What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

mschwab
on 4/14/16 9:48 am
RNY on 11/21/14

I used to drive a Pathfinder.  I loved it and drove it until I was practically picking up car parts on the side of the road.  I hated giving it up, but could no longer depend on it to get me there and back.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

karenp8
on 4/14/16 6:31 am - Brighton, IL

I'm back! Hubby,Lily and I had a great time camping. We took the new to us RV to a state park that is about 35 minutes from our house on Sunday about noon and came back yesterday morning. Lily and I walked and walked (probably more than 5 miles a day) and found all kinds of trails. Some were easy and some were somewhat challenging with hills and logs to climb over. Lily loved all the smells and new sights and sounds. The best part was we were the only people there except the campground host so it was very quiet. Had a campfire two nights and Sunday night went through a pretty bad storm with thunder and ligtening. I was worried about how Lily would do with that because she is terrified of storms,but we crated her,covered the crate like at home and she did just fine. We actually managed to have all the necessities with us but did come up with a small list of things it would be nice to have with us too. When we got home I got the camper cleaned up and rugs vacuumed and today I get to do the laundry. Post op 43 months and weight at 121.4 today. Exercise will be 3.2 miles at the park after lunch and 30 minutes on the bike at some point. Here's the eats B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L tuna pouch with tiny bit of mayo and green pepper straps D 31/2 oz baked fish 1/2 c green beans S Greek yogurt. My vehicle is a red Chevy Colorado. Hubby drives a black 2011 Chevy Equinox. Have a great day everyone and make some smart choices! 

Emiepie
on 4/14/16 7:31 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Glad you had a good vacation.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Pokemom
on 4/14/16 8:32 am
RNY on 12/29/14

What a great camping trip.  I love thunderstorms, but I don't know that I would like them when camping.  We usually camp in tents, not an RV, so maybe that felt more protected.  I also love reading your menus, because I love steel cut oats, and you have them a lot, but I hardly ever eat them now.  Maybe when I get to goal like you.  Happy laundry!

karenp8
on 4/14/16 11:43 am - Brighton, IL

The RV is a 1995 Jayco Eagle that will sleep 6 so there is plenty of room for hubby,the dog and I. It's almost like being at home but with new scenery. It was pretty quite even with the thunder and lightening and felt very protected. It was nice too to have a furnace because it was quite chilly at night and a TV to watch when we wanted too!

mschwab
on 4/14/16 9:49 am
RNY on 11/21/14

I LOVE thunder and lightening storms!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Emiepie
on 4/14/16 6:47 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! That dressing sounds amazing...where did you find it?

I know I have also read an article on body image but can't remember the source or how long it's been but I know I will watching to see if anyone posts it again as I sure could use a reminder too. I also feel bad for my hubby who does his best to understand and support me but just doesn't "get it" sometimes when I am feeling down about the extra skin and sometimes the wrinkles (not sure what else to call them, but the lines that are there from having extra weight there for so long and now that it's not there-does that even make sense!?!?!) on my face.

Today is another crazy day in my world. Lots of meetings here at work regarding all the upcoming changes and then it's open house at my daughter's school tonight (the last elementary one-*sniff*)

QOTD:2014 black GMC Terrain named Thor (LOVE IT!) and hubby drives a 2014 black Chevy Cruz named Loki. Glad I'm not the only one who names my cars.

Time since surgery: 20 months

B: SF latte, egg beaters with shredded cheese, slice of bacon

L: Chicken patty (frozen from Cost****arrots and ½ an apple sprinkled with cinnamon

S: SF latte, banana cream L&F Greek yogurt, a boiled egg and beef jerky

D: egg beaters with shredded cheese, slice of bacon and SF pudding with toasted coconut

E: 6 miles and elliptical at lunch

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1072 Protein:118 Carbs:80 Fat:27

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

AngryViking
on 4/14/16 7:20 am
RNY on 07/17/14

WalMart, baby!  In the produce section! 

Dcgirl
on 4/14/16 6:52 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi all,

Kristen, I love your questions of the day - your posts seriously crack me up every single day, even if I don't always post!

I drive a 2008 Volkswagen Jetta named Norbert.  He is paid off and only has 35,000 miles on him (I live in the city so I never drive!) so I fear I will drive him forever.  Sigh.  #firstworldproblems

Time Since Surgery: 29 months

B: Rosemary chicken salad, coffee with half and half

L: Chicken parmesan lollipops from Trader Joes

D: Korean fried chicken

Hmmm chicken all day!

It's a rest day today, which feels decadent.  I will walk to the grocery store at lunch since I am cooking for a fella tomorrow night.  Turkey meatloaf, asparagus and roasted potatoes.  Sounds like a manly meal, right?  LOL

Have a great day, all!

P.S. Cilantro avocado dressing sounds heavenly!

Grim_Traveller
on 4/14/16 7:43 am
RNY on 08/21/12

What in the name of all that is holy is a chicken parmesan lollipop?

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 370 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 315 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 407 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 212 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?