has anyone NOT had trouble with each food they try?

The Salty Hag
on 4/11/16 6:26 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

I didn't have problems at all with any foods while I was moving through the phases. 

I still have no problems with proteins. ( I've only had problems with stuff that isn't smart for us to eat anyway. A few corn chips will have me wanting to die, even paired with protein.) Cashews, even an ounce, do tend to make me queasy now, so I've stopped eating them. 

I have developed a greater sensitivity to sugar alcohols in the last year. When I was pre-op, and up to the first year out, I could have limited amounts of sugar alcohols except maltilol ( which always made me feel icky. ). Now, I can only use Erithrytol in baking, when before I could use xylitol as well. 

Since about two years out, I have had some problems with RH, but that's easily remedied by making sure I eat at regular intervals. ( It usually happens mid-morning if I wait too long to eat something solid. )

Not having problems eating is a good thing! Yay for having a low maintenance pouch! 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Daisydoo02
on 4/11/16 7:59 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Its not you at all Shauna,

Nothing bothers me either.  Never did.  I don't like how scrambled eggs feel in my pouch so I don't eat them scrambled, I eat them hard boiled or over easy.  I did get a piece of carrot stuck once, my own fault, I either took too big a bite or didn't chew.  That resulted in hours of retching and major pain, thought I was having a heart attack. But other than that, nothing bothers me either.  I feel blessed because I am not limited to just a certain set of food, or people who can't eat meat and drink protein shakes all day, what a bummer not to be able to eat everything.  And when I say "everything" I mean what is in my post WLS menu rotation.

I am so happy you are doing so well!  A month post op and you really got it. You are doing everything right. How is the exhaustion, are you finding it a bit better?  Every week it will get better and better. Your loss is great, don't doubt it for a second.

Keep up the great work, so glad you have joined us on the menu thread as well!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/11/16 9:11 pm - OH

Nothing ever bothered me, either, and my surgeon had us on soft foods on Day Three post-op.  At the end of my second week post-op I had some delicious baked buffalo chicken. About 3 bites, but it was delicious and went down just fine.  I didn't tjrow up at all until I was 18 months out (and ate some dry chicken too quickly).

The vast majority of people have very little trouble eating post-op, but it seems like it is the other way around because it is the people having trouble who post about it. No one posts just to say "I'm four weeks out and still haven't had trouble eating anything."

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

G2GAWAY
on 4/11/16 11:02 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

No, it isn't just you. I think we read about the people who have problems and don't hear from those who have no issues. I moved through all of the phases slowly and according to my doctor's schedule, with no problems. I focused on fish, shrimp, and scallops first, sliced turkey, cheese, and didn't get to stea****il much later. Tried a little with no problem, so next time I tried more. Remember to chew, and then chew some more. It is important to stay mindful when you eat because I think not chewing thoroughly could lead to challenges for some people. 

You are doing fine. Follow the guidelines from your doctor, read the message boards, and trust yourself.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

ShaunaBinks
on 4/12/16 5:46 am
RNY on 03/16/16

Your responses have been terrific. I feel so much better now.  I am an over thinker, worrier,obsesser..

I will just keep moving on.

Have a great day

Lapband removal May 2014

RNY March 16, 2016    HW 258/ SW 249 / CW  235 / GW 149 (my goal. surgeons goal 170)

RNY_elizabeth
on 4/12/16 7:09 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Everyone is different. I have a close friend who had the surgery a year before I did and she can eat any protein she wants.  She is a meat-a-saurous. I dump with any kind of fat (3g or more) or sugar (anything above 6g) so I can't eat many meats. I can, however, eat fresh fruits and veggies with little issues and she is super jealous. She hasn't had a tomato in ages and I eat them most everyday. Bodies are wildly unique. Enjoy your new body!

~Elizabeth

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

DanaDenise
on 4/16/16 9:22 am

I never had trouble either...and it scared me.  I followed the diet I was given, and I was lucky!  It was hard for me to slow down, and I still eat a little too fast at times, but I haven't had any trouble with any food I eat!  We are fortunate!!

lking
on 4/16/16 3:44 pm, edited 4/16/16 8:44 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 12/04/15

I will be 5 months out next Friday (4/23).  I can say that I have not had any problem with any of my food...yet.

67 yrs old, 4'10", BMI 31.8 (51.8 at start), HW 256.4 (8/4/15), SW 217.4, CW 152.8 (4/30/18), GW 125.0, RNY 12/4/15 Dr. RoseMarie Jones, Breast Cancer DX 2/16, Bi-lateral mastectomy 8/9/16.

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday menu?
Ymaliz · 28 replies · 164 views
Another Tuff Day!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 43 views
What's on your Wednesday menu?
Ymaliz · 59 replies · 397 views
What's on your Tuesday menu?
Ymaliz · 34 replies · 314 views