professional family photo shoot I've ever done.  I was 4.  HA!  Please note the artsy black and white.  The second one I think I was 5 or 6.  It's me, my brother and my mom at Disney World.  All I really remember from that trip is that it was so effing hot.                                               

OK, I guess I still can't post photos.  LOL  The c/p is not working when I embiggen the pics, so these are the thumbnails.  Enjoy!  And lemme tell you something.  I had better see a photo from every damn one of you today.  If I can manage to figure this **** out, YOU can manage.  LMAO  j/k.  Sorta. 

QOTD!  I may have asked this before, but do you now or did you ever have a nickname?  Not like Sue instead of Susan, I mean like something else.  My son's nickname is Scooby Doo.  LOL  I've called him that since he was an infant.  In addition to the usual "honey" and "sweets", my husband calls me Boobah.  Or The Boob.  LMAO  It's more endearing than it sounds.  I call my husband Feebs, because he's "feeble" and can't (won't) do things for himself.  Oversharing! 

Time since surgery:  21 months

B:  coffeeeeee, HB egg and a cheese stick

S:  Friendship Fit to Go and 4 saltines.  Shut up.

L:  the rest of the rotisserie chicken salad I got from Tops yesterday.  This was so good.  SO GOOD.

D:  aaaaannnd here's where the menu falls apart.  I really have no idea what's going to happen.  You know what I want?  Pizza.  There, I said it.

TOTALS:  shrugs 

AV, even at that young age, I can tell it's you.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

AngryViking
on 4/15/16 8:36 am
RNY on 07/17/14

HA!  And I just noticed that I am holding my head the same way in the b/w photo as I am in my profile picture.  I guess if you find an angle that works for you...

mschwab
on 4/15/16 8:53 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Hello all of you cuties.  I am loving all of the pictures this morning.  It has made my Friday!  You all are so darned cute that I can't stand it! 

QOTD:  I really don't have any nicknames not based on my name.  I get called Mary and M.A., but that is about it.  Oh, of course, there are probably other nicknames that my staff and peers call me behind my back, but those probably aren't appropriate to discuss here.  

Here are my pictures.  The first one is when my mom washed and hung out to dry my favorite bankie.  I was an industrious child, and had to make it work.  The second picture is from my twenties.  Out of college I worked on a cruise ship for three years.  This was taken on the top deck of the ship, with fellow crew members around our "employee pool."  I'm the blonde in the sunglasses.  The girl on my right is still my best friend to this day.  The third picture is from my trip to Hawaii.  We kept seeing bus stops with all of this ratty furniture at them.  We thought it was so funny that we kept jumping out of the car and taking pictures at the stops.  I should publish a coffee table book, "Bus Stops of Kauai."

My menu today is pretty incomplete.  I have a working lunch meeting today, and then I am going to see Paul McCartney tonight and will meet friends for dinner.  Paul McCartney!  Yay!  I saw him about 10 years ago, and he was amazing.  Really looking forward to tonight.

Time since surgery:  18 months

B:  Egg Beaters, FF mozzarella and bacon omelette

S:  Sausage egg muffins (I am the Ron Burgundy of eggs.  I love eggs.  Eggs, eggity, eggs.)

L:  Unknown, but probably some sort of corporate box salad

S:  Yoplait 100 Greek - Apple Pie

D:  No idea because I don't know where we are meeting.

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Emiepie
on 4/15/16 8:59 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Nice pics! Love the little pool! My hubby wanted to go to see Paul on Wednesday night (he started his tour here) but the tix were so expensive he decided to pass but regretted not going when he saw all friends and co-workers posting on FB about it. Enjoy the concert!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 275 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 404 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 208 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?