What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Capogirl
on 4/14/16 9:36 am

Good afternoon,

Home today, not feeling so great, tummy issues this morning.  Feeling a little better now.

QOTD:  I drive 2005 Silver Dodge Grand Caravan, her name is Mona because for some reason when the steering fluid gets low, she starts moaning.  Before Mona I drove a fire engine red 1998 Mercury Mountaineer which my hubby inherited once I bought the van.  He drove that until last spring.  We bought it used and drove it for 15 years.  I backed my van into it once, had to replace the whole back gate of my van, couldn't even find the tiny scratch on the mountaineer.  Great car!  I am in need of something newer and smaller, I'd like a Toyota Rav 4 or a Nissan Rogue, but can't really justify another car loan, hubby got a new vehicle last year.  I also need a vehicle for my daughter by next spring, maybe the van will go to her and mommy will find something newer.

Menu today is tea and pita crackers, the only things in the house I could possibly eat/drink right now.  I'd kill for a sugar free popsicle or a few sips of diet ginger ale, hopefully hubby brings me home some. 

mschwab
on 4/14/16 9:38 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Hi all.  Is it Friday yet?  Finally a couple of free minutes in the morning (at least it still is morning on the West Coast) to post.  My meeting schedule has been crazy since I got back from vacation, and I haven't had much of a chance to post, and this string is always dead by the time I get a few free minutes.  I have read all of your posts everyday, tho. 

I drive a BMW X3, and I love, love, love it!  It's a beautiful shade of blue and, for all of you fellow Marvel nerds out there, I named her Mystique. I too am a clean car gal.  I cannot stand any junk in my car, and always clean it out whenever I get out of the car.  I'm not as good about getting it washed, but at least the inside is clutter free.

I went to a charity auction this weekend and ended up buying a deed to a timeshare in Ka'anapali on Maui.  What?  Alcohol may have been involved.  Oh well, it was a good deal and a good cause.  I guess I know where I am vacationing next year.

Time Since Surgery:  18 months

B:  Egg Beater, FF mozzarella and bacon omelette

S:  Sausage egg muffins

L:  Pork fried cauliflower rice

S:  Yoplait 100 Greek - Tropical Fruit

D:  Chicken thigh and broccoli

S:  Roast Beef Deli meat

Totals:  Calories 751, Carbs 32, Fat 34, Protein 84

My sodium is way too high with this menu, so I may replace the deli meat with something with less salt.

Have a great day everyone!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

melissasue1982
on 4/14/16 10:20 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Whoa that is....not like my "drunk" purchases!  I took an ambien the other night and ordered 2 books on my Kindle, I have NO MEMORY of doing this.  Thankfully the total was like $4 hahaha

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

mschwab
on 4/14/16 10:24 am
RNY on 11/21/14

When I make a drunk purchase I like to go big!  My motto is, "anything worth doing is worth over doing."  

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

melissasue1982
on 4/14/16 10:29 am
RNY on 04/06/15

That is a great motto!!  AND you get to go on amazing vacations now....sooo WIN WIN!! 

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

stacyrg
on 4/14/16 9:46 am, edited 4/14/16 3:23 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning all!  Late night last night as we stayed up to watch Kobe Bryant's last NBA game.  Have I ever mentioned this is my favorite time of year?  Baseball has started and its time for the Stanley Cup!!!

AV, I remember the article and I was quite interested in it, because I struggle with body image Every Single Day.  In my mind, I still am and will always be the fat girl.  I don't know if it's because of the loose skin or because I'm a complete headcase, but I get the struggle and it's real.  Given my current situation, I'm also probably a bit of time away from plastics, so I'm trying to work on body image with my therapist.  It's not helping, she wants to discuss the past, while I feel I need to address my now issues.  If anyone has any awesome suggestions as to how I can see myself as I am now, I'm all ears.

KQOTD: Right now I drive a Buick Verano.  

Here's my plan:

B: Ground turkey, pesto and cheese; homemade latte made with 4 oz of fairlife milk (I about passed out last night when I was in the store and saw the price on fairlife was up to $5.75 . . . got to stock up when I see a sale!)

L: Chicken thigh and beans

D: New York Strip and pear and gorgonzola salad

S: Light and Fit, skinny vanilla latte if I can make time to walk to Starbucks

E: Circuit class at 6:30 this morning and if I leave work on time, kickboxing tonight

Totals (including extra latte) Cal: 1,018; Protein: 111g; Fat: 36g; Carbs 48g (edited to change my protein total from 11g to 111g, because 11 grams of protein is a pitiful number)

seasley
on 4/14/16 10:03 am
RNY on 12/17/15

Good morning everyone

QOTD! I drive a 2015 Kia optima. needed a new car to carry my new grandbaby( whos is know 7 months ) around in as the old - hyundai tuscon was little by little going down hill but i could just about anything that with the back seats down. My hubby drives a ford flatbed truck. We also have a 2 chevy silverados that are parked

My menu for the day is :

B: protein coffee and L&F greek yogurt

L: left over country pork spare ribs and Mac's BBQ pork rinds 

D: chicken fried steak with a little country gravy ( my family loves these)

Might add something else to the menu

Totals: 626 calories ; 40 carbs : protein : 60 and Fat 29

Deanna798
on 4/14/16 10:09 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Mmmm, chicken fried steak with gravy. 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

AngryViking
on 4/14/16 11:47 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Right?!  Holy hell.

Grim_Traveller
on 4/14/16 2:20 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

I've never had chicken fried steak.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 361 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 275 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 404 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 208 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?