What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

supershopper
on 4/14/16 8:22 am

We have 3 cars for the 2 of us, a vw jetta wagon, a vw jetta sedan, and a ford f 150 lariat truck. the last one is my DH 'project ' truck and he has painted it with black bedliner paint. It is like the hotrod race car black. We live in redneckville so it fits right in here.

We did not plan on having two white jettas but My murano was getting too many miles and we sold it to my sister in law so though we needed another car. We are debating whether to sell one of the jettas and just have one and the truck. But we don't seem to be in a hurry about it.

My pouch was burning yesterday, not sure of the issue but I'm doubling down on liquids from now on.

We are having a town festival this weekend- Bear on the Square and I have to rush up this afternoon to straighten up our antique and jewelry booths before tomm! also going to the library to check out books about more jewelry making techniques.

Food:

b: lunch ham/decaf coffee

S: shrimp i think

L: no idea maybe tuna

D: up in air- probably bringing something home

I AM jogging today- I need to get back at it after feeling like crap for the past week 1/2

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Pokemom
on 4/14/16 8:58 am
RNY on 12/29/14

Hello OH friends!

Trying to put on my shiny today, but I am really fatigued in general.  I have to put on that shiny for my husband--he does not do well when I show weakness or physical fatigue--his father was an alcoholic and his mother was chronically ill, so if I show too much of not feeling well, it really triggers something in him.  There is always something to smile about, but sometimes it is nice to mope, and I don't have anyone to mope to, so I will mope to you all.  I am having more of my many-months-long series of vein treatments.  I know a lot of you have had such treatments too.  (Looking at you, Grim.)  It is not that any one treatment is all that bad, but I have had so many of them, and so many ahead--and although the doctor is great, I find the office really difficult to work with, so they just take a lot out of me.  Fatigue, pain, not being able to shower for several days.  I know:  whine, whine, whine. 

Also, yesterday was a bad evening for me eating-wise.  It was like I could feel it coming on all day--carb cravings.  I even thought of making cookies, though I did not.  I had also felt really sick (belly sick) for much of the late afternoon and evening.  Finally, at night, I ate a bowl of rice with butter and cinnamon--and that is something I hardly ever ate even before WLS--and then, even though I was mostly full, I chased that with a small Naan bread.  This kind of overeating is unusual for me--the stuffing myself and so many simple carbs at once.  My big issue is grazing, not stuffing. At least I think so. Oh well, back on track today.

OK!  Now with that all out:

I drive a brand new silver 2016 Toyota Highlander with all the bells and whistles.  We call it the space shuttle, because it seems so darn fancy, and it talks to us.  It heats our bums and cools our bums!  It has a heated steering wheel, which I adore. 

My husband drives a 2009 Mazda 3.  We have a 2008 Honda CRV for our teens (LOVE that Honda CRV).  We also still own our old Honda Odyssey minivan, which is practically dead, and it lives near campus with our college daughter.  It gets her to the grocery store and back, but it has to go the way of dying transmission cars before long.

We do lots of skiing, canyoneering, kayaking, biking.  So AWD and a good hitch and racks are essential for us.  The Mazda is fun to drive, but we miss the AWD and rack/hitch options with it.

Today's menu:

Vitamins: all measured in my little cups on the kitchen sink windowsill!  I usually do really well with my vits.

Drinking:  I always brew my brews in the morning, so I can drink through the day.  I don't do well with tap water since surgery.  Today I am drinking Crio Bru (of course), Teavana Berry Bliss herb tea, Mighty Leaf African Nectar Roobios herb tea, and some Pero--a blast from my parents' past.

B:  Fage total plain yogurt with lemon curd

L:  Leftover chicken curry with peas and a little plain yogurt to cool the spice

S:  Hmmm.  Cheese and deli turkey and dill pickle.

D: Soft tacos for the family.  So I will have the meat and cabbage and tomatoes.

Thanks for reading my mopes!  Shiny back on now!

Capogirl
on 4/14/16 9:51 am

I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time, and that your husband is not very understanding about it.  Sometimes you really just have to vent and I wouldn't call that whining, I don't think I could stomach that procedure myself, and I definitely couldn't stand it if I couldn't vent about it.

melissasue1982
on 4/14/16 10:06 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Im sorry you are having so much pain and fatigue with your vein treatments, and extra sorry you can't show signs of it at home!!  You are a trooper!! 

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Emiepie
on 4/14/16 10:55 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sending hugs your way. Glad you have a place to get it out there!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Daisydoo02
on 4/14/16 9:04 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Morning gang!  Sorry I am late to the party!  Fighting fires at work, just got on now and read all the posts!  YAY for photo friday tomorrow, got mine all picked out, can't wait to see everyone as kids and descriptions!

AV maybe ask Kathy S. she seems to have an awesome memory on what has been posted in the past, she might be able to help you out with the body image article.  I would like to see it again too, I struggle greatly with body image, A LOT!

QOTD:  2005 Four door Nissan Altima SE "extra",  that tan/beige colour that practically every Nissan Altima is painted in.  There is this random badge under the SE that says "Extra" and I have yet to figure out what makes it so special to have "extra" written there, too funny.  I have 275,000 km on her and she is an AMAZING car.  I LOVE my car.  Her name is "Beast", because whenever someone comments on my car and says "you drive a 2005?" my husband replies "are you kidding me, this car is awesome, she's a BEAST!!"  The front seats are spotless, and I too have the grocery bag slung over the gear shift for garbage.  The back seat of my car is another story, my car is the "dog" car, meaning we go anywhere with them we take Daisy's car and hubby's truck stays beautiful, pristine and like brand new, my back seat well its dog hair and parts of the forest we go through, pebbles, mud, you get the picture. LOL

Menu is pretty much the same as yesterday but today I am having chicken for dinner not steak: tuna, tuna, chicken, bell peppers & laughing cow cheese.

Time Since Surgery: 2 years 5 months

V/W: vits done, calcium on alarms, lots of coffee, tea, water mixed with cranberry juice

E: 5km run at lunch (about to go out), 4km run when I get home and after dinner will do 5km hike with hubby & dogs

TOTALS: calories 859  protein: 125 carbs: 32  fat: 26

I must try that salad dressing looks amazing, I love anything cilantro or avocado!!!

Happy almost weekend peeps!  

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

cheapskate
on 4/14/16 9:11 am
RNY on 03/30/15

The great news is my scale came, and in other exciting related news I am down 5.5 pounds and my scale isn't synced with my fitbit yet so I can weigh with abandon!!! 

QOTD: i drive a blue Toyota prius named Elvis because he is a legend. It is our second prius and I love him. 

Vanilla bean protein shake

Coffee

Kale mozzarella chicken burger and goat cheese medallion 

Steamed chicken with Sriracha 

Microwave pork rinds with hald plain yogurt and taco seasoning 

Cal 756 protein 109 carbs 18 fat 28

Grim_Traveller
on 4/14/16 9:47 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Down 5.5??!! Good for you!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

melissasue1982
on 4/14/16 10:08 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I saw that on MFP and was like WOOT WOOT someone's new scale came with a present!! lol

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Emiepie
on 4/14/16 10:57 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Awesome!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 364 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 277 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 208 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?